Close
One second...

being human

• by dnystwn
  • posted Nov 26, 2007
  • 25 Comments

A reminder to pause life and see the beauty in ordinary everyday things.

To accomplish that, I created a digital collage of various images that represents various aspects of a person's day (work, city life, sex, health, communication, family, pet, toilet, music, etc.). with some text that I wrote on this subject matter

Watch this
dnystwn

A reminder to pause life and see the beauty in ordinary everyday things.

To accomplish that, I created a digital collage of various images that represents various aspects of a person's day (work, city life, sex, health, communication, family, pet, toilet, music, etc.). with some text that I wrote on this subject matter

xerosoft

I wouldn't like to depreciate the personal value you invest in your poem, however, I would like to state that the transition between the third and fourth line of speaking of "you", then of "us" feels slightly unwieldly when read.

dnystwn

good point and I appreciate the the time you spent on actually reading the poem itself.

thank you!

If this t-shirt goes to print, I'll change that to be more consistent.

yiofu

it's great Danny! I voted for you^^

yoheit

Nice!

eemn825

how about a more detailed picture of the design? it is hard to see what is going on with this.

Costumedzyner

I really love this design. Though I would re-think the color. Red is a tough color for many people to wear.

SoulfumeInc

all good advice, but no thanking god! that excludes a lot of people

dnystwn

thanks for the feedback, but I won't remove the thanking God part.

This might not be the most inclusive or even politically correct design, but it's what I believe in. I value honesty in my design.

mina_ophelia_kat

I think red is a good color for this, esp. with the black.
The more I look at it, the more I like it! $4

dnystwn

yeah I tried more subtle colors, but they didn't feel as powerful as this bright red.

jdjustine

I love your work, Danny!

orwell

your design looks great and it's message is uplifting! i like it a lot!

psuedopotamus

I really like it, but I have to agree with SoulfumeInc, being agostic and whatnot. I understand you want to express your opinion and you have every right to, and I am all for freedom of expression. I just think without those two words maybe more people would want to buy it. Anyway I like the concept and I'm an advocate of life-apreceation so I'll give it a 4.

BlacXiii

it's beautiful! the colors perfect. It's a collection of some of the most vital things to human survial.

AdyLady

I like it a lot, and it's a beautiful poem, but I wouldn't buy it simply because of the God reference.

That's not an attack on anyone, and I respect your belief Danny, but not sure it will go down well with people of any other faith (including athiesm).

Wennie

wow :]

hollyhawks

i never wear red, but i would in this shirt.

TheMorningstar

How's about you put up the poem in your artist comments or something? Not all of us have the patience of the eyesight/monitor resolution to read your text.

dnystwn

I designed the poem text as a visual element that's part of the design, which is why I didn't make it as prominent as the collage of objects.

the only text that is really important to be legible in this design is "being human"

FreezingintheSno

honestly i have 10,000 red shirts, but i LOVE the design.

No account?
Join Us