Close
One second...

The British Invasion!

okay before anyone attacks me (as in the critique i did earlier), let me just clarify: this is a tribute to the beatles (hence the font on the drum kit), and is not in any way a slight against the british. go u.k.! rock on across the pond i say.

anywho...

i modeled the image off of an old war poster depicting british soldiers storming a beach in WWII, thought it had potential, etc., etc.

this is my first submission. enjoy.

Watch this
bummersault

okay before anyone attacks me (as in the critique i did earlier), let me just clarify: this is a tribute to the beatles (hence the font on the drum kit), and is not in any way a slight against the british. go u.k.! rock on across the pond i say.

anywho...

i modeled the image off of an old war poster depicting british soldiers storming a beach in WWII, thought it had potential, etc., etc.

this is my first submission. enjoy.

Christoph Jenkins

I think this is great! It's been well thought out over the critiques, glad you went with some of the advise.

miss alice

Yayyyyy!!! I love you, and the British Invasion. Horay for the Beatles $5

Myuzika

N2O

Looks great! Rock 'n roll!

ninjapiratesrock

I love the Beatles, therefore I love this shirt. $5

circean93

woo british! haha

Gillespy

Cool! I like the various poses of the musicians coming over the hill.

britdrot

i love it, $5!

Gaff

Why are they surrounded by dead seals?

bummersault

Thanks everyone for all the comments! Yeah, I'm glad I critiqued this first, definitely going to try and continue that trend, since it seems to have really helped.

Re: Gaff
really? you got dead seals from that? Because they're supposed to be sandbags. Hmmm...maybe subconsciously I have a thing for dead seals.....or maybe subconsciously you do?

kidding.....

....but did anyone else not recognize the sandbags right away??

Gillespy

I thought they looked odd at first glance, but looking over it you can tell they're sandbags. Or at least some kind of barricade, which is enough.

straw8erry333

I thought they were little dead... potatoes? little old mummified men? Maybe it's the bright white highlight...

Sarahnade

the sand bags were odd cause their a little lumpy, but I knew what they were. $5 easy. They look like they're in the positions of green army men, and that is glorious.

Also, I'm a bit obsessed with the Beatles.

javolimte

yeah i was like wtf are those when i saw the sandbags at first i had to read your thing about the old WWII poster before i got what they were

Spam69

As someone who is British ,I wouldn't worry about it being seen as a slight, I don't see how it could be taken that way. I don't know if you have ever seen sandbags but they don't lay that way when stacked ,they would sit more evenly. My only other criticism would be that the perspective is slightly wrong, the guy closest seems too big. Very original idea though and the best of British with it ! ( even though I'm more of a rolling stones fan ).

musha

I totally love it!! British invasion has been done a lot, but i really like your take on it, i would deffinatly buy it :)

ajimenez529

Bro, what a nice design! I'd buy this 4 sure! hope u got more designs in store for us all to drool at!

WasaBPs

awesome

ooorly

Great but would have used electric guitars!!!

Julie Jerks

I thought those were potatoes. I love the idea, but the artwork..well..it could use some work.

da Face

I saw dead fish...but I would buy this (if I had money).

FRICKINAWESOME
FRICKINAWESOME profile pic Alumni

Ehhh.....this is a pun that doesn't even need to be illustrated b.c it kinda the obvious paraleel we've all drawn in our heads. Having said that, by possibly illustrating the idea in a different way, i'd probably dig this more.

RichBarber

As a brit, I like the concept, but I'm not convinced with the design - just seems like a splodge in the middle of the shirt.

Nevertheless I guess I'd generally only wear this if I was coming to the US on holiday - where someone might appreciate the reference. Wearing it in the UK would just seem a little pointless!

foll577

i think the concept is great but the sand bags need to look more like sandbags, and instead of acoustic guitars, you should probably style them closer to what the boys actually played.

mrhand

Having never been to the UK I find it very interesting that the British don't have faces. I learn something new every day.

kendallina_x

the beatles= awesome.
this shirt= equally awesome.
:D

i love you for this.

Ms Lolita

smexy.

nuff said.

$5
ok i lied.

dudette3993

Amazaling, yes you even get the extra l.
Beatles = love,
therefore, shirt = kickassness
I'd totally buy that, 5!

WaxedChicken

sandbags look like potatoes to me, but don't know how you could change that with the simplistic kind of drawing style that its in. i like it all together though.

dubbisco

$5 looks great...nice idea...good execution

spaught

$5. love it!

Simon Cowell

The pun isn't bad. The execution is terrible though. This looks like a kid's drawing and that doesn't work for the idea you're going for.

bummersault

for a kid's drawing at least i managed to stay within the lines though.

ahh... really though..

i took the less is more approach. some clearly disapprove. Though I hope that in time my designs will show that this was a thought-out stylistic approach and in no way reflects my actual ability to draw.

especially since i care what "simon" thinks

or, if i'm bored and low on ideas, maybe there will be a much revamped resub of this design one day. we'll see i guess

CheddarHeather

This is a great design...I love the Beatles!! 5$!

hoichi

Are they being attacked by potatoes?

celery

$5

travelbums

awesome! very creative and well executed. I'd buy it.
Can't wait to see more of your designs.

itoldyou

i love the beatles.
i like this shirt.

Maloxx

I am the Walrus. Translation: I missed the scoring deadline by two days. Walruses = Slow.

"Skiing consists of wearing $3,000 worth of clothes and equipment and driving 200 miles in the snow in order to stand around at a bar and drink."
- PJ O'Rourke

No account?
Join Us