Close
One second...

These Colors Run

• by cbradley
  • posted Dec 13, 2007
  • 88 Comments

2 Color traditional screen printed tee. I'm hoping to let the concept speak for itself. Thanks. -C

Watch this
Page:
  1. 1
  2. 2
cbradley

2 Color traditional screen printed tee. I'm hoping to let the concept speak for itself. Thanks. -C

Numismatist

shouldn't the middle of the trigger have a stripe running through it as well? I'm not really getting the concept that you speak of either.

fluzzy

stupid

olie!
olie! profile pic Alumni

Yeah I'm not digging the concept, but I can totally why you didn't put a stripe in the trigger, it would be close to impossible to read it as that if you did, it's much clearer this way in terms of form. . .

citrus.joe

It sucks, but true!! $5!

band-it
band-it profile pic Alumni

political's not for me. also, maybe try the runny paint a bit runnier?

Lord_Calvin

why is Maine a guitar head?

cbradley

It's the hammer, interesting how that happens, though.

Ellsswhere
Ellsswhere profile pic Alumni

i am disgusted when people see something like this and they say "politics is not for me"

this isn't politics anymore people, this is 1.4 million dead by our governments army, this is morality not politics

Thistlethumper

a REALLY cool design... BUT THE FLAG IS BACKWARDS!

Thistlethumper

this is a REALLY cool design.. BUT THE FLAG IS BACKWARDS!!!

(i'll give it a $5 anyways.. because no one else has noticed yet)

karlaaa

i'm not american.

karlaaa

thankfully, lol.

podium_06

a shirt with a message! well done 5$

opendestiny

I like the idea, but I think the running paint needs to be a little bit more noticeable.

montez84

cool concept, yes more runny paint

maddingo

stupid god damned hippies

Styrofoamstar

Have you even seen a map before? Kidding kidding

Maxist

The flag is backwards and new england looks messed up because you transformed it into the hammer.

I support your concept 100% but I think it was poorly executed.

prcss6669

i'm pretty sure the flag is meant to be backwards.

snapcrash

I didn't even notice the trigger until it was mentioned in the comments. Interesting concept, poorly executed.

snapcrash

I didn't notice the trigger until someone mentioned it in a comment. Interesting concept, poorly executed.

The Resident Cynic

Just because its not immediately obvious doesn't mean its poorly executed. I like that the paint drips and trigger are sutble enough to misss on first glance.

Mesenchyme

dude americnz r so stoopid n mean they all violnt and make all teh worlds prblmz wurs. i h8 bush hez retard. kills 4 oil, o and there all fat 2. glad im not american cuz they suxxxxxx lol!!

EarthaSkye

It might be easier to grasp the concept if you just had a gun with the flag instead of turning the map into a gun. Why not have a gun and have the stars and stripes fill the gun. Right now I don't think people will recognize that it is a gun. Especially if it is on a tshirt.

jellyfacedwoman

lordcalvin, i thought maine was part of a guitar too

mjachner

I dissagree with EarthaSkye...its much more interesting to not have the idea too much in your face, but still be there if you look closely, thats what makes it original and creative...furthermore..people make much more zvisual linksĀ» that we give them credit for..also, some people say they dont get it,I guess its probably because I'm not American, but immediately upon seing the thumbnail, I though of the way the American Military-Industrial complex is taking the world hostage...because they sure can't dominate with the dwidling economy...

mjachner

one thing that could be done is to simplify the image...because now, by having the american flag cover the ouytline of the Us, you are saying twice that its America...you could only have the shape of the country with some gun details, in one color (it would also be more aesthetic...cause blue and red don't mix that well with the tshirt color) and it would be enough...

cranradical

Hey! where's my state?! (I live in MI)

Schpadoinkle

I initially interpreted it as a anti-gun control message...which would be better

tracerbullet
tracerbullet profile pic Alumni

wouldn't it make more sense to put it on a white shirt?

every3rdthought

Fantastic concept, the execution definitely needs something.

fluzzy

Ellsswhere - Get an education. Thanks.

stickymike
stickymike profile pic Alumni

fluzzy - ellsswhere is dead on the money, stop being ignorant!

Wikidme

US - the war n gun loving land. Lets give a free gun with the shirt! lol

nice shirt! $5

fuddyduddy

If you like Chomsky you'll probably like this shirt.

Numismatist

Ellsswhere - are you trying to say that our soldiers are murderers? They're being killed in bunches everyday by suicide bombers, IED's, etc.

beedrill

I agree with ellswhere. you have to be involved in politics, besides the war is pointless; terrorism was a very small part of it. There our tons of countries with terrorist, bush choose Iraq because he wanted oil. Tons of people are dying for oil!

I would advise a black background, it would fit well with the message.

weaselmouse2

Yes please, a black background. Keep the flag backwards--afterall, US policies, politices, and procedures are backwards and warped. In that case, keep the map warped too.

I AM CANADIAN.

beedrill

thank you weaselmouse2

coldstilllife

Good idea, just not for Threadless.

Rybo

Politcal Messege Obviously Which i am not very keen on but i know a few people that might be lol

wongsternam

USA USA USA. fuck you man. move to Canada if ur not happy here. 0

heyjohnnyfive
  1. Why did you manipulate the shape of Maine, Michigan, Florida, and Louisiana but leave Texas rigid like a Rand McNally roadmap?

2. Why is the flag backwards? Backwards means nothing, upside down is at least a distress signal.

3. The American flag has 7 red stripes and 6 white. Is there a reason that's incorrect?

I'd just like to know what you were thinking.
swindog

heyjohnnyfive:
1. you're stupid
2.you're an idiot
3.you're a dumbass

balding superhero

I really like it, but the backwards flag/wrong number of stripes bothers me just a little bit. I still like the concept, though.

sodinedia

I like it, black tee would be better. Politcal designs will always offend someone, but that's the point.

Page:
  1. 1
  2. 2
No account?
Join Us