Close
One second...

Announcing new sizes, new colors and new prices!

• by the ThreadStaff
  • posted Feb 18, 2008
  • 164 Comments

Hey there, buck-a-roos! We've got some exciting news! The wait is finally over, and we're now printing new designs EXCLUSIVELY on our own brand of tees! This news comes with the news of new sizes, new colors, and new prices! Let's jump right in!

NEW SIZES & COLORS!
We're now offering FOUR new sizes for all of the Threadless brand tees: XS in guys and girly tees, 2XL in girly tees, and 3XL in guys tees! Oh yeah! We'll also be rolling out new colors over the next few months, which are already available in the submission template for all the designers to jam on! Also, now that we're using our own tees, take a peek at our brand-spankin' new size chart page to see how this may or may not affect your size! www.threadless.com/sizechart

NEW PRICING STRUCTURE!
As of today, prices will be dependent on what's on the tee, starting at $15! As seen on each new product page, the printing and decoration techniques and processes are now detailed to help illustrate how price is determined. This means that Selects will not automatically be $25 and the regular tees will not automatically be $15 and $17. And now the ladies won't have to feel slighted either! Guys and girly tees are now equally priced!

All of the above tee changes apply ONLY to the new Threadless brand tees, which we are now using exclusively for new designs! As always, we'd love to hear your thoughts and concerns on all of these new changes.

Watch this
Page:
  1. 1
  2. 2
  3. 3
  4. 4
passname

hey thats awesome bout exclusive threadless shirts, but it would be cool if you guys could keep prices low :P i understand your a company that needs to make a profit but its just that after shipping and tax 15 makes it reasonable for us canadians to buy. hope u consider. but keep up the great shirts!

danrule
danrule profile pic Alumni

hey sweet, the ketchup/mustard select is cheaper now. This structure makes more sense, and now I will actually buy regular prints now that they're on the custom tees.

chelly

i'll be watching the blogs to see how the new sizes fit after washing

SoulfumeInc

i fully understand the new pricing. We do the same thing at the company I work for... But then no one ever wants specialty inks.

want glitter on your shirt? pay up bitch.

:)

chelly

btw the new sizing is a great step, thanks!

ir0cko
ir0cko profile pic Alumni

hooray! i'm so glad about new sizes

skaw
skaw profile pic Staff

also keep in mind that the quality fabric, etc of our new cut is far superior to FOTL and therefore it costs us a bit more than FOTL did - more along the lines of AA pricing. by still starting the pricing at $15 and working up from there based on print techniques and such we've reached a pretty solid compromise in keeping our pricing reasonable and improving the quality of our products.

Melikochan

The girly 2XL tees are STILL smaller than guy's medium! What the hell!

Mikko Terva
Mikko Terva profile pic Alumni

I'll happily pay a bit extra for the better fit.

whisper in water

I'll happily pay a bit extra for the better fit.

DITTO.

I'm really happy about all this :)

Torakamikaze
Torakamikaze profile pic Alumni

the new tees are so ridiculously better than FOTL... it's definitely worth it

adam antium
adam antium profile pic Alumni

it's ok to me :)

pyr4lis
pyr4lis profile pic Alumni

Thanks for the update. I love almost all of this weeks prints, and the pricing doesn't bother me (now I just need to find another freelance job so I can buy them hehe)

My only wierdness is on the sizes.. I wore AA Girly Mediums and ordered a Threadless Girls Medium and it was too small.. I ordered a Threadless Girls Large and that fit like my AA Mediums... so I dunno if I got a freak run or if the threadless sizes actually run a full size smaller than the AA's so I will always have to order a size up??

Manos
Manos profile pic Alumni

bog off FOTL!!!

squeegebeckenheim

Are the printed tags still printed inside the back of the neck? You guys had said something about putting them on the inside of the bottom hem eventually.

Fermata

Maybe if there are new colors you guys will actually start using good colors. :O

telaine

the tags we saw were at the back of the neck

Prexis

what are the new colours?

ilovedoodle
ilovedoodle profile pic Alumni
1 design submitted -

looking forward to threadless's brand tee

chelly

there are still a lot of ppl who would like to know more about where the new shirts are made.

are the hoodies the same brand?

chelly

minus the hoodies question, as i apparently can't read.

kennybanzai
kennybanzai profile pic Alumni

sounds good!

madruga

I really don't appreciate paying more for the shirts, but it's quite obvious that some printings are more pricey.
Let's see about the new fabric... I was quite disappointed with the quality when I first saw it

Just hope will be worth the extra bucks.

macmankev

How are those famous $10 sales going to work now?

TerryMakesStuff
TerryMakesStuff profile pic Alumni

Eh... price thing bothers me. $15 was just right, and I could always count on it being $15. I understand why that's gotta change and all, and it's a perfectly good reason. But it's still pretty disappointing.

Just don't turn into DBH.

FRICKINAWESOME
FRICKINAWESOME profile pic Alumni
1 design submitted -

It's ridiculous to expect Threadless ALWAYS having their shirts as 15 bucks. It just doesn't make economic sense anymore with being printed on softer, better quality shirts and all the possible inks that each shirt might employ. As long as the princes don't soar, I'm okay with it, and so far the prices haven't done much but trickled up a few dollars. But it's not like we can't see where the extra money is going, Things change, and as long as things change and there is a good reason for it, im cool with it. the ten dollar sale is gonna be a bit more complex tho.

As for the DBH thing, I just hope Threadless doesn't turn into ALL artsy tees and disses its clever ones. I like the artsy ones, I live for the clever ones.

sonmi
sonmi profile pic Alumni

yay!

igo2cairo
igo2cairo profile pic Alumni

Oh man, it's about time! Thank you so much, that's all I can say. The few extra dollars is well worth it in my opinion. To me the pricing strategy is fair and makes perfect sense. I'll be buying more designs I love, knowing they'll be printed on a quality tee, instead of FOTL tees which are approaching the consistency of burlap and have ruined many a good design. Don't listen to the people whining about the prices, this is a big step in the right direction.

wotto
wotto profile pic Alumni

I think the price increase is fair enough if it means the tees are better.

The designs already prices before this shouldnt have been changed tho.

either way good work threadless.

littlem

fabulous!!!!!!!

TerryMakesStuff
TerryMakesStuff profile pic Alumni

wotto on Feb 18 '08 at 1:26pm
I think the price increase is fair enough if it means the tees are better.

The designs already prices before this shouldnt have been changed tho.

Agreed.

lenabean

omg xs in guys will have me buying tees again...

amaliaslash

I'm appreciative of the new shirts SO MUCH. MY faesthetic tee could not have fit better, I usually have to resew something, whether it be the sides or the length, and so I look forward to all being this way. I'm paying a few more dollars per shirt, and that sucks a bit, but the shirts are so much better now, and that is cool.

fran6

that's ok to me. can't wait to buy a threadless brand tee..

disillusioned

Is the baseline price really $15 if the most basic designs will always have the "plastisol and chino additive" combination?

Or is there a non-plastisol solution that could result in a $15 shirt still?

If they feel like the Selects feel, then I'm happy either way... Just keeping it honest if we won't see a $15 anymore.

Lupencia
Lupencia profile pic Alumni

I think this makes a lot more sense, and the new tees are so much better, they actually have a waist now, for us girls.

Papaprime
Papaprime profile pic Alumni

3xl?!

You have just renewed my love for threadless by making a size I can wear

Ian Leino
Ian Leino profile pic Alumni

This is excellent in every way possible. Threadless has always had great designs from some amazing artists, and now they will ALL be printed on shirts that feel as good as they look. Huzzah!

pb4ugoha

The product pages dont say "plenty in stock" or "Few in stock" any more. I liked that

artdrops
artdrops profile pic Alumni

oh don't mind a few more dollars for a good quality shirt and now that you 3xl I think i will be buying more!

Answerthatandstayfashionable

I'm 14, I don't have a job, I don't have a lot of money.
I haven't tried the new shirts yet, though... maybe I'm just saying this because the old shirts fit me terribly, and I don't want to pay more for something that fits bad.

telaine

hip hip!!

and for those worried about the new shirts, just wait for the sale then to try them out first ... they really are much better than AA imo but I can understand the concerns too

Electrospecter

Is it weird that I actually liked FOTL?

I'm sure the new shirts are better, but I didn't think the old ones were terrible...

darkdog

hope small fits me lol

Page:
  1. 1
  2. 2
  3. 3
  4. 4
No account?
Join Us