Bombshell

• by abthomas
  • posted Oct 22, 2007
  • 29 Comments

Watch this
Jawz13

HAHA!!!
very nice!!
If I might suggest bringing out the "bombshell"-like features in the girl and perhaps adding minimal red and orange to said mushroom cloud
yeah?
Fantastic idea!

abthomas

I redesigned the girl, and added color to the explosion. What do you think?

abthomas

Same as the second design. I just added a closeup of the mushroom cloud

abthomas

PLEASE leave feedback if you think it needs work/sucks.

abthomas

I added more detail to woman--specifically her head.

Please me feedback so I know how to improve this.

abthomas

Do you guys think it would look better with the explosion behind her, and larger?

swirlsNcurls

lose the bow...and the crotch and shoe details, and have the bomb inside her fill up the space...and maybe have her fill the shirt...maybe, have the collar crop a but of her head and have the bottom crop her off at the hip? i like the idea though. if you keep playing with it, i think it'll turn out pretty cool.

swirlsNcurls

and i like the body from your first design!

Courtneysita

I like the body from the 2nd/3rd design best, definitely lose the crotch detail, as for the bomb filling her up, that might look cool, try doing that so we can all compare

wilsondesign

Alli bear! cute concept- not too literal= good

hee hee- i think it is funny to imagine her legs knees together (sexy) and then switch you mind see her legs crossed (gotta' pee stance).

i like it- looks ready to submit... minus the bow. I also like the straight hair as well and the flippy hair.

good job... Oh, btw... I guess I'm going to have to cancel that November date we had planned... 2010, was it?
So sorry!
ciao!

Jawz13

the two random strands on the top right side of her head are slightly distracting, not sure what they are...hair methinks

This is such a great design!
I really want it to be printed!
$5!

Jawz13

ah yes...I agree, crotch detail could be less visible!

abthomas

Okay, I took some of your feedback (thank you SO much, too!) and changed it up. I got rid of the bow in her hair, the detail on her legs, and made the mushroom cloud bigger.

Is it better? Worse? What else could be better?

abthomas

So, look at this version as well as number 5. They're exactly the same, except this one has a more detailed mushroom cloud.

Feedback, please!

bloodyaftertaste

i like this mushroom cloud better, but there seems to be a lot of white space still making it look empty

abthomas

It would only be about 7 (maybe 8?) inches on the shirt. The examples on the shirts in the picture are a little bigger than I would hope they'd be. So the "empty space" will prevent it from looking cluttered, I think.

abthomas

I don't know what else I can do.

I tried filling her entirely with the mushroom cloud, but then you couldn't even tell it was a mushroom cloud--she just looked scribbly.

If there's empty space, maybe I should try putting the mushroom cloud behind her? With her shadow falling back and becoming the mushroom? Anyone like that idea?

wilsondesign

ok, i had a weird idea to fill your space... ok. so, the part that you have colored yel/org/red make that white and where you have white, make it a yel/org/red gradient using horizontal stripes (like a sunset).
I can tell you how to do it over the phone if you're interested. ttyl, A

yomismo

why not having the bomb on the background and the woman as a silhouette in front of the explosion?

abthomas

She is the bombshell because she is containing the bomb. To remove it from inside of her would defeat the concept.

abthomas

Sorry about the suddenly 3 new versions. As you can see, one of them came out blank. And since it appeared after I submitted my most recent version, I decided to resubmit so people aren't faced with a fresh page of nothing.

I enlarged the mushroom cloud within her, hopefully removing unwanted "blank space."

abthomas

Does the outline of the rest of the mushroom cloud look better?

Chris Carney

Wouldn't it be better if she was standing inside an emty/used bombshell ?

abthomas

No, because SHE is the bombshell. The bomb needs to be inside of her. I don't think it would make sense for a bombshell to be in a bombshell.

Chris Carney

If she is inside the bombshell she become part of the bombshell, hence she is a bombshell.
, if anything is becomes easier to understand

Courtneysita

I disagree, I think it would be redundant that way. I like it the way it is.

abthomas

I agree with Courtneysita

No account?
Join Us