Close
One second...

Echo Around Town

• by Rybo
  • posted Dec 16, 2007
  • 28 Comments

The theme of this design is portray what i saw when i stopped in the middle of a crowded place i saw showoffs i saw a technolgy driven world and then one little old women with a shopping trolley. the crest shows a trophy like personner which was ouzing from alot of the people who walked past me.

Watch this
Rybo

The theme of this design is portray what i saw when i stopped in the middle of a crowded place i saw showoffs i saw a technolgy driven world and then one little old women with a shopping trolley. the crest shows a trophy like personner which was ouzing from alot of the people who walked past me.

xxalifishxx

Sorry I don't like it. but it was a good concept.

Maxist

Being a Jew, even the smallest swastika will get a zero.
Take that off the shirt and i'll reconsider.

Baja318

yeah, why the swastika?

Jordywilliams

doesnt work really. just looks like a montage of things. and whatever you meant by the swastika, it will not go over well with anyone.

jublin
jublin profile pic Alumni

if the objects were arranged in less of a box shape i would totally wear it. good work!

Rybo

its abstract view at the world we live in everything isent always liked we see PEACE we see EVIL

Posn

No it's boring, and I find it to much of a mess. Another thing is that without the explanation, it is next to impossible to get the idea/concept.
So like I said: No! I wouldn't buy it and I'd never wear it... :-)

Rybo

You are welcome to your opionion but constructive critaism wouldnt have gone a miss

jarmar18

the only thing i don't like about it is that you have to explain what it means... graphic design should be telling the viewer the meaning with no explanation from the artist, because the artist is not going to be able to explain the design for anyone who doesn't understand or get the concept. it has to speak for itself.

cloud_is_to_character

i dont completely agree with the above ^ but to some degree it's true. Art should stand for itself. People will take their own meaning from it.. therefore a swastika's a dangerous thing to put on there.

Besides, it's for a T-shirt.. which one generally doesn't have the time to explain to a stranger. Anyway, no big deal. No you know for next time. Live n learn.

On the other hand... ireally like your other sub. :D

Rybo

am i allowed to resubmit this after sum minnor tweaks

without swasticar & NOT in a block

reivel

i like it in a 'box' .... it's like chaos (those many small things) are in a box... and not spilling... except for the plug.. which is the power outlet.... over all.. ill wear it...

AdyLady

It's a shame that the true meaning of the swastika was lost all those years ago. BUT. That's an aside.

I don't really like the crowdedness on the front. Would take ages to really take it in, and for me, it doesn't say anything. Keep it as art, and not a t-shirt design.

Stella Was A Driver

it's so complicated.
idk.
and the orange is so bright.
bleh.

Rybo

its worse than my hands one and my hands one fell off at 1.48% :S

fribblemctits

Kind of a heady concept for a t-shirt.

Johnny the homicidal maniac

If you as an artist believe that the swastika is their for an important purpose than I respect you for that and think that it should stay precisely where it is despite the negativity. However it is a powerful symbol and people will often respond to it in a bad way. I agree with AdyLady, it is a wonderful pieace of art but, on a shirt it just isn't right

With Love, Johnny

Rybo

it was a piece of work..that i had done and as my first submission i dont think its bad and has had people talking about it

Drunkonkarma

Actually, the swastika was once know as a religious symbol and a sign of good luck. swastikas were actually drawn on people who had good well being. A symbol that started very very positive has become, since hitlers third reich, a very controversial motif, especially in the Western world.

Make the design a little bigger... cover the shirt. It's so close to being covered anyway, right?

and it would be cool if the plug was coming from someplace on the front and wrapping around to the back. from what it looks like to me, the cord just APPEARS there. =]

Overall, I like the design.

Drunkonkarma

... and are those quotation marks?

Rybo

yes they are :]

shirtflirt

if people were truly enlightened, no matter what religious demonination or creed or color or culture, you'd realize the collective consciousness this design is aiming to explain. i agree with jublins comment about the boxish nature. swastika's, BEFORE hitler were signs of peace. DOVES were signs of anarchy and destruction once before as well. it's all perception.

Rybo

i believe things like this can be interpretated in whatever way the viewer see's. ITS LIKE MARMIT love it or hate it..

P.s people cant be voting too badly because its still been rated my other design dropped off the chart so...

bunnygirl6983

eliminate the swastika, stretch it from the block and i'd buy it.

No account?
Join Us