Close
One second...

Fail

Lovely. My first try at submitting a design, and it gets shot down on the first day. Not exactly an auspicious start, and now apparently I can't re-submit the image with changes to take into account what made it fail in the first place.

I think that's a bit of a weakness in the system, but I guess it prevents more abuse than good designs, so I guess it's reasonable. If only barely.

This leaves me with a problem though. I'd thought I was starting strong, submitting a design that I thought had good potential, and better than a lot of what I've done in the past. And now I find out that it's Nowhere Near Good Enough. So where do I go from here?

Watch this
redoom

I know they dont want to get clogged.. or something, but I still think it should be 48 not 24 hrs before the kickout happens.

redoom

Twice I tell ya! No worries though I am working on some stuff now that I think might do better. Gotta get back on that horse mate.

pyr4lis
pyr4lis profile pic Alumni

I think that most people didn't get it. I had to st0p and stare and think about it for a good 3 minutes before I realized it wasn't just a beetle but a "horn-rimmed" glasses beetle.

Keep in mind most voters just look at the image for about 10-30 seconds and vote & move on. Many don't even read the artists first comments.

Designs need to be clearer & simpler. Did you submit this to critique first? or the art & design blog? Someone there would have mentioned to you that the design was not clear enough.

Also being dropped that quickly means that it was dropped by the voters low scores... not by threadless itself.

redoom

People with short attention spans suck.

Nezumi Works

I guess I'll have to submit whatever I do next to critique, then.

I have to say, there's a bit of a steep learning curve here. I only learned about the "do not resubmit" rule by going through comments on other people's stuff, seeing as it's worded kinda vaguely in the reasons for rejection section (which itself isn't really up-front). To say nothing of finding out the hard way that once you've submitted once, you can't make changes based on people's comments (I guess that's the purpose of critique). But I guess that's just grousing.

That said, I still have to think about where I'm gonna go from this point. I'd love to submit again, but I'm not really sure what, since that was one of my best pieces.

No account?
Join Us