Close
One second...

Hat Head

This is not quite finished yet. Just wanted to get a general impression. Also Does it seem cut off? do you think it needs to be a full body? Thanks

Watch this
Page:
  1. 1
  2. 2
ibyes

This is not quite finished yet. Just wanted to get a general impression. Also Does it seem cut off? do you think it needs to be a full body? Thanks

Glorifiedg

I think it's perfect! Sub it.

MooseDinner

It might look better with his whole body. Or maybe just the head? Cool idea, but his face needs work. It should be more rectangular

Kookaberry

That's pretty funny but yeah it'd be cool to see the whole chair.

ibyes

4 needs work people, I'm not dis agreeing but share your thoughts on how you would improve it. Thanks

hippiekasey

I agree, needs the rest of the body, but I really like the illustration =)

nikolina100

hah! this is really great, it does look as if it might be better w/ his whole body. But I love what you got going here :)

ibyes

Thanks for the feedback, I will definetley finish the whole body/chair and as I look at more references the face does need alot of work.

vangoo

The face and body def need work, but it's a funny concept.

ibyes

I went back to this guy after a long time, let me know if it has improved any.
Thanks.

Ryder
1 design submitted - Score now!

the eyes look funny...you need to redraw his left eye (the one on the right)....otherwise it looks like a combo of lincoln and sloth from the goonies.

otherwise you're all set to have a great design

ibyes

Agreed, I have to work on the face and a few other things. Thanks

mtths

his top-hair looks apart from his "real" hair.
try to use the curls/form of his own hair into the new shape.
now it's just a drawn black rectangle

ibyes

Good point, I will see what I can do about the hair.

ibyes

On second thought, although I get the hair comment, I was trying to make it look like he took the hat off and it stayed in the hats shape.
Anyone else have a thought about this?

ibyes

Just giving this a bump.

EricDiaz

lol, this is great.. i think the hair is okay just might want to add a few strands coming out so its not so smooth. his left eye and hand need some work, actually his right hand could bend a little more.. also his head looks a little too small for the body. his ear looks a tad too big, kind of makes him look like a monkey..
after looking at it longer the proportions of his right arm look off, like he has two elbows.. i would shorten the forearm or straighten out the 'upper elbow' lol.. anyway cool idea, check out my critiquehere.

professorE

I agree with keeping the shape (of the hair) rigid, but just making the texture more uniform.

I also like the look of the eyes, as if he's raising one eyebrow à la Stephen Colbert.

I can't wait to see a revised verison of this.

ibyes

All good points EricDiaz and ProfessorE, The anatomy needs some work, thanks for pointing that out. I was going for a not super realistic face, but I will see about the size of the head and ear.

fouchnickens

I agree with the comments above -- the hair does need work in terms of how the lines flow and the continuity from his original hair to his hat hair. Take a look at a picture of Amy Winehouse for some inspiration, but you also want to acknowledge the curls/waves of Lincoln's hair (look at Lincoln's younger pics to see what I mean).

The hands are a bit off, although it looks like mostly a shading problem. His mouth is slightly down-turned in a frown of sorts, where I think you want him to express more sly embarrassment for his hair. Lincoln had a healthy sense of humor about his gangly looks, so this is funny on a visual and historical level.

ibyes

Cool, thanks for the comment fouchnickens, looking at Amy Winehouse is a great idea. I'm not sure what I think about the smile although maybe I will try a version and see, But I kinda like that he is serious with F'd up hair.

ibyes

Bumping this for more feedback, thanks.

Pifman

First off, I didn't read anyone else's comments. So I'm sorry if I'm repeating what everyone else said.

I really like the idea, it's very very solid. But the hair just doesn't look right. It looks like a very well done drawing of Abe, then his (tall) hair looks like marker scribbles. Since his tall hair is pretty much the main focus this is a big problem.

Try focusing on making it all Black at first, and then "highlighting" certain areas, just like the rest of his hair, or even his shoes.

ibyes

Yeah, that's a good idea, thanks Pifman.

ibyes

Ok, V3 of Hat Head coming at ya, comments crits? thanks.

EricDiaz

looks much better! As a finishing touch i'd give the chair some shadow like how you did with his feet.

professorE

Agrees with Eric and then go with it!

ibyes

Good point, makes sense.

Dabem

oh this one cracked me up. Sub it! sub it now!

ibyes

Thanks

ibyes

Hey needs work guy, please leave a comment on what you think could be improved. Thanks.

ibyes

bump for more oppinions

Mrkinney77

also before you submit see what it looks like with take some of the outlines around him out ... like in the lighter parts of the pants where the light is coming from, take the outline out there cause the outlines make him look very flat while that chair looks very three dimensional. it might bring it together better

ibyes

Nice work britoon, indeed lincoln rules.

devrienie

nice ^-^ submit please!

handlas

I like everything except the textre on his clothes. I'd rather see sort of etching looking lines that work with the curves of his body. That's about it.

Mountain Gnome

ibyes: You have a solid Idea here, I like that a lot. The design has improved since V1. The only further critisisms that I could add would be:
1. The bottom of his left hand needs a little touching up as now it looks a little cutoff
2. The armrests on the chair seem to not match. His left arm seems to floating over the armrest while the posture of the arm suggests that it is resting on it. Perhaps that is some cloth padding on the chair, but then so, why does the right armrest not have the same?

With a little more work on those aspects it'd be good to submit! Great Idea
chuckles

Laser Bread

very funny, love his expression

ibyes

handlas : Thanks for the crit, but I dig the pattern of his suit.

Thanks for the extended critique Mountain Gnome: The reference I used for the chair is like that, with the arms of the chair not being identical. Maybe I should change that because I agree it seems off. I will check out the left hand also.

Mountain Gnome

sorry to be nit picky but I have seen a few other possible things to also work on.
1. His legs. His right leg could possible move more to the right armrest as the room that it left over for his left leg looks like he is squashing the left leg.
2. The hat needs to more on his lap than perched on the edge of his right leg
3. The other back leg of the chair should be slightly visible

ibyes

Not at all, I will take those suggestions into consideration

ibyes

Ok, I addressed alot of the comments, (thanks for the great feedback) and I created my would be submission. So One last time here it is.

eladear

I like the design. I feel that the character has shadows but the chair and feet don't. The shadow effect that you were creating in V3 seemed to work, just missing some under the chair.

Good luck.

Page:
  1. 1
  2. 2
No account?