Close
One second...

Van Gogh!

• by Forbz
  • posted Feb 18, 2008
  • 27 Comments

I had a dream about Van Gogh and his chopped off ear! Came up with this idea. (6 colors)

Watch this
Forbz

I had a dream about Van Gogh and his chopped off ear! Came up with this idea. (6 colors)

squeegebeckenheim

Just an f.y.i., he didn't cut off his entire ear. I like how you've redrawn the sunflowers.

GrossNoises

it'd be funny if you put a bottle of absinthe in there too, lolol. I like this! It's the art nerd in me...

Forbz

Yeah, it was just his earlobe he chopped off - but the design wouldn't work as well with a bit of ear!

Sunshine69

I love this! Very nice.

briancook
briancook profile pic Alumni

C'mon Lars, I will never believe what you say. Something tells me you have an ulterior motive......

retrospecticus

I love it! Clever and you did a good job redrawing the flowers, it brings out the art nerd in me also.

Forbz

Nice Sub, Lars.

ripvanfish

WANT. THIS. SO. BAD.

Threadless, I am BEGGING you to print this shirt.

I LOVE the yellow, too, great color choice.

jpeacockdesign

haha i love this, i would lose the blood on the top of the shirt, it looks more cartoony then the rest of it. and i think it just seems out of place in the design

Sunshine69

I agree with jpeacock's comment above, the blood at the top is unnecessary, but it doesn't bother me if you leave it. I think the design would be better without it, though.

FRICKINAWESOME
FRICKINAWESOME profile pic Alumni

The blood at the top ruins the slight subtlety of the horrifyingly chopped-off ear at the bottom. Without it, I really enjoy this as a sick homage to this master of art.

orwell

this is funny. when i was 6 i split my left ear open on the hinge of a china cabinet. after that people called me van gogh...anyhoo...i'd wear this minus the shoulder blood (like FA said)

BrokenArm91

dear lars,
your design was clever!

but I gave it a zero because of your spam

Forbz

I wish I'd left the blood splodge off now!

tunetag2

don't spam

Chris Carney

Don't worry you can always resubmit

AngelusNoir

very hip,the colours look excellent, would be a great shirt to wear out gallery-and museum-browsing:D

DaughterOfTwilight

I agree with removing the blood spot but otherwise nice design!

prinnyoverlord

Dig! I would [possibly] pay $17 for this shirt!

Forbz

Thanks for comments guys!

schmogirl

very clever, the blood stain isn't really necessary though, whole ear communicates better than a piece of one. poor vincent, if he'd just not put his brushes in his mouth, drank turp and absinthe and if someone had just bought a dang painting, i think he would've been okay.

ogier_midget

I like the blood, it makes you recognize the ear.

imaginary_wanderer

i actually like the blood on there. without the blood, it just looks like there is a random ear by the flowers. you can still identify it as van gogh, but it has more effect if it looks like the ear fell off the wearer's head.

def a $5!

kimmytree

I'd $5 this, if it wasnt for the ear and blood.

No account?
Join Us