Close
One second...

In a Pinch

Alumni vs. Barons, Round 2: "Don't Spill the Salt"

Watch this
The Gold Baron

Alumni vs. Barons, Round 2: "Don't Spill the Salt"

the czar

Very nicely done. Maybe too subtle? Took me a bit to see.

bsweber
bsweber profile pic Alumni

yes! looks great on the shirt! $5

the_infhanta

I love it! I really like the sketched look it has. Five for sure!

extreme elmo

Was there some kind of superstition them going around that I missed? O_o This is like the third one I've seen...

P.s. $5 :D

Jemae
Jemae profile pic Alumni

NEAT! nice illutration! five! :)

Ste7en
Ste7en profile pic Alumni

Great concept and execution. The Glass could have been a tad more refined, but overall its inceonsequential. 5.

silverstar8403

This is the superstition, from Wikipedia:

"Spilling salt may cause a fight or argument during this day. There are several options to "undo" this which seem to relate to various ways of acknowledging the fact that salt was spilled with others present at the scene. One way to revert this is tossing some salt over one's left shoulder. "

valorandvellum
valorandvellum profile pic Alumni

Works well on the shirt, especially with the salt on the shoulder... really nice idea!

ISABOA
ISABOA profile pic Alumni

expertly executed - another fantastic sub gold baron 5$

kiLLyou

VERY GOOD

$ 5

artdrops
artdrops profile pic Alumni

awesome $5

grayehound
grayehound profile pic Alumni

conceptually, this is fantastic. you've put in a lot of little subtle details that make the design more and more interesting. love the words in the salt, the smily face on the top of the salt container...nice work!

Caseroo

lol, i totally missed the whole good luck bad luck written in the salt til i read this. I like it!

dacat
dacat profile pic Alumni

I'm glad you noticed the smily face :-)

robomonkey

took along time to read. but i like it

meaganfifer

oh dang, if you look into the scattered salt it says bad luck and the pile of salt says goodluck.
deep

orwell

clever, looks good, and i love the shirt color

jpiatt
jpiatt profile pic Alumni

Great concept and the art is fantastic!!!

Monkey III
Monkey III profile pic Alumni

Love every grain of salt!

Ryomoki

i wanted the salt shaker to be evil, or at least not look like he has a smiley face on ;_; but don't worry, i love it. $5

FRICKINAWESOME
FRICKINAWESOME profile pic Alumni
1 design submitted -

Great idea here, i just wish some more smaller details were involved in all the spilled salt on the front. Maybe a few things from history that demonstrated bad luck or horrible consequences...slaves building the pyramids could easily be made in the front or as being carried in the back (especially since those are the times this superstition came from) etc.

bbarchi

Nice design!!! Placement is good...$5

terryb

the cap has a smiley face in it...

The Gold Baron

Thanks for the feedback and comments folks!

italiansmile

awwww. this is awesome. definitely $$$$5!!!

Cuffcake

wondrous !

KILLZ

doesn't look like salt to me...

billly

yes i like the drawing and colors 5$

Ellsswhere
Ellsswhere profile pic Alumni

Rad! this is really clean and well done, dont like the "face" on the shaker though, its not really needed

katheri

Sweet... though I must admit it took me a while scrolling through the comments to see the whole good/bad luck thing. Great design though!

WhitneyBeth
WhitneyBeth profile pic Alumni

oh wow... it took a me a moment to see the lettering.... i love this. subtle and clean. $5.

ISABOA
ISABOA profile pic Alumni

PRINT!!!!

No account?
Join Us