Close
One second...

HOT TOPIC ripping off THREADLESS design!!!!!!

So I got an email from someone who found a RIP-OFF of my design Lil' Soap being sold at HOT TOPIC's website:

http://www.hottopic.com/hottopic/store/product.jsp?FOLDER%3C%3Efolder_id=2534374302028385&PRODUCT%3C%3Eprd_id=845524442172215&bmUID=1203491138193

"

It was designed by "Newbreed girl" who seem to have an under construction website.

I've sent them a cease and desist email, and one to Hot Topic as well.

NewBreed girl's president responded to say that is was unfortunate but probably the cause of hiring freelancers to do t-shirts for them, which was the same response Todd Goldman gave about his stolen designs, coincidentally he also pirated this design of mine for some paintings around the time of the Shmorky controversy.

(as seen here:http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2201/2279191355_b0a269568e.jpg?v=0)

I've still not heard back from Hot Topic about this, and the design has NOT been removed from their website.

If anyone wants to help get this talked about post this banner where ever you can think!

"

Personally it's really upsetting to me to have this design so blatantly stolen.
The pose of the soap, the pink colors used, the text on the tummy, even the fingers and feet are done in an extremely similar fashion.

A big company like Hot Topic cannot get away with stealing designs from smaller ones and the even smaller designer.

Watch this
hanzabean

motherfuckers.
also, natalie dee did something like that as well.

siezexthisday

its ok because hot topic is fucking retarted

Lhiiiz

so stupid! sorry about this. I hope you get it resolved!

stingerstyler
stingerstyler profile pic Alumni

I read about this on your blog, this totally sucks. Keep us posted on what happens, hope you nail the bastards!

FRICKINAWESOME
FRICKINAWESOME profile pic Alumni

Ugh...that couldn't be more blatantly ripped off from your design. "I love your butt"...god, that really defecates on the fantastic timing and good-natured goofiness of your original wording. Now it sounds like a creepy pervy uncle is talking to you.

squatterjohn

It doesn't even make any sense. Soap doesn't love your butt, but you do rub it on your butt. A word to potential threadless ripper-offers out there: A Threadless print CANNOT be improved on! They have been worked on by very talented designers and selected by a group of very critical people. If you make subtle changes to avoid obvious, direct plagiarism you will make it WORSE.

Tazocat

Email this to the Threadless powers that be-they have lawyers!

staffell
staffell profile pic Alumni

comic sans!

ladrones
ladrones profile pic Alumni

i thought i saw this somewhere in some other blog.
i think i saw craig or something saying that they had thier lawers going at it.

in the meantime, how about an erotic comic about you or thradless sexually abusing hot topic?

i think its a winner

fivekingdoms

looks like Newbreed Girl rubbed their integrity on their butt.

AwesomeGirl86

Ouch. Sorry that your design was stolen.

spacesick 2

lol @ random bump but I just got cookie loves milk today!

justgoogleit

This ripoff is so ugly. I hope something gets done about this soon.

Outlaw01

The penalty for stealing Threadless designs... is DEATH.

squintygirl

Death by... BUTT RUBS.

srhutch2

Be flattered :)

robotwaste

I hope Newbreed Girl gets sand in her vagina.

katieatthedisco93

How dare they. I'm definitely going to raise heck!

elf09

that is such a ripoff. i luv hottopic but that is low

elf09

u could totally sue

bottleHeD

Hmm, I'm late to the party. Did this get resolved?

isme

yours is so much funnier by 1000%

murraymullet
murraymullet profile pic Alumni

throw bleach in my eyes!!!

Poodles McGee

Burn down, burn the hot topic Burn down, burn the hot topic

hot topic

No account?
Join Us