Close
One second...

eLove

• by sakepok
  • posted Jun 18, 2008
  • 63 Comments

It seems to me that some household items have faces, personalities and lives of their own. So this is a small love-at-first-sight moment between an electrical outlet-socket and a plug.

Could either be printed on Silver Grey, Heather Grey, Sand, Light Blue or Blue Jean.

Hope you like it. Tell me what you think and where to improve.

:)

Watch this
Page:
  1. 1
  2. 2
sakepok

It seems to me that some household items have faces, personalities and lives of their own. So this is a small love-at-first-sight moment between an electrical outlet-socket and a plug.
Could either be printed on Silver Grey, Heather Grey, Sand, Light Blue or Blue Jean.
Hope you like it. Tell me what you think and where to improve.

junosgold

Great design, well executed. My only issue is with the title...

...oh...wait....I GET it!

sorry, it truly did take me that long to figure it out.

Forget what I said...Submit it!

sakepok

Sin399

nice... I like design although your plug can be improve the top pin dont look too in place

vinibinini

Pretty cool, id buy it

sakepok

Thank you all,
I'm working on a 2nd version (it's taking me some time, trying to get acqauinted with Illustrator...), fixing the plug, cableand some other small changes, trying to improve.

sakepok

that is

sakepok

acquainted
can't type today :)

sakepok

In this version the cord is less dominant, the plug is slightly larger and in a different angle, the top pin has better perspective now (I think), and the lower-middle outlet doesn't look as happy.

sakepok

oh, and the other two versions are just computer glitches in the middle of uploading the new version...

beerninja

Make the cord either go around the back or disappear off the tee

sakepok

Good idea

jayrawz
jayrawz profile pic Alumni

maybe the chord could disappear at the bottom of the shirt.. toward the "cratchal region".. haha

crit mine?

TheFarmboy

Love the idea! A follow up could be "Doomed Love: when an American plug falls for a british socket!"

sakepok

Great idea, LOL

sakepok

The cord is slightly thicker and its edge disappears

sakepok

Another slight change to the cord. a bit more streamline now. And small changes in the placement and proportions of the outlets.

junieyu

i like this a lot.
the facial expressions are so adorable x))
PS. Critique mine too (:

Barent

very nice one. Like it!

ArtsyChap

ahh i feel we are kindrid with our lighting stuff :)

i really like it - the faces are priceless! submit!

dmunz

Why not make a heart around the matching socket?

sakepok

Thanks for the Crits.
I know what you mean, I tried a few things as a sketch, such as a heart above the plug and the right socket, but it seemed like too much.
Any other suggestions?

mike bautista
mike bautista profile pic Alumni

i always made out faces in sockets when i was younger.
what if you left the socket the same color as the others, but with a word bubble with a heart inside it?

sakepok

that's a good idea, I'll give it a try, thanx

reamontime

I like the design the way that it is. It's definitely a boy's shirt tho. I think it might be good if you had a girl's version, too. Where the outlet is outlined in blue on some pink or purple tees.

sakepok

Drastic change in color to... pink! I could also change the outlet colors to shades of blue, but then there might be a problem as these would be two different (yet very similar) prints.
Which do you prefer?

sakepok

Yeah, that's what I did in the beginning. I'll give it a couple of days and might return to that... Thanks

jayrawz
jayrawz profile pic Alumni

o ya i remember t his one.. instead of cutting off the chord i would suggest making it look like its coming from the wearer of the shirt.. looks kool so far

JeshuaPeterK

better is dun offer obvious answer to the puzzle, that should add points to the design

junieyu

i like pink &blue (:

artulo

Looks nicer on maybe a charcoal color - I like the idea but it needs more color. Perhaps the male end head and prongs could be two different colors? Great work though!

sakepok

Thanks y'all

penz

awww so perfect

bcrider

I like the cord being thicker; I wonder about wrapping the cord around to the back with the heart there...

I think you may have too many plugs; I think even just three would make the statement you're looking for. :)

sakepok

thanks for all the comments

dom0

Hey brilliant idea, Universal Plugs for the nations!!!!

the cable and plug looks a bit big, and i might make the cable wrap around so you get some detail on the back. great concept!!!

Let me know what you think:
Dark Room

Phinx

On problem The slot that the plug belongs in has a semi circle for the bottom um ...thing so why are all the pipe like things on the plug all round. Give sort of a flat surface to the bottom plug bar thing to make it seem like like i fits in that socket.

Crit mine too plz.

Page:
  1. 1
  2. 2
No account?
Join Us