More non-shirt related-ness

Anyone know a good recipe for potato soup? Preferably one that is not very complicated.

Watch this
catdogpigduck
catdogpigduck profile pic Alumni

isn't that massed potatoes

Omair

milk, butter, cheese, spices, potatoes, cheese, eat, yum.

Chipmnk

Potatoes in hot water. That's considered soup, right?

yion072

Pear I need more details! I tried this and ended up with potato water. I need measurements.

Omair

oh, well, first of all, you want to use a decent amount of milk. like 1 1/2 cups if you're just making some for yourself, and then you want to put like 2 tablespoons of butter, a little water, and some oil but you have to be careful as to not like... burn the milk. I usually boil my potatoes or bake them beforehand, and then chop them up into squares. I think you should probably chop them up before you boil/bake them, cuz they get really soft. and the cheese and spices are like, your preference. You want the cheese/milk/butter/oil to come to a boil first, and then lower the heat, and throw in your other stuff, and constantly stir it.

yion072

Awesome. No water?

yion072

And how many potatoes?

Omair

a little water, alot less water than milk. 1 potato if theyr'e large, 2 if they're small. I'm just telling you a recipe I use, so it might not come out as well as the professional ones, though.

yion072

Ahh it sounds perfect actually. Everything I look up has all these extras and I like it simple. You are awesome!

Omair

I know stuff and things, sometimes.

shirtflirt

wtf pear knows something?

yion072

He does :)

No account?
Join Us