Close
One second...

Blog Renamed for *SHIRTFLIRT* :)

Ok well I'm hijacking my own thread to talk about something else with Shirtflirt!

P.S.
No surprise the bank said they're not familiar with the program therefore they won't take checks from it.

Ok well I'm selling one of my really nice designer handbags and the buyer (the only person who emailed me) lives across the country and wants to pay using something called InstiCheck. It it just me or does that sound like a load of BS? I mean it has a site but the idea of printing a legitamate check off my home printer sounds fishy.. despite the fact that they say Office Max sells the paper.

What do you all think?? I really could use the money but don't want to get scammed. Do you think it would be reasonable to ask them to use paypal? At least I would feel more comfortable about it. I'm going to call my bank in a little bit to ask them if they've ever heard of this InstiCheck thing...

Watch this
shirtflirt

did you get your tattoo by hanna yet?

ps, i've never heard of insticheck.

skafiend007

ask them to use paypal. Is no different than a store that won't take American Express or something. You can request to get paid the way you want to. Besides, how do you know your bank will take a check printed off your computer? I suppose you could call your bank first and ask them...

tracerbullet
tracerbullet profile pic Alumni

that is the sketchiest looking website ever. ask for paypal.

skafiend007

oh, wait, you said you were going to call your bank...

shirtflirt

she might wanna call her bank...

Tess Fondie

what tracer said

skafiend007

besides, doesn't the check have to have their bank name on it, as well as their bank info to verify that the money is coming out of their account? what do these "instichecks" have printed on them? you need a routing number, account number, etc. ... at least I thought you did.

pyr4lis
pyr4lis profile pic Alumni

Yeah it sounds like a total scam.

And no tattoo yet shirtflirt. Hannah's back at her own shop in Chicago for the next month or so till filming starts again. I don't mind waiting if I know for a fact that I have an appointment slot. I'm going to talk my boyfriend into stopping by the High Voltage shop with me on Saturday to talk to someone about it securing an appointment. If they can't do that I think I might just go elsewhere. There was a lady at Outer Limits that I liked too (my friend is also getting tattooed there) So with two confirmed referrals to the same shop between you and my friend I figure it's got to be nice. But I'm going to see about my first choice before making any decisions.

shirtflirt

Which Outer Limits?

pyr4lis

My friend is going to the one in Costa Mesa & a girl named Kody is doing it.

squintygirl

Hmmm, I don't trust this a bit. Normal cheques have a number of safety precautions built into them to prevent this very thing from scamming people out of their money.

shirtflirt

ahhh. i haven't been to that shop. my wife's getting tattooed by Brian at the Long Beach shop. he's doing awesome work, too

skafiend007

I'm going to make my own checks to see if I can get away with this.

The First National Bank of Skafiend
Member: Eff Dee Eye Sea

pyr4lis

Bank says they are not familiar with the checks and advise against it. So hopefully the buyer will agree with paypal. :D

Shirtflirt- Well I emailed Kari a week ago just to make sure that I've checked with all the studios I liked and to see about visiting but she never emailed me back. The person I like is in the Orange location and called Linda.

benny breaks

paypal only. that's all i'd accept online. period.

shirtflirt

it took her over a month to email me back. and when she did, she said always just call the shop. she's not ignoring you, just super busy.
i'm gonna check her out now.
wow, so you live in orange county or los angeles county? i assume oc.

pyr4lis

I live in Whittier, CA. It's in LA county but I'm really close to the Orange County border and head over that way alot to visit friends.

pyr4lis

shirtflirt

just looked at Linda's work. I really like that Tiger she did, i like how she rendered the grass it's laying in.
i know where whittier is! that's pretty much exactly the border of the counties. i think you mentioned it in another blog but what are you looking to get done?

spacesick 2

shirtflirt taught about the bad touch

spacesick 2

me

chair

*cucumber

I was never here

Bramish
Bramish profile pic Alumni

I read this as "Reamed Shirtflirt"

I'll leave now.

shirtflirt

i've never been reamed sounds ouchy

ohyoustealher

Yeah that's totally scetchy. I can't even find where it gives a business address or phone, just the email form (which is awful looking in and of itself) Anyway good luck with the tattoo! Reminds me I need to make an appointment to get mine done sometime

pyr4lis

lol :) sorry about that guys!

hehe I do that when I talk too... I'll say something that seems right to me until I think about it (or it is pointed out to me) then I realize that what I just said came out weird.

Yeah it's not that many blogs back.. I think it still shows in my profile. I'm looking to someone to do a really nice bright Mucha style design. Flowers & vines with some Mucha girls kind of hidden in the design. Going for upper left arm over the shoulder and onto the back to about the shoulderblade.

ohyoustealher

Sounds cool. I would reccomend my friend Tim (he's very good in addition to being a friend of course) but he's in MA, so that may not be a great option for you.

shirtflirt

if you want vibrant colors i see why hannahs work would entice you.
i'm pretty stoked at the first flower kari's done on me. she's good but she'll leave you bruised for a week afterwards

pyr4lis

lol now I'd be the one getting ouchies! heheh

I'm drawn really bright colors and hannah really has that nailed. Not to mention she always brings a good percentage of her own personal style into the creation of the design.

I dunno why it seems so hard for a tattoo artist to get vibrant colors.. it's not like the color is emanating from their person aura of coolness. But most of the online portfolios I've seen just really lack truely bright colors.

Kari shows the ability to get bright colors.. the roaring lion in her portfolio is amazing. I love the way she outlined the whiskers in black it the whole thing really pops.

Linda seems to have a real eye for detail which is important with Mucha style stuff. And she's also done the style before. Some of her colors just don't seem 100% though. But it is an online photo so I'd really have to see her stuff in the shop.

I didn't realize it took shops so long to respond to peoples emails. I can see maybe a week or so but a whole month is a hell of a long time to just reply to someone. I'd be happy with just a "We recieved your request and are revewing it and will get back to you asap." type of thing.

shirtflirt

yeah i get what yer saying. they're artists, first and foremost and so in there lies the inability to communicate normally? kidding. but perhaps only half.

i had kari, this dude up in seattle and a guy in san diego on the line and kari was the first to get back to me at a month! then the guy from seattle got back. and i still haven't heard from the dude in SD. he must be really busy.

can you link me to the Mucha style?
otherwise i'll see what i can find

pyr4lis

shiiiiiiirrrrrrrt.... ? lol I put the links there for you :P

No account?
Join Us