Close
One second...

Maiden Voyage of the HMS Exploratorium

For King and Country we sail the stars

For cookies, milk and candy bars

For breaks in the galley with warm cups of soup

For it's cold in space and up on the poop

...as in "poop deck". Ha!

8 colours on blue jean. I hope you all like!

Watch this
turtle-lover

For King and Country we sail the stars
For cookies, milk and candy bars
For breaks in the galley with warm cups of soup
For it's cold in space and up on the poop

...as in "poop deck". Ha!

8 colours on blue jean. I hope you all like!

Rubb3rDucky

I love all your newer designs, I really hope that at least one of them gets printed.

Keep putting them out and I'll keep giving ya a $5!

bortwein
bortwein profile pic Alumni

I think I liked the sketch better. Cool concept.

Rubb3rDucky

If your tshirt printing fails, you should just put together a childrens book of all your drawings with the attached poems, I would definately buy that too...

hey_barn
hey_barn profile pic Alumni

I agree with bortwein.

Sunshine69

I like this a lot, but I think the helmets should be a different color from the background. It looks like you didn't finish coloring it.

boboleta yavanna

you have some great work there! but i must agree with some opinions here...i do love your sketches so much more, to me they are full of life! keep it up!

boboleta yavanna

you have some great work there! but i must agree with some opinions here...i do love your sketches so much more, to me they are full of life! keep it up!

voorheis

The sketch is awesome!

Bisparulz
Bisparulz profile pic Alumni

Yeh, 5$ for the sketch.

nursethalia

Cute! I love the sketch even better!

cityauctor

dammit! stop showing us your amazing sketches! they always win me over. $5

Alpha Ryan

My only complain is the people and dog are transparent

ConRRRR

the sketch is great. It reminds me of a little kid day dreamin in class

Sunshine69

what if you overlayed the sketch on the colors? I think the reason that people like the sketches better is that the colored versions seem so flat by comparison. There's so much more texture and shading going on in the sketch.

jpeacockdesign

all their faces definitely need to be colored in. other than that i love it! and i like the vector drawing better than the sketch $5

lemonalle

fantastic

karentompkins79

I LOVE THIS. Please color in the faces, though, and it'll be $5!!

igo2cairo
igo2cairo profile pic Alumni

I have to say it. Your sketches rule! And yes, I totally agree with Rub3rDucky, that would be an awesome children's book.

broncsbomber

$5 for the sketch, but nice job on the color version as well

Unavoidably Ironic

to be honest I think I'd prefer it if it was coloured when on the t-shirt. $4

Thickblueink

Every single design of yours excites me with kiddish delight. Keep it up.

alpha-fly

Sketches are cool, but not for shirts, imo. If guys like glennz showed his sketches before the final, I wonder what folks would say. Cool illustration, btw :)

balthazaar

Great idea. You should try selling it to the Royal Astronomical Society, since they've successfully banned British manned spaceflight for the past 65 years!

sharkfrenzy

very cute design, can i say? i like it. 5

Leeda

Excellent work!

reezer67

I would buy it! In fact I would buy more for my nephews! I agree with the others, take a chance, make a childs book~ your art is very refreshing~$5

turtle-lover

Thanks all :) The children's book publishing industry is very cut throat and difficult to get into. Publishers do not accept unsolicited material (ends up at the bottom of the slush pile, kind of like around here) and neither to literary agents (so how do you get one?). It's a catch 22 and it seems like you need to know someone in the business to get a hook up. I am working on a book now (finished it for the most part, but I think I want to redo the art) and will probably just try and initially publish it myself. We'll see. I have received a lot of good feedback on it, though.

Thanks again for the comments :)

scrambled eggs

i think someone said this already, but i too, like the sketch design better. there's a special quality about overlapped pencil marks that you can't see when everything is in a full solid color. but i really like the sketch!

reub

I would never wear it because of the flag... I'm not British though, is this design meant just for British people or are you trying to spread the good word?

alpha-fly

"I would never wear it because of the flag..."

That's just being stupid. I see people wearing the UK flag everywhere. Half the stuff at Hot Topic has the UK flag on it.

N2O

Great design. It would be interesting to see what would happen if you next sub was a sketch version.

turtle-lover

Hmm, expected a higher score. Oh well, thanks for the votes!

No account?