One second...

Preview the Threadless custom tee! On sale NOW!

• by the ThreadStaff
  • posted Dec 03, 2007

It's been a long time coming, Threadless friends, and now we are ready to begin the unveling of...

Custom Threadless Brand Tees!!!

Over the past 7 years, we have taken to heart your comments, compliments, and complaints to help create our very own custom Threadless brand tee. We're very proud of it! And we're very proud of you for helping us design it. All of the new tees are Threadless custom cut 100% ring spun combed cotton. Please refer to the new custom tee dimensions on our sizechart to see some of the changes!

Home Is Where The Heart Is, released today, is the first Threadless brand tee to be sold on our site. Over the next few weeks, we'll be introducing more and more designs on this new and exciting tee and eventually we'll be using them exclusively! So give it a whirl and let us know what you think!

Your friends at

Watch this
  1. 1
  2. 2
skaw profile pic Staff

Yes, cut loose was on the custom tee as well. We will be rolling out XS guys and girls, 2X girls and 3X guys...

JAKE====how many more of the No Pattern (remix) do you have at the store... i might ask my bro for a favor to pick one up for me

I hope they have size smedium

Tonteau profile pic Alumni

They feel good.

funkie fresh
funkie fresh profile pic Alumni

zomg at xs girls! yay for threadless tees

Yay for girly 2xl! Way to include the fat chicks. We like threadless too. :)

woo - so exciting!

I used to get guys medium, but then got a girly XL to see how it fit and I liked it. Now I'll have to figure out what size to get in the new shirts :(

yeohgh profile pic Alumni

WOWWWW...finally,,and SUPER AWESOME!!!

staffell profile pic Alumni

"All of the new tees are printed on Threadless custom cut 100% ring spun combed cotton."

seems to conflict with:

"Over the next few weeks, we'll be introducing more and more designs on this new and exciting tee "

So does that mean that not all of the new tees are printed on this shirt?

I'm confused!!

i was confused too, staffell...

also, hoodies? i love aa hoodies.....

FRICKINAWESOME profile pic Alumni
2 designs submitted - Score now!

Probably all shirts from now on that haven't been already printed but not released yet will now be printed on this style of shirt. This honestly is the difference in me buying or not buying a non-polo version of home is where the heart is.

Hmm, now I won't know what size to order. I love the fit of the AA Girly M's (I like them baggier) but I definitely don't normally wear anything near a medium. I wear a size 2 in sized shirts, but I don't want my t-shirts too tight so I'm not sure if I want to go with a small or a medium in the new shirts.

i just love the aa-girly-shirts.

the sizes shouldn't be a problem.. but i hope, the fabric is good.

we'll see.
for me there's no need for a change

I agree, PrincessBea. I love my AA shirts. :(

I'm open to change, though, as long as it works out. But it means I'm going to have to start over essentially from scratch on my Girly sizes blog (and buy shirts in a range of sizes again, which my bank account won't like one bit).

ir0cko profile pic Alumni

i'm so happy there will be xs guys :D

yessss! thanks threadless!

what about 12 club tho?

I can't wait to try out some of the new shirts.

yayy :) can't wait to start buying Threadless custom tees

pyr4lis profile pic Alumni

Well I'm totally depressed that Threadless didn't make their new tees any longer... the Girly Medium AA is 26" long and their new Girly Medium cut is the same exact length!! :(

Gah!! They're like completely cutting out the average height ladies of 5'6" +. I'm really sad now because I had held out hope that they would rectify the situation that the American Apparel tees are cut for short adolecents and that Threadless would make their new tees to actually fit women with curves and of an Average (not petite) height.

The new sizing isn't that different from the existing sizing for AA, on the girls side.

The Girly Small is made longer, but not the Girly medium, which is puzzling. Why make the Girly Small longer...considering the Girly Medium is more likely to be worn by taller ladies, and in need of lengthening more than a Girly Small size. For the petite girls out there, at least there will be a Girly XS in the works, for those who find the AA shirts long in length as it is.

On the positive side this is definitely a move in the right direction for Threadless to have their shirts.

Are the made in the USA like AA?

holy crap let our veins do the talking!

so awesome threadless!
are all newly printed shirts from now on on threadless custom?

MrDomino profile pic Alumni

There wouldn't happen to be any of those NoPattern tees left would there?

collar is too thin on the girls tees in my opinion...
the shirt cut looks really rounded too (i.e. sleeves)
I don't know if I like the change.

Yeah, I agree, Sive. I've actually been dreading the change-over because I love the AA Girly shirts. I'm open to giving them a chance, but I don't think I'm going to be happy with the change. :(

The have a NoPattern shirt in girly M, and it's smaller than an AA girl M I just ordered. It actually seems closer to the AA small.

pyr4lis profile pic Alumni

Yeah I had one of those store only tee's in the new cut and the Girls medium I have is really really small.. it's like nearly a full size smaller than all the other mediums I have. :(

ok, I just compared the sizes. The Threadless girls M is pretty much the same size as the AA girls small. The most noticeable difference is the sleeves are a little longer on the Threadless shirt.

I hope they are tagless... I hate tags.

Okay, so I guess I stay with Medium then. Or go up to a Large. That's so bizarre because there's no way in hell that I wear a large in anything. Yay for weird sizing!

is 12 month going to switch to the new tees? i hope they do because I'd rather get a men's small than a girly shirt!

jwalsh profile pic Alumni

oooh im glad they are out cant wait!

So the Selects were on Threadless tees again this week. Will this be a permanent thing? Selects first and then rolling out onto the other prints later.

I may be stupid (Or I May Not), but how do i spot one of these nice t-shirts in the cataloge (internet)?

EZFL profile pic Alumni
4 designs submitted - Score now!

below the product photo theres a space where it says what the design is printed on.

Soooo....I understand the girly shirts are even smaller now than the AA girly shirts? That's great news for all the Mary-Kate and Ashleys of the world. Please, keep shrinking the sizes, I need more incentive to keep starving myself. Not eating is the coolest! Ribs and bones are the height of fashion. Who wants to look healthy when you can look like you just got out of a death camp?

Well, I took the plunge and bought ABCs on the new custom tee in my usual size (Girly M). We'll see how it goes and I'll update my size comparison blog once it's here and I can try it out.

I really love the design and with my STPs and a coupon code, it cost me $0.21 with shipping, so I don't have much to lose if I don't like it.

So, if the girls shirts were more expensive than the guys shirts because they were printed on AA before, why on the new tees aren't the men's and women's shirts the same price?

I've been wondering the same thing.

My custom Girly M is here! At first glance, it looks pretty much the same, size-wise as the AA Girly M. But I'll do a comparison picture tomorrow and post it in my blog. :)

I'm not crazy about the collar width (too narrow), which I expected. Other than that, it looks pretty good. Not really loving the tag, either, but I can cut it out if it starts bugging me.

I'm not passing a final judgment until I try it on and see how it fits/feels.

happy tofu

"we have took to heart?"
Taken. You have taken to heart.

I applaud the custom tees! I just got my first one, and it's hands down the best shirt I've ever felt!It fits perfectly, love the extra length, and I love the fixing of the sleeves!

1. 1
  2. 2
No account?
Join Us