Close
One second...

Threadless Fantasy Pool

Taking the fantasy side of things like sports into the realm of threadless! Here's how it works...

You pick 4 Submitted and 1 printed design(you'll see a list of categories) and you'll receive points for every correctly guessed design that gets (re)printed!

You'll need:

2 New Designs (Designs created within the last 30 days)
1 Old Designs(Designs created later than 30 days)
1 Longshot (The Design has to have scored less than a 2.3)
1 Reprint (Any previously printed design)

Scoring System:

1 point for every New, Old, or Reprint Design printed.
2 points for a Long Shot printed.

When you create your "team" (Make sure to include thumbnails of your picks, your post will be considered you're "official scoring card".) You're ready to take part in the game! Here's where things get interesting... you cannot claim a design for this fantasy pool if its allready been picked-- the early bird gets the worm... or in this case their first choice.

If one of your "picks" gets printed you may then make an additional pick in the same category as your previous. So if Design A in the category Old Designs was printed, you'd have to pick a new design that fits that categories criteria!

Remember you only get 1 shot at makng your team, so make it count!

The Threadless Fantasy Season 1 will take place until March 1st 2008, where the top scoring team will win an amazing prize (TBA-- you're welcome to donate)

Make sure the picks you want aren't taken!

Taken picks:

I hate packing
Wookie Tee
Gaston
The Human G-nome project
Lab Partners
The Last piece
Dragon Flavor
Dressing up
Rock paper scissors! OH my!
Polar gardening
Hunting
Topiary
Overanalyze
Ballad of the Weekend Warrior
Inside You

POINT LEADERS
IROCKO: 5 (Inside trader?)
MOJIE: 2 (the comeback kid)
Magna: 1
Aytee: 1
Bramish: 1

Watch this
Bramish
Bramish profile pic Alumni

Good luck organising this

Magnamoth

Magnamoth Picks

New

Old

Longshot

Reprint

Mojie

NEW DESIGNS:

OLD DESIGN:

LONGSHOT:

REPRINT:

Magnamoth

Get in on the action!

iDanSimpson

New:

Old:

Long-shot:

Reprint:

iDanSimpson

oops. i picked one too many old designs.

i stick with sonmi's "overanalyze"

Magnamoth

Wow Topiary was such a great pick, I made some terrible picks but its probably for the best considering I'm the host of this.

Aytee

New:

Old:

Longshot:

Aytee

Reprint:

valorandvellum
valorandvellum profile pic Alumni

Yay! Thanks for picking Topiary, Dan. Also, I have a little project for you if you want to do another modeling gig ;-)

This blog will be fun to keep an eye on!

iDanSimpson

it's a gimme, priscilla. i'm just glad i got on that pick nice and early.

bump.

Magnamoth

Wow, at the very least this thread has introduced me to some new favourites... Rescued and Topiary are AMAZING.

valorandvellum
valorandvellum profile pic Alumni

How come nobody has said Ross's word search one as a new one? That one seems like a surefire winner!

Mojie

Too many awesome new designs, too little room. At least that's what it was for me. There're a dozen or so new ones (your Topiary included) that I really love, but only 2 spots to put them in.

blossompossum

My exhausted brain is having trouble deciphering this, so I'll check back tomorrow, as it sounds interesting.

Also, you're from Edmonton? I live 6 hours away from there.

Magnamoth

Calgary Actually

blossompossum

Ah, cool. Then I'm 3 hours away. I haven't lived in a relatively big city for quite some time now.

ir0cko
ir0cko profile pic Alumni

New:

Old:

Longshot:

Reprint:

Bramish
Bramish profile pic Alumni

NEW

OLD

LONG SHOT

REPRINT

Mojie

Nice find on Epic Battle, Bramish! I'd buy that in a heartbeat! :)

staffell
staffell profile pic Alumni

haha, epic battle should be voided from this contest, cos it's an absolute definite

Magnamoth

Tomorrow is the first day for potential scoring! Register your "team" now before you miss out!

Magnamoth

no points awarded :(

Magnamoth

Magna: 1
Aytee: 1
Irocko: 4
Bramish: 1

If one of your picks has one you can now replace it with a new pick for that particular category!

Remember we still need more prize offers! So if you are feeling in the holiday spirit offer to donate prizes!

Magnamoth

My new pick:

Magnamoth

If you want to take part, you still can, you wouldn't even be that far behind!

starr226
starr226 profile pic Alumni

I think maybe you shouldn't make anything "taken" - you should look at it like a Salary Cap League. As you currently have this set up, really it's first come, first serve - which isn't fair unless you get everyone together simultaneously.
I would say you either need to compile a group of people and let them make their picks snake draft style, or do it that everyone can pick the same thing - with the potential for a tie. Then do a tie breaker.

i obsess over fantasy systems - just my two cents.

starr226
starr226 profile pic Alumni

this is a great idea, btw

Magnamoth

That would be the way to go if you could actually get everyone together at one time, the problem is though we all live in different parts of the world and a "live draft" or even a turn by turn draft would take ages if not entirely unrealistic.

I figure this is the best way to go-- "the early bird gets the worm" plus there are sooooooooooo many great designs it's not like after the first 20 people's picks you can't find a potential winner.

ir0cko

here are more guesses

more guesses...

new:

longshot:

reprint:

Magnamoth

points update

Mojie

Whoo! Let's see, what to pick for my replacements...

NEW:

So many choices it was hard to pick 2. :/

ir0cko

here's my new reprint guess:

ir0cko

woot! victor terrintop is getting printed!

i'm having a tough time choosing between longshots, but i'll go with...

Mojie

Since Polar Gardening was reprinted, I'm going with...

No account?
Join Us