Close
One second...

Dopeness - Now for sale at S6

• by Robsoul
  • posted Nov 19, 2007
  • 51 Comments

Finally did something with my S6 account and uploaded "Now That's Dope" for prints, laptop skin, pillow, etc.... Lemme know if y'all have any suggestions in regard to the colors I chose. I can easily update the file if you want to purchase it in a specific color.

http://society6.com/robertgould/Now-Thats-Dope_Print

Cheers.

Original post with controversy from 2007 , ooooooooo, ha.

I'm glad this little illustration got printed and that many of you out there appreciated it's worth. I submitted three subs for the 33 1/3 contest, this being the last one and really just an afterthought.

Check out my little artist interview and some of my regular work here.

Thanks again, everyone.

Watch this
Page:
  1. 1
  2. 2
valorandvellum
valorandvellum profile pic Alumni

Well now you have to write something about it otherwise "test" will be stuck on your product page :-P

pilihp
pilihp profile pic Alumni

rob, you're my hero!!!

tofurky

*Dink.. added to my cart.

Robsoul
Robsoul profile pic Alumni

I'm sorry, Phil. You must have low expectations in heros, what about super heros?

Hope to see a product pic tofurky.

Monkey III
Monkey III profile pic Alumni

Your other wins are not on the interview page either.

fushyou

Hmmm... I like. I think I'll get me one.

Robsoul

You're right Monkey III, a conspiracy is a foot... SHIMALA! shave us Shimala!

mramigofosho

i love this shirt
im just glad i bought it before it sold out

mca21stcen

Does mean we'll be getting a select from you? :o I hope so. I am definitely in love with your designs, though they always sell out too fast in my size. :(

tofurky

sorry rob.. No product pic unless I get girly size. It sold out so quick.

Robsoul

What size do you usually wear tofurky?

Stevethegreat

this reminds me of a comcast commercial where two old school russian guys are talking about how the can watch fifty cent and others on digital cable or something.

nice work

Robsoul

Haven't seen that one, will have to youtube it.

zoet-the-poet

I want this shirt more than anything.

stuartmcinnes

you should pull this down...

nothing worse than blatant plagiarism. You just make a fool out of yourself and all these people who appear to like your work. I do not think half of them would think this is great knowing that you ripped it off.

http://www.subversivecrossstitch.com/blog/grannies.jpg

Robsoul

Oh man, I've been exposed, what shall I do?

Give me a break, man, that's all my work, it's 100% original, at least the drawing is. Hell, Banksy just used an old picture and put "punk" "punks not dead" in the stitching. If you really cared, contact Banksy and tell him to get over here to raise a ruckus if he feels like he's been ripped off.

If you want to fight the good fight, stuartmcinnes, go onto eBay and start reporting all those people using Banksy's work on t-shirts, tote bags and muffin kits.

Robsoul

Let me stress though, I've been accused of ripping Married to the Sea (even though all their work is just juxtaposed clipart) and now Banksy and I will forever maintain that I was not influenced by either of the two. The end.

daysofsearch

This shirt looks fucking awesome, I'm so sad it sold out so quick :[

jonraphaelson

Dude, please tell me I can buy a print of this. I don't really do tshirts, but I would love to have this framed.

stuartmcinnes

It is not 100% original then is it? Banksy needs no 'credit' because he produces original angles to his work. Don't get me wrong it is a nice drawing but what annoys me is people like you producing rip off work and taking all the credit.

So by you own words you have ripped off other images also.
In short man...you suck!

Get your own ideas...the end

roadkill3d
roadkill3d profile pic Alumni

^ridiculous!

Robsoul

hahaha, hey thanks stuartmcinnes, I'll have to work on that. BTW your logic in your last post is completely moronic, do you happen to be related to George W. Bush? It's also hilarious that you think Banksy is 100% original, I guess he just gets all of his ideas from space aliens.

Robsoul

Hey, jonraphaelson, I'm trying to get a store front going over the next few weeks and may have some prints for you. I'll probably make this one available in the one color and the full color version. Thanks for your interest.

valorandvellum
valorandvellum profile pic Alumni

Whoa... stuartmcinnes needs to chill out. That link you posted isn't even the same as Now That's Dope at all. So by your logic, everything needs to be 100% original. Are you telling me that none of the elements in this submission were traced and/or used reference photos??

BOOM.

Robsoul

OMG, I think I just figured it out! stuartmcinnes is really Banksy and those submissions were just a front! This is a crazy universe we live in... CRAZY, I tell you!

Robsoul

Oh and just to nail in the coffin old boy, I'm going to make posters of this and sell them, Stuart. So put that in your pipe and smoke it.

jonraphaelson

Hot.
Shit.

All I have to say.

When you get around to your storefront, Robsoul, shoot me an email, hey? jonraphaelson at gmail dawt com

Thanks!

Robsoul

will do man, thanks.

stuartmcinnes

Hello again Robsoul

Since when does original angles suddenly translate to 100% original? Honestly Robsoul, you are fighting a losing battle here mate. You are a rip off merchant sailing the seven seas of design and passing it off as your own.

Feel free to rip off my idea...you would be just further proving my point.

Oh and Robsoul you morons elected that muppet GW...put that in your pipe and smoke it...

roadkill3d
roadkill3d profile pic Alumni

my gawd it never ends. sue the guy already!

stuartmcinnes

Thanks Valor I am chill btw...my design was a spin on a well known British dance move that to my knowledge has not been repeated like this anywhere else.

Unlike our fellow man here I am not in to blatant plagiarism.

p.s. I like your piƱata btw

Robsoul

Oh stuartmcinnes, I love your remarks, you remind me of a politician, just going on and on with absolutely no evidence or justification. Actually I didn't elect GWB but check this out

But again, how exactly am I a "blatant plagiarizer", I would love for you to provide specifics. ummm, I think all you can really say is that I "stole" the idea, but the MTTS peeps have already made that claim, thus you will have to take a close second in you rally to save humanity from senseless individuals like myself.

And again, contact Banksy, let him address the issue with the Threadless satff, instead of yourself, a psychotic follower who may not be representing Banksy's best interests.

Robsoul

" You are a rip off merchant sailing the seven seas of design and passing it off as your own. " yes indeed, hahhaa, is this Tesco?

stuartmcinnes

I don't believe you are even putting up a fight!!! Can someone be that stupid? You wrote there is no evidence...duh...you nicked the idea and admitted doing it as well.

No self respecting designers do that in the first place! So my verdict is you can't be one...just some knobber who steals ideas because he is too moronic to come up with his own.

nuff said

Robsoul

When did I admit it, Stuart? I'm mean seriously, if there was any credibility to your accusations the Threadless staff would have contacted me.

Sooooooo.... First, mine is completely hand-drawn with two generals sitting around a gramophone. And, yes, I used reference photos of generals and a gramophone and furniture so that I could get certain elements correct. Then I hand-drew the type and came up with the verbiage myself, I'm a fucking genius.

Banksy used a found photo of two grannies sewing and added some type to it to give it a comedic value. Good for him.

MTTS uses clip art and juxtaposes it with type to it to give it a comedic value as well. Good for them.

Robsoul on Dec 04 '07 at 10:37am

Let me stress though, I've been accused of ripping Married to the Sea (even though all their work is just juxtaposed clipart) and now Banksy and I will forever maintain that I was not influenced by either of the two. The end.

oh - Robsoul on Dec 04 '07 at 10:30am
Oh man, I've been exposed, what shall I do?
- That's called sarcasm.

Keep up the good fight, Stuart, onward Christian soldiers and all that jazz.

stuartmcinnes

Use sarcasm all you want Robsoul and it is the lowest form of wit I might add. Your denial of ripping off an idea is just laughable regardless of how much you 'jazzed up' your version it is still a rip off.

MTTS know it and I know it...the only person who doesn't appear to know is you Robsoul.

I suggest you look up 'plagiarism' in the dictionary, along with 'copyright' and while you are at it you might as well look up 'denial' as well.

Merry Christmas, hopefully Santa brings you some originals ideas.

Robsoul

Here's the colored version for kicks, just found the Ai file on my desktop (which is a complete mess) and thought I'd share... and take up more bandwidth

eyestozion

Awesome design, I think people like stu must necessarily be ignored. Art is by its very nature influenced, it isn't made in a vacuum. The Banksy/MTTS accusation is sooooo incredulous. Good work btw!

Mr Rocks
Mr Rocks profile pic Alumni

this is indeed dope. Congrats on the reprint.

rpolich

hey, asshole! you totally ripped this off from that one picture of some people sitting in chairs! you know which one i'm talking about.
and i know i've totally seen that guy on the left somewhere in a famous painting or something! and to top it all off, in one of your original versions, you used the color green! i'm pretty sure that color green has been used before by Banksy himself.
way to be original, jerknuts. and you call yourself a designer...you should be ashamed.

rpolich

oh, and i'll go ahead and make it clear to stu that the previous post was indeed sarcasm. or maybe some sort of parody. a mockery, perhaps? the world may never know.

Contemporartist

wow. I love the design. I just wasted 15 mins of my life reading the accusations of an idiot that is "just jealous". (yeah, i just quoted myself) rpolich made me laugh. All art has origin- the value of it is the presentation. Stuartmcinnes is a dope. Indeed.

wiggitywak

hey,
thanks for the comment on my design. I'm glad to hear you don't think my design is ripping yours off. I guess you kinda beat me to the punch though, cuz I doubt they'll print two designs that are rather similar. nice work, I'm diggin it.

chelseakurtzman

I love this design SO much better than the grannies! Really hope it gets reprinted...way to run with a good thing. This is awesome.

mammalwear

Reprint! For the love of god, reprint!!!!

AstroBilly777

Is this supposed to mean anything, or is it just plain funny? who are the people? they could be anybody for all I care, it's still radical. REPRINT!!!

Robsoul

ha, I second the motion for a reprint! unfortunately, I believe there is still stock in some sizes and those have to run out before they reprint.... at least I think so.

Arrow08
Arrow08 profile pic Alumni

One of my all time favorite designs! Congrats!

Ars3nic

Pleeeease reprint!

Page:
  1. 1
  2. 2
No account?
Join Us