Desperate

• by Paths
  • posted Dec 25, 2007
  • 29 Comments

Watch this
.MINUS.

This is really sweet. The only thing I could say is perphaps you could have the colors coming off of the crayons and blending into the different parts of the dude. Maybe with a transparent water based ink so it goes overtop the design and adds to the drowning effect. Great first sub. 4

yesohrobot

It's a cool design, but I don't like the colours on the guys arms. looks like he just stepped out of a sauna into a freezer.

Hi my name is

NICE ILLO! what a bad sun burn he has

theangeli

Nice rendering. For some reason, I can't get "Take on me" out of my head...

SoulfumeInc

awesome. I really like this. I agree with having a different color for the skin-tone, but the illo is fantastic

clintval

well, hey maybe a peach coloured crayon was unavailable at the time of conception for this ultimately doomed man, therefore the only viable alternative was pinkish red sunburn look. i like it

ginetteginette
ginetteginette profile pic Alumni

interesting style and colouring approach but for the lack of a better word i find this a bit harsh looking on a shirt.
might be the dark t-shirt colour though...

pickledbib

nice!... careful posting on 2 sites at once though.

jean_warhol
jean_warhol profile pic Alumni

didnt this recently go up at dbh?

orangekazoo

am i the only one that doesn't get it? D:

lwboh3lp

i love this t for some add reason
i'd buy it!

shiroyi

I'd buy this definitely. Just change the colour of the boy's skin please. he looks burnt.

EternalStudent

I agree with the first person... connect the colors from the crayons to the guy. But I really like the texture of the design... 4

cienega

Looks awesome!

star_sea

colooooooooooooooooors......

morozco420

I have a feeling that 80% of the people who commented here don't get this shirt...

I LOVE the concept, pretty true to life, but would be more believable if you didn't have that tan/brown crayon, because w/ that it can't be called desperate...I would've used the brown for the skin...

Do NOT change the pink skin...obviously that's the point of "desperate."

Or am I wrong...someone confirm...

JefftheStud

if youre the only one that "gets it" please explain to the rest of us.

MaelDuin

Id love it even more if you'd drop the falling guy. I mean those crayons are insane!

Hero Status

this is an incredible rendering, i jus don't know how viable it is as a t shirt.

you need something to connect the crayons and the guy falling.

m

No account?
Join Us