• by adaneko
  • posted Jun 28, 2008
  • 24 Comments

Scooter love.

Watch this
adaneko

Scooter love.

nwnights

The scooter rocks! I wish I had that kind of talent.

Cici

the scooter should have more detail

olbeardy

I think the color should be more muted and tonal, or neon. the res and the sunburst makes me think of the Japanese rising sun symbol.

seth7843

It doesn't need any more detail. I like the simplicity. Great job!

adaneko

The design is meant to be simplistic and bold. The red is supposed to resemble the rising sun. ;)

nwnights

I agree with the rising sun coment left by adaneko. Since the title of the design is rising sun after all.

m76

i think it's pretty cool, maybe some work on the fading of the rays..but other than that i like it.

evanr

that's the naval battle flag. Not sure what it has to do with the scooter, but fuck it. Too cool for school.

devynci

i think the red streams should continue instead of just kinda stop in the oval pattern, but otherwise I love it.

Although I admit that the scooter looked like some of crazy alien to me for a moment.

gooberfatchi

Hey Ada! This is Brandon from facebook/the random time at Hay Day. I know I only met you once, but I saw your facebook status, and have been a big fan of threadless for a LONG time...and your design is flippin' sweet! I knew exactly what you were trying to get across...I love it because I'm actually in Tokyo right now, and TONS of people drive those scooters..so it totally fits. hahaha. Good luck on your design I gave ya a 5!

imaemu

amazing! reminds me of this anime called Fooly Cooly actually...

Larsino

is that a vespa? i wonder if i'm not the only person that might mistake this for an engrish.com submission

adaneko

Larsino -- it's a Vespa, yes. And why the Engrish.com comment?

prodigy09

fun, fun! I think if the lines continued off anymore, they'd overwhelm the whole shirt. The oval shape works to contrast the central circle of the sun and give it some interest. definitely going to wear this to class once it gets printed. fo sho.

Magnulus

Vespa gives me Italian associations and the sun Japanese ones. It feels confused or confusing, I'm not sure. Maybe because I'M confused. Haw!

adaneko

Vespas aren't Japanese, but they are somewhat of a symbol in Japanese pop culture, which is where the inspiration of the design came from. You might refer to gooberfatchi's comment above. ;)

LoonyGirl

I LOVE VESPA!!!!!!!!!!!!!THIS IS VERY COOL!!!!!
only the rays need some work ....

buyteesnet

very slick - Vespas are cool!

adaneko

itap920

Ada this is amazing. I'm just figuring out how to score it

Artm8ker

Cool graphic!

beeyoueye

I've always loved the rising sun look, and I love this shirt too. I think it'd look better if the beams were a bit longer though.

No account?