A Cubework Orange

• by audreyv
  • posted Oct 09, 2007
  • 30 Comments

Watch this
EmbryoProject

I think I'd buy this...good stuff...

Metilco

Haha. I have some CWO freak friends who would love this. Very nice.

ISABOA
ISABOA profile pic Alumni

the humorous connection between a rubicks cube and clockwork orange is lost on me -

professorE

All I can think of is what moves I'd make to finish the puzzle.

Goddamn 80's...

professorE

Rubik / Kubrick

Similar.

Zephyris1969

Use a white t-shirt like the movie poster.

audreyv

Thanks everyone.

Also thanks to Kyle for the idea and the input.

ISABOA
ISABOA profile pic Alumni

ok now i get it -

Zacynthus

its impossible for the two greens to be on the corner next to each other like that... they would never be able to be on the same side...

FRICKINAWESOME
FRICKINAWESOME profile pic Alumni

Yeah, it's not really in the slockwork/cubework, it's in the staney rubics. lol. not really a connection i find stunning, but i like the drawing and the one piece of orange that isn't lined up with the others. It's a small detail that speaks volumes about the movie. So, that's good!

drivemycar

Did you just trace the original image in Illustrator?

alicakes

very cleaver

audreyv

Thanks for the support, everyone!!

...I don't have illustrator! Wish I did, though! I actually made this in paint shop.

drivemycar

Are you sure you are not violating copyright laws by passing off this image as your own? I realize you added the cube and changed the words, but the image is clearly traced.

Hebby 101

It would make a better poster or sticker, but good try!

Nauseated

This really is an awesome idea, but there are problems with the cube. there's the 2 green stickers on one piece, and then the white and yellow centers are touching, where on real rubik's cubes have white and yellow opposite.

audreyv

Oh thanks for the comments.

If given the option, the top green square could be changed to white. That should keep two colors from being on the same block.

Otherwise, we only get to use five colors for these designs, and yellow, white, orange were the three I thought looked best for the cube.

N2O

Ha!

Wende

Fantastic!

The Wee Straggler

This isn't nearly as clever as you want it to be.

BrokenArm91

deffinately some copyright infringment going on if this gets printed, but threadless looks out for that so i don;t think it will be printed, Maybe try a different approach?

jackiejacktoo

drivemycar - it counts as parody and is therefore protected as free speech. Mad magazine parodies copyrighted things all the time. Or Wacky packs or Garbage Pail kids or, or, etc.

holyseamonkey

the layout of the cube is impossible. same color to color at 90 degrees... (green). concept rocks. $5

squatterjohn

Doesn't anyone read previous posts before pointing out stupid shit like this? The artist has already said he'll change it, it ain't hard.

This is the best Rubik's Cube sub I've seen today.

No account?
Join Us