Close
One second...

Sick of my Job!

hope you like it. something a little different.

Watch this
mrdavenport
mrdavenport profile pic Alumni

hope you like it. something a little different.

pajamasquid

It's all too pale. It's hard to see the design well. I'm craving some contrast. If it was on a darker shirt, I think it would be fine.

Ipso Facto

The values are too similar.

walmazan
walmazan profile pic Alumni

sweet!

mrdavenport

thanks for the comments guys, so you think that a darker shirt would be better?

EmbryoProject

Man...I LOVE this concept...I think it just needs to be reworked, detail and color...

EmbryoProject

Man...I LOVE this concept...I think it just needs to be reworked, detail and color...

afrit

navy maybe? who cares, its great $5

ginetteginette
ginetteginette profile pic Alumni

i really like the idea but it looks like the horse broke out of jail instead of a carousel. how come there are so many broken bars?

mrdavenport

i just did that to show where the horse came from. i basically just did that to show thats where the horse was before. do you think i need it?

ginetteginette
ginetteginette profile pic Alumni

i think if there were less bars (one for every horse would make more sense and maybe more horses in the back at a lower grey-scale) and that only one bar was broken it would be clearer

mrdavenport

good idea ill keep that in mind when i resub. thanks.

jujube2

I like everything except the stink cloud coming from the trashcan.

cyanidee

lol nice. its probably pale because it was in cmyk which can easily be adjusted

entify

wow, our brain signals must have crossed as we have both submitted similar designs on the same day!

mrdavenport

yeah, cyanidee, i think you are right.

and entify, you are right, i saw your submission, thats really cool that we had similar ideas. i gave yours a 5$ hope you did the same!

Shinku Hisaki

Very cool, diggin it a lot! I agree with the bars comment, and I'd love to see this on a darker shirt.

arete81

the stink cloud is a bit gross, carousel needs more detail

mrdavenport

i put the cloud coming up out of the trash can to make it look more apparent that he is throwing up. is it not needed?

yue kitty

great idea. i think the lighter color you chose is the best choice because it gives the illussion that its a happy little carnival. Also you should make the thrash can a little more detailed but other than that I give it a 5!!!!! for a really good idea

mrdavenport

thanks yue kitty. you are right, the reason i used the light and bright colors was to make it feel really happy and stuff even though he is throwing up which contrasts it.

leah_bh

The extra bars aren't need at all, it's obvious it's a carousel horse and that's a carousel in the background. Just have the bars for the other horses.

This is really forward, I'll be looking for the resub. (maybe put it in critiques first)

FRICKINAWESOME
FRICKINAWESOME profile pic Alumni
2 designs submitted - Score now!

ginetteginette on Apr 29 '08
i really like the idea but it looks like the horse broke out of jail instead of a carousel. how come there are so many broken bars?

My first thought as well. But ginette always steals my thoughts and travels back in time to make those observations before i had a chance to think them in the present! Damn her wily ways! hehehehe.

Anywho, great idea and quite the different take on a carousal horse running away from the rest. A little more action on the carousal as well might increase the obviousness that the horse is really dizzy.

mrdavenport

thanks frickinawesome, ill definitely add some action lines to the carousel to make it look more obvious.

thanks everyone for the great comments!

amateur de la nature

The front leg on top of the trash can is throwing me off; it looks a little akward. I think it's because the hoof is pointing sidways. I like how shiny the horse is.

filipinox953

i really like it. you could have made it throwing up rainbow. that would have been cute, in my opinion. Great job otherwise! :)

mrdavenport

thanks for the comments guys! i was thinking about the rainbow throw up thing but its already been done... the clown

dus1129

usually no text is always better but i do think u should add "sick of my job" to this one....its hilarious
i love teh broken stick

kwwojo

best sign ive seen all day! just rework a few parts, maybe a different colour shirt and ill definitely buy it!

mrdavenport

thanks for the great comments guys!

by the way, a lot of people are saying the colors are too light. in your opinion should i change just the shirt color or change all of the colors to a more darker one?

t-elite

hilarious and well put together!!! 5

radreb

sweet- yeah , add the text for this one - but let your boss see it!
me too - sick of my "other" job
but i love my new threadless t-shirt designing job

radreb

^ or -Don't let your boss see it!

maaita

I never even thought about this, btu it's such a perfect idea. I liek it as it is. $5.

platinum
platinum profile pic Alumni

nice idea!!

trippyhippie

great idea... bad color scheme. Pastels aren't my cup of tea, I think it'd be better with bolder, brighter colors instead of soft tones. I also agree with the whole "too many bars" thing, one bar to each horse will do the trick.

mrdavenport

thanks guys!

theenjoisk8r

first off, it's way too bright. second, though i like the idea, the idea seems too close to "Where marshmallows come from" and "The morning after".

littleclyde
littleclyde profile pic Alumni

I like the idea behind this design! Also, I think the pastels are a good color choice - what you were saying about going for the contrast is spot on, in my opinion. I would just work on the trash can and carousel a bit, like others have suggested. Nice work though!

mrdavenport

oh by the way theenjoisk8r, i disagree. The idea behind this design is completely different than the idea behind either of those.

No account?