Close
One second...

GRANNY STYLE

H.O.R.S.E. was always good old fashioned fun for me - I loved to do it Granny Style...errr..shoot it.

5 colors on just about any color you wish. I chose fonts that remind me of my youth (when typography was crappy ;) ).

Watch this
iQuip

H.O.R.S.E. was always good old fashioned fun for me - I loved to do it Granny Style...errr..shoot it.

5 colors on just about any color you wish. I chose fonts that remind me of my youth (when typography was crappy ;) ).

jujube2

It's been a while since I've heard the expression 'Granny Style'

fmf

I've never heard of 'Granny Style'.

I'm assuming it's in a different league to 'doggy style'?

courtney pie

hahaha. man, yea, long time since i've heard that. let alone someone call their shot... rad shirt

mezo

That's how I bowl!

courtney pie

wow, who knew granny style had been corrupted. dang.

well anyway... this is the original slang

ladrones

too many fonts. i dont say this practically ever.
but lose the text

*single tear

iQuip

HA! It's nothing sick...well, I hope not. Thanks for the link courtney pie.

courtney pie

no prob, sadly it has gotten twisted over the years and to some it maybe be pervy... not me tho!

iQuip

ladrones...It's almost like a type tee - fairly crappy without typeography IMHO...err...less crappy with it. ;) courtney pie, your slogans are badass.

iQuip

*typography 0_o

Vaden III

rushed typographical decisions can undo hours of hard work spent drawing. the "backboard" font does not flow... and anyone who works with illustrator knows that it is one of the basic bundled fonts

iQuip

It's meant to be a crappy font (read the first comment) Vaden III - so, I'm not offended.

Also, what's illustrator?

NothingbutaName

umumumumummmmmmm.... funny concept, but there is no excuse for bad typography. and cookie tin is a great font (backboard) so don't call it crap! stick with 1-2 fonts, redo with something similar but not so... ugly. :D other than that4

chelly

get rid of "i call" and the rest is golden imo

iQuip

chelly, the "i call" was a last second addition...though, it was often said when taking "the shot"...i do agree, tho.

Ellsswhere
3 designs submitted - Score now!

everything except backboard works, the type choice is simply out of place... i would actually rock this sans backboard

iQuip

thanks Ellsswhere :). mayhaps it can be that way.

Jueidu

$5

BUT

I would take out "I call" (it's genuine to the time, but not so great on a shirt), and yeah, change the font of backboard.

This is wonderful.

helo

awesome idea to use different fonts with each line in this design,
but I don't want the fonts you used

This is a great design to take through the Critique section
of Threadless to get feedback on the fonts.

The green line's thickness for the illustration's border
is either too thick or nonexistent. There's very few
areas where it looks decent.

During H.O.R.S.E. I loved putting all kinds of
funky conditions on my shots. If you ever choose
to do a belt print with a whole bunch of conditions
placed all over the shirt here's some you can choose from

left handed, with your eyes closed, behind the backboard,
off your head, hook shot, feet can't be touching the ground,
feet must stay on the ground, behind your back, between
your legs, one bounce, off the wall, sitting down, standing
on one leg, way back here, at this crack on the ground,
no hands allowed, total net, all net, only net

larkink13

i like this a lot...
=]

lsmith25

i think it's tons of fun, i totally use to shoot granny style when i played horse as a kid. too many kinds of font though.

liberatesputnik

Hahahahah

I got the joke, I think it's hilarious.

mcgowen007

[Disclaimer: This comment is not going to be very helpful from a design standpint]

Man! If I had a dollar for every game of H-O-R-S-E I won with that very shot in my youth, I'd be a very rich man!!

No account?