Close
One second...

The Turtle's Wish

The turtle wished that it could fly

really high into the sky

over rooftops and then dive

deep into the sea!

I got the idea from a song called \"tree hugger\" and its in the movie JUNO. I think the song is by Kimya Dawson.

so all comments and opinions would be absolutely wonderfull! and if there are any shirt color ideas or things i could tweak please tell me!

and if you vote or whatever, please leave a comment on why you checked submit dont submit or needs work!

Thank you!

Watch this
Page:
  1. 1
  2. 2
GeorgeMcStrawberry

The turtle wished that it could fly
really high into the sky
over rooftops and then dive
deep into the sea!

I got the idea from a song called \"tree hugger\" and its in the movie JUNO. I think the song is by Kimya Dawson.

so all comments and opinions would be absolutely wonderfull! and if there are any shirt color ideas or things i could tweak please tell me!
and if you vote or whatever, please leave a comment on why you checked submit dont submit or needs work!
Thank you!

Ryder
Ryder profile pic Alumni

work more on the sharpness of it all...

jpeacockdesign

i think it would be hilarious if you gave the bird a really over exaggerated surprised look on the birds face. like WTF!?

funny idea, i like it

GeorgeMcStrawberry

yeah! thats what i was trying to do and it never worked out!
I'll work with its expression possibly sometime today! and thank you!

GeorgeMcStrawberry

k well ive worked on making it look clearer! and i have trued to make the bird look more surprized!
tell me what you think! any comments are appretiated!
please give any suggestions about shirt color and things about the design!
thank you!

oneitis

I like the idea, it's both funny and cute. The turtle is looking really good, I love the red glowing cheeks and its stretched out little legs. It's really excited to be flying :)
The bird is looking a lot better now than in the first version, too.

I have to say though, I don't dig the colors that much. Especially the yellow -- I don't know, it's just my personal taste, but it looks so dirty and doesn't go too well with the turquoise and red (and not at all with the purple of the shirt). I think I'd like it best on light blue (since we're talking sky here ;) ), and with slightly changed colors, more ... I don't know, harmonic ? But like I said, that's personal taste. The concept all in all is really good :)

GeorgeMcStrawberry

thank you very much! the yellow isbright when i color it in photoshop but when i change it to a gif file it turns to a weird dirty yellow. is there any way i could keep color from changing when i change the file?
I think the purple is sort op like a sunset because it wouldnt look good on a red or orange sunsetcolor.
thank you very much for this very informative comment!!

oneitis

Ah, that's cool then :)
Hm, I don't know, I don't even own photoshop :D but when I want to save something I did in Paint or Paintshop Pro, I usually save it as .png , otherwise (in .gif or .jpg), things become blurry. But this is really not a professional advice :D

GeorgeMcStrawberry

oh thank you I will definately see if hat works! and any advice is good advice to me! :D

GeorgeMcStrawberry

i changed the file to a png to see if it would make the yellow look less dirty! because the yellow is supposed to be a very nice yellow looking yellow and not so green dingy yellow! so hopefully this helped! if it didnt i will have to try i different color yellow!
all comments and shirt color suggestions and design suggestions are welcome!
please give me your opinions or advice! :)

GeorgeMcStrawberry

oops! i put the wrong description!
i tried to change it to a png but the file size was too big so i had to change the yellow color and so im happy with the results! its still a gif nstuff. The yellow isnt as rich as i wanted it to be but atleast its not greenish!
so tell me what ya think!

oneitis

Better :)

Maybe the red is a bit too bright though ... on the light blue shirt (the one I'd prefer), I feel like it dominates the design. Make it a bit more pink-ish? (Not pink, just a biiiit.) Or lighter. Or .. I don't know. I mean, it's really good already, this is just minor details :)

Also, for submission, I'd show a big version of the design, but not in front of the models, cause that's a bit of a distraction. You know, one huge pic of turtle and bird on whatever color you prefer, and then smaller pictures of the models at the side.

GeorgeMcStrawberry

ah thats exactly what i was thinking! i usually use pinkish red for things like rainbows but then i thought it would look better with the yellow to keep it red but i will see how that looks too!
thank you for this great advice!

GeorgeMcStrawberry

ok i tried to make the red not as bright so it wouldnt be the main point of attention!
i think it helped a little but im not too sure if i made enough of a change to the red.
but tell me what you think any way!
all comments are appreciated!

oneitis

I see the change. I was trying around with some colors as well:

http://i30.tinypic.com/2rxxxsn.png

http://i31.tinypic.com/2qlfrwg.png

but you know, I think version 3 looks fine already. a pink-isher red might fit better, but a real "red red" looks more child-like in a way, and since the shirt is so naive-cute-childlike ... ahh I don't know!
I really need to go to bed now though, I need to get up in less than 3 hours :/ good night!

GeorgeMcStrawberry

ok this time i added an extra shirt color! i felt like making the presentation of the whole thing looking more pleasing to the eye...i thought the other one didnt show off the design enough and there was too much stuff going on! and i worked on the design a bit more by making the lines a litle more apparent!
so any comments and advice good or bad would be appreatiated!
thank you!

oneitis

it's perfect :)

nuzzborbert

love the purple shirt!

Ryder
Ryder profile pic Alumni

cool. but i'd suggest sharpening it all up quite a bit. it's all a bit loosey goosey right now.

GeorgeMcStrawberry

what do you mean by sharpenng it up?
like making the lines look less hand drawn?

Ryder
Ryder profile pic Alumni

yeah, exactly. but only if you want to, it's your design.

GeorgeMcStrawberry

i'll try to make the lines a little less messy! there are parts that i see that look like my hand was very unsteady and take away from the drawing and color! so i will fix as much of it as i can!
and thank you!

rAmpantDesigns

I simply don't like the idea.

Also while the clouds and rainbow are all nice and tight the bird and the turtle (lines) look blurry. You shaded shodows on the cloud and not the characters as well.

GeorgeMcStrawberry

i wanted to give the bird and turtle lines so they would stand out more. i gave the clouds shadow because i thought they looked flat just white.
i didnt think the bird or turtle needed lines because they were allready outlined.
i will make the lines look better but i cant really do any shadowing because then i would have more than eight colors!
thank you for your input!

GeorgeMcStrawberry

There isnt much noticable change i just tried to clean up the drawing a little bit more!
comments and opinions are greatly appreaciated! thank you!

Chris Carney

Couldn't you have the rainbow just trailing behind .Like a jet sometimes trails smoke

GeorgeMcStrawberry

I could but i wanted to make the turtle look like it was going up and not just straight!

oneitis

I still like it :)

GeorgeMcStrawberry

anybody else have anything to say?
it would be wonderful if anyone could comment about it!
whether you think it is good or bad! :)

Dungeon17

haha, its soo cute=)

GeorgeMcStrawberry

ok!
this is probably going to be the last version i do until i submit this!
unless there are any more suggestions!
i cleaned up a few more little things and i displayed what i would also look like on the back!
so opinions and suggestions would be awsome!
thank you!

GeorgeMcStrawberry

thank you !
thats kind of what it is supposed to look like!

GeorgeMcStrawberry

if anybody clicks submit, needs work, or dont submit, it would really help if i had some input as to why.
i mean not to waste anyones time.
but it'd be nice to know and it would be helpful!
thank you :)

GeorgeMcStrawberry

well this is the last time im going to see if anyone has anything to comment about this.
i feel theres not much more i can do with it.
i'll still probably do a little more before i submit it though!

Page:
  1. 1
  2. 2
No account?