I'm Not A Racist!

• by kingjeabs
  • posted Oct 04, 2007
  • 42 Comments

Watch this
_matthew

simple but great! $5

semiller

This trivializes the existence of racisim which is entirely innappropriate.

Meech

The above silly comment aside (??)... it's not a strong enough visual to elicit more than a passing grin.

Hi my name is

This trivializes the existence of racisim which is entirely innappropriate. wow

namE.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA, LOL

Great concept!

Maltzmania
Maltzmania profile pic Alumni

courtney pie on Oct 09 '07
lol

lol

macbeck

Haha, perhaps the existence of racism needs to be trivialized.
I LIKE IT! $5!

whatsgolden

it took me a second but HAHA it's great!

maddingo

i'm not offended because it trivializes racism

but becasue it trivializes racing

NASCAR !! VROOM VROOM BITCHES!!! (oh wait)

courtney pie

lmao @ maddingo! someone pulled that line on me the other day!

JUMPDOUG

IT'S AIIIGHT COULD BE BETTER.

Keter

Let's trivialize racism right out of existence. Other visual cues related to racing might be good. Please tell me he's not on steroids, too. ;o)

lindseylatch

ohhh, I would have never gotten it without Keter...

mattieett

wait. i dont get it.

kmmcclure

because of the tortoise and the hare? is that right? i think i like this!

christi104hsia

does the designer want to explain this tee?? o_o

kingjeabs

Well, it's a turtle. In some point in his turtle life he has a thought..."I'm not a racist." Thats it. It's only coincidence that he's a slow creature, so pardon the pun.

I started a series of designs where happy members of the animal kingdom declare there stance on racism, because as humans that subject seems to be offensive.

KILLZ

lol

creepingminx

I like it, don't know if I'd wear that blue though.

Kalikali

hahaha. Funny, but i wouldn't wear it.

fouchnickens

kingjeabs, I like your approach to the subject on racism -- using humor to address an often-heated topic -- after all, only the joker could tell the king the truth.

I do think, however, that the turtle needs to say something more clever. After all, the turtle did race the hare.

eskimokiss
eskimokiss profile pic Alumni

I'm sure that at some point in that turtles life he must have thought "I'd be a shitty looking t-shirt"

kingjeabs

eskimokiss - "I'm sure that at some point in that turtles life he must have thought "I'd be a shitty looking t-shirt"

yeah, but he got over it.

Merzi

lol,
shirt is cute, but I don't think i'd wear it, too much explaining to anyone who is offended, which in NH it is pretty easy to offend anyone!

kingjeabs

sorry guys, there's no profound proverb or philisophical statemtent. It's not a clever twist of words. It's just a really lame turtle that's not a racist and is happy with it. In fact, right after his thought on racism he got ran over by a hummer. It was some business guy late for a meeting or something. Oh well.

SourBitch

Ha ha ha ha ha! Make the illustration more detailed!

PassionFruit

im not sure if racist is a noun my friend

Ellsswhere
Ellsswhere profile pic Alumni

wouldn't it be grand if commenter's would only discuss whether or not they would wear it or not, but this is the way of things... and so we must accept it forever and ever, amen.

zoeoreo

:D ha h aha ha ha

jentheamericanblonde

racist is a noun, btw. And I thought it was a cute corny joke about the tortoise and the hair... my bubble is burst. :-( I would like it more if it was. But then, you'd have to have a rabbit in there somewhere.... idk.

xcourtkneex

I couldn't wear it because I'm in Mississippi, and am a strong supported of not being stabbed. I think it would seem as though the wearer were making the claim him/herself, and I can't decide if it's offensive or not, since it IS calling attention to a sensitive issue...Ugh. I just don't know :(

jackiejacktoo

I actually like it but, great big hot button issue plus ambiguous meaning, equals punched many times. i could never, ever wear it.

kingjeabs

i live in texas, I've already worn it a few times and nobody has said anything negative about it. I usually get a "thats cute" or maybe a half smile. whatever. lol

rtlong

I'd wear it for the simplicity alone. $5

On the other note, though, what would prompt a viewer of this shirt to take offence to it? I mean, I understand that racism is a heated topic in its own right, but why would a cute little turtle's realisation offend somebody? Even a person's exclaiming his/her lack of racist prejudice--who would be offended?

No account?
Join Us