Close
One second...

Hair Blog *OR* Cancer

I'd like to share a little something with all of you. Basically what I do is this: I go up in front of the congregation at my church (I'm a bit of a celebrity at my church) and say to them, "For every $10 that you donate to The American Cancer Society, I will cut off an inch of my hair and donate it to Locks of Love." The congregation then puts some money in a box and someone cuts my hair. I don't want to toot my horn or anything, because I really didn't do much, but with the recent deaths of Tony Snow and Bobby Murcer (both to cancer), I thought that this would be a good time to illustrate that there are things we all can do to help fight this dreaded disease. Things that don't even cost us anything. I highly recommend that any long haired person thinking of getting a trim should consider doing something like I did. But on a lighter note, here are the funny looking before and after shots:

Here I am with my hippie-hair and beard, also known as the Jesus look...

And here I am sheared...

I also decided to have a little fun with my beard before the Marines made me shave it off. Here is the Foo-Man-Choo...

I swear this mustache looked better in person. Yuck...

And the final result...

So do I look better before or after, or somewhere in between? God that mustache is bad.

hangs head in shame

Watch this
flourpower

Bill Bailey isn't sure...

iDanSimpson

short hair. goatee (or beard).

sonmi

that's a nice thing you did

helladelightful

i think the short hair looks great! and i dont necessarily side with dan- just because he needs facial hair to look like an adult dones't mean you do!!

Mr Anonymous

yeah iDan, i like the beard too. unfortunately its against regulations, so its god-aweful-mustache or nothing.

Mr Anonymous

Jack, being the pastor's son and the church's sound engineer helps too.

DaddyDom

you seem happier as jesus

flourpower

To actually give my opinion, I say clean-shaven, and either short or middle-length (like 4-5 inches ish?) hair.

I'm cutting my hair soon, but there'd only be enough to make a jewfro...

Mr Anonymous

DaddyDom on Jul 13 '08 at 11:25pm you seem happier as jesus

g3rpander

You're a replicant! Leon Kowalski!

Bramish

Kudos for the moneyraising. Cancer's a cunt.

And you look loads better short-haired and clean-shaven.

maddingo

yeah good work.. besides best not to show up at boot camp as a long haired hippy anywayz.

mullmuggins

I vote for shaved head and face too!

aled

lol @ replicant

You're in the Army now! Kudos for the great cause. Well done.

mullmuggins

Oh, and good on you for doing such a nice thing!

E190

Good on you for doing your bit to beat cancer! You look great clean shaven, facial hair is bad :(

Mr Anonymous

fatheed on Jul 14 '08 at 2:49am lol @ replicant

You're in the Army now! Kudos for the great cause. Well done.

Thanx, but its Marine Corp not army.

No account?