Close
One second...

Mountface

Watch this
Page:
  1. 1
  2. 2
bambibelle

V cute. I would wear it and flaunt how cute it was.

_lydia

awesome! i like!

indigoglass

cute, but the feet look phallic.

wotto
wotto profile pic Alumni
1 design submitted -

GREEEEEAAAAT $5

Tonteau
Tonteau profile pic Alumni

Really nice. We need more like this.

Tonteau

I'd prefer it on something other than blue, but that's a personal thang.

Monkey III
Monkey III profile pic Alumni

yessss! I love it.

Ladychopsticks

In my opinion, the triangle would look better if it didn't have sharp angles and if the shirt was light blue instead.

jpeacockdesign

wtf? this is awesome! i think the triangle should have some of that texture and maybe something else besides pink? it's already kinda cutesy so with the pink it just pushes it towards a girls shirt

jpeacockdesign

oh and the feet don't look like penises i don't know what that guy is talking about $5

samrees

i agree ghost hunk,, this is the shit ginettte!
awesome site too :) and i like the lin k King trash is acE

hey if you have a mo, come an offer me some crits sos i cn pass the threadless gatekeeper... i keep gettin declined....:)

here
here
here!

MelissasCooch

Are you really one to criticize people's illustration abilities? You're not that talented dear but you fit in well with the geek humor here.

samrees

THE shit THE THE THE THE thhhhhhhhhhhhhe

kiLLyou

P

R

i

N

T

!
!
!
!
!
!

ginetteginette
ginetteginette profile pic Alumni

Dear MelissasCooch,
one does not need to be the best illustrator in the world to be able to criticise others. in fact, it's easier to see faults in other people's designs than in your own, which is why we all need people to critique our work.

to samrees and KiLLyou: thank you dearly

kiLLyou

ginetteginette, You are most welcome!!!

I would ROCK this for a week straight!!!!

Can't wait to see more designs from you!

LDmom

toronto based illustrator and
currently finishing 3rd year Illustration program at OCAD???

And you call THIS good photoshopping... at least I dont have a 3 year experience!

LDmom

When I saw your coment I wanted to check out what you had done ... I thought it was actualy someone who knew a bit about design and I could learn from... Nedless to say, I dont think you are in any position to be critique. My design may not be very good, its my first design ever, and yes my first photoshopping, and I know it. But I dont have a 3 year experience, like yourself! And defenatley am not a snob. Just that your designs could be made by my three year old son easily, and he doesnt have your experience.

So whatever.

Tonteau

Just that your designs could be made by my three year old son easily, and he doesnt have your experience.

In my experience that phrase is usually a sign a person doesn't know what they're talking about as regards illustration.

junk__

I'm sad this was dropped, I really like it. Love the feet!

ginetteginette

thank you Tonteau, it is one of the arguments i hate the most and i agree with you completely.

LDmom, you must not have been paying close enough attention to your child's art, or you are and you've got a genius on your hands. Just because i'm inspired by many cartoons and children book illustrators does not mean it is children's work.

child art: http://www.earthskyoptics.com/images/child%20art.jpg

adult trying to pretend he's a child art:
http://www.cluttercontrolfreak.com/wp/wp-content/uploads/2007/08/child_art.jpg

knusperfunk

Though your design completely failed to comply with my taste (with shouldn't matter), I agree it is in no way child-art, ginetteginette.

Just to mention it: I have already seen brilliant artwork based on Photoshop-filters. It's just not that easy to produce.

Whatever.

jzef
jzef profile pic Alumni

what's this score ?!? sometimes i don't understand the voters...
LDmom, are you stupid ?

quimiko

this is to "bubble gum pop" before you critize my design make sure yours are "bad ass" ... I would NOT wear this.

quimiko

im not bashing your designs im telling you what is.... just because my design is done with fonts and is simple dosnt mean its a bad design. Less is more. Ive sold many of these man you dont know what your talking about. "happy faces" come on and your calling me not creative.... ive see that its been done... theres so many artist that do that... look man if fun and creative to you means making happy faces and and trees then Have a Blast.,...

Joses

I haves to ad to this, because calling people plagiarists (because they have more talent than you) and saying that they are not creative is not giving people good criticism. Good criticism, at least way back when I was in art school, is used to suggest improvements, not just to pound people to the ground. It really does not help. Hope it feels good to you at least.

Polykoka

I do not understand to that your design talks about this very smoked no?

ginetteginette

i'm sorry polykoka, but i completely don't understand what you asked.

jpeacockdesign

wow ginette you have some haters!
LDmom: saying your child could create this artwork is like those retards who say their child could paint a pollock or picasso. yes this art is somewhat "child-like" but it all has design elements of REAL art. ginette has made her own expressive style here.

i still want this to be printed i love the style, the texture and it makes me wish i could capture the carefree look of a childrens book while still creating a work of art.

ginetteginette

i do indeed have lots of haters. i'm still surprised that such a popular design website as threadless would have so many people afraid of any negative criticism. oh well

thanks a lot for the comment and i'm glad you liked this one.

kiLLyou

P

R

i

N

T

!
!
!
!
!
!

jpoore

I'm guna go with all the "haters" on this one, for all the bad-mouthing that ginetteginette does to others designs (which in his mind he considers "criticisms") he sure doesn't know how to create any art that would merit him having good taste in what is and is not a good shirt design.

And from the comments above, I would have to say that most would agree

heidi89

I can't imagine wearing this on a shirt, it's just ugly

ginetteginette

first off, i'm a girl.

secondly, i'm here for critiques just like everyone else is so please give it to me.

thirdly, grow some thicker skin. you need critiques in the art and design world, or else you can't learn. it shouldn't hurt you, it's to make you a better artist/designer. all of you who can't take a negative comment are pretty childish. shit gets torn down in the design world all the time, and i'm certainly not here to baby people. i give good critiques, and i am positive i've helped some. believe it or not i have been thanked for my criticism on threadless. the only ones i EVER have a problem with are the jerks who can't take an honest critique and then decide to counter it by spamming my designs with their completely unhelpful comments.

so get off my shit unless you're going to give me some criticism on the design, don't criticize me on my criticism.

and take it like a man.

tsflynn

I think it's funny reading all these comments on this page, but i do have to say that even though this design is done with scoring that maybe the reason no one gives you criticism is because there is nothing you can really do to salvage this design, or any of your designs thus far.

Not sure if you've used the critiquing process on these, but if you haven't then that would be my suggestion.

MoMonica

haha Acid+computer=this drawing

i don't care what jpeacock says, this is defiantly on the same level as a middle school child's art haha

ginetteginette

momonica, frankly you know nothing about illustration.

and tsflynn that may be true but i'm sure that even if i had one in the running these same people would post the same comments on that as well.
either way, a design can use criticism whether it's over in the running or not, whatever we learn from one design we can apply to another...

i haven't used the critique section on here because the ones i submit i feel are already finished, though it's always nice to get extra criticism. design/art pieces are hardly ever perfect.

MoMonica

I like how you assume that anyone who says you design is garbage automatically has no insight illustrating haha

and for someone who talks about giving honest critique, by you saying you don't use the critique process because you think you're designs are already finished is just arrogant, because obviously none have gotten chosen

ginetteginette

there are a thousand great designs here that haven't been chosen but i wouldn't suggest to those designers that their stuff should be put into critiques. and no, i don't assume that if you dislike my designs you know nothing about illustration, i assume that if you think a first grader can draw like this then you know nothing about illustration nor about how children draw.

i said that i FEEL my designs are finished. that's not arrogance, that's just feeling confident and finished. whether or not other people think so is up to them, and i encourage criticism at which ever stage of refinement i'm at.

MoMonica

Yes there have been many good designs not chosen, many of which DID go through critiquing. And I do think that this design looks like it came out of the mind of a 1st grader, maybe it looks a bit more clean cut, but that's about it... I'd like to hear your justification on why you think otherwise.

And if , "design/art pieces are hardly ever perfect" why wouldn't you use the critiquing system...you contradict yourself by saying "I encourage criticism at which ever stage of refinement" but then don't put things up for critique.

ginetteginette

do you even bother reading my comments? because it seems like you don't.

- i feel my work is finished. when i submit them i'm satisfied with them and believe there is not much i can get out of the critique section. (i have collegues i show images to anyhow and so i do get a critique before submitting. just because it isn't public does not mean it doesn't happen.)
- no design is ever truly perfect because everyone has sligthly different opinions about composition and so on, so whether i put work through critiques or not, even once submitting i'm sure some folks' critiques would rival what others have said. that's the beauty of critique, you listen to people's different points of views and take what you want from it.

so please, since you have time to spend commenting on this over and over, why don't you give me a critique? do you have anything constructive to say or do you just like arguing?

MoMonica

I just like arguing with you haha and you still haven't told me why you think this design is a good design, and I would give you an honest/helpful critique on this, but like i said before, I don't believe there is anyway to improve or salvage this childish drawing. sorry

So here's my critique/advice since you so desperately want: 1st stop drawing these abstract designs about tree stumps and triangles with long pink arms...please! 2nd get some better "colleagues" to look at your art because they are lying to you 3rd use the critique process no matter if you "feel" your design is ready or not, because you will always be surprised on the things people will say that you didn't think of. 4. stop running around on this site like it's your job to give really harsh critiques and you're doing everyone a favor, because people hate you for it, especially since your designs aren't quite masters of design. 5th if you really feel you need to give critique then do it in the CRITIQUE section of this sight so people can actually work on the things you suggest instead of critiquing a design that's being scored because by then it's already to late to change stuff

So there is a lengthy critique to what I think you should do

ginetteginette

haha desperately want, okay,.
just because YOU dislike the characters i draw does not mean they don't have any merit. there are plenty of people who like what i draw, illustrators i admire like what i draw and i like what i draw. telling me to stop everything about my drawings is not a critique, that's just being hateful.

critics don't need to be masters at what they're critiquing if they have a good eye and the people whose egos i've hurt with critiques can defend themselves. i find it funny that i'm the only one who's picked on because i actually care to type up long critiques while i've seen quite a few others put down submissions out right and not get half the flack i do. it's a shame that as soon as you point out real problems designs have people feel the need to retaliate.

+ i am in the critique section of this "sight", but even if things are up as submissions people can still learn from critiques and apply it to future designs.

so thanks for the critique-disguised demands,
but you are just about the silliest person i've ever had an encounter with and there's no sense of continuing this.

feel free to keep spamming this design though, it's nice to get it at the top of the forum section.

MoMonica

Ha, are the people who like your drawings either A. blind, or B. small children? haha
I just can't take anyone who draws tree stumps and triangles with worm-like arms serious...i guess you epitomize your own saying of "critics don't need to be masters at what they're critiquing"
and maybe people don't appreciate your
bashing/critiquing/what ever you want to call it, their art because once it has been submitted because,(like I said before) it's not like they can change it. And people don't want to wait till their future designs to apply your "wisdom" they would have liked it before they submitted it.

and how is anything I've said silly? have you read what the majority of people think of you? Few people take you seriously anymore when you give critiques, but i guess you can't teach a dumb bitch new tricks right? haha

Page:
  1. 1
  2. 2
No account?
Join Us