Close
One second...

Tequila Diablo

• by Tombie
  • posted May 21, 2008
  • 11 Comments

My idea here is to create a ficticious label design for an evil, hallucinagenic tequila. The look I'm going for is a mixture of Mexican imagery and a hod-rod/tattoo art/Dick Firestorm type of look, but cute and fun rather than serious, too.

I don't speak Spanish, so if anyone wants to correct the text, they can do.

Not sure on the colours yet - I like these browns on a white tee, but might try something brighter, maybe on a goldie-yellow tee so it looks roughly the colour of tequila?

I know it doesn't make much sense or have a deep concept to it, but I'm pretty pleased with it. Please let me know what you think before I sub it. :)

Watch this
Tombie

My idea here is to create a ficticious label design for an evil, hallucinagenic tequila. The look I'm going for is a mixture of Mexican imagery and a hod-rod/tattoo art/Dick Firestorm type of look, but cute and fun rather than serious, too.

I don't speak Spanish, so if anyone wants to correct the text, they can do.

Not sure on the colours yet - I like these browns on a white tee, but might try something brighter, maybe on a goldie-yellow tee so it looks roughly the colour of tequila?

I know it doesn't make much sense or have a deep concept to it, but I'm pretty pleased with it. Please let me know what you think before I sub it. :)

Leroy_Hornblower
Leroy_Hornblower profile pic Alumni

I would totally buy a bottle of tequila that had that label.

khaag

That's a super cool label, but it really needs the bottle as well. Here's an idea: What if you made the bottle, and then did the label in some foil? That way it would be like a label you see on a real bottle of liquor, and also it brings something really unique to the design! I would buy it in an instant if it had the foil used in the design. I really think that its an underused feature here at threadless. This presents the PERFECT opportunity to use it IMO.

Critique mine please?

Eelydave

try to find a way to treat the worms the same way you treated the other traditionally illustrated elements on the label. cute worm faces are not doing it for me.

Tombie

Tweaked version, now with gold foil/metallic.

I've fiddled about with a few details of the drawing as well. I wanted to keep the worms cute as they were my favourite bit, but I've added dry wrinkles to their lips to try and blend them in more with the other bits. I've improved the shading on the devil, too.

Eelydave

maybe some irregularity in the border line and some white outside it

jayrawz
jayrawz profile pic Alumni

very kool.. submit..

crit mine?

label
label profile pic Alumni

Cool but it should be psicodélica.
:)

Sucha

fantastic, i think you should submit it right away :D let me know then, so i can 5$ it!

Tombie

Thanks for the tips, I'll try and get the final version up soon. :)

No account?