Close
One second...

Oh my god, Becky.

• by starr226
  • posted Jun 09, 2007
  • 40 Comments

The bugs outside are in love with the backporch light.

And if that little light is so much bug candy, then the moon must be about the hottest girl around. I couldn't help but wonder if the female lightning bugs are jealous of her magnificence...and if they were, what sort of catty things they must think.

As far as I'm concerned they would reference Sir Mix-A-Lot's beloved hit: Baby Got Back.

Watch this
starr226
starr226 profile pic Alumni

The bugs outside are in love with the backporch light.
And if that little light is so much bug candy, then the moon must be about the hottest girl around. I couldn't help but wonder if the female lightning bugs are jealous of her magnificence...and if they were, what sort of catty things they must think.
As far as I'm concerned they would reference Sir Mix-A-Lot's beloved hit: Baby Got Back.

bexxisfun

haha its so cute.

zzblehh

I love this, but wouldn't the text bubbles, the main joke, get lost on a shirt? I really love this, though.

the jonatron

Without your explanation, this shirt makes no sense whatsoever.

OrangeRadioKitty

I got it without reading the explanation. Although, I didn't think of the back porch light bit, I got it. I think it's funny and cute, but I think the moon might look better in a bluey-silver-white color instead of the tanish. I don't think it would clash as much with the glow color.

katytse

it's so cute, i love it~

j.ayde

i got it. perhaps you have a limited mental capacity jonatron.

whatarebirds

Ack. Did you submit this to critiques?

exin

rofl. I still get a kick out of this.
Although, after reading your explanation.. I didn't realize the moths were talking about the moon.. I thought they were talking about that moth up in the top right. X:

timadd

I completely got all of it. I must be a genius! Yay. Anyways, this is really awesome and I love it, but yeah, no onewill be able to read it that small so basically it's like wearing a moon on your tee. I wish there was a way to portray this cause it's super funny, but it feels more like something on a comic strip than a tshirt.

starr226
starr226 profile pic Alumni

timadd, you must indeed be a genius. i worked at 13 x 13, the text will be more than readable, I promise.

chellefish

A porch light instead of a moon would be a 5 for sure! Cause it would make more sense.

lenoircouture

my name is becky so i was like wtf the tshirt is calling me

matt_knaack

Cool shirt, but if someone asked you about it, you gots some splaining to do.

Plaidducttaper

Bugs mate every time there is a full moon so they go to porch lights at night to mate because they think the light it the moon.

Miszy

its easy to understand in my eyes. you'd have to know the song. who doesnt? its like a classic.. i love this shirt.

badmuffin

That's actually pretty damn cute, but it would take a lot of explaning.

apartment223

wow this is tho intelligent! 5$ needs no explanation to me!

iguanabanana

i didnt get it till i read your explanation. maybe you could include it somewhere on the shirt haha

theolive

1) That definitely doesn't need explaining.
2) The small text is nice because big text would get dirty looks from passerby with children.
3) Seriously, who doesn't want a giant picture of the moon on their shirt?
4) Jokes don't have to be gotten by everyone in the first 5 seconds to be totally awesome. As this shirt is.

xxxrawkstarrxxx

yeah somehow you need to get that point acroos. thats a lot of explaining for one little shirt.

Mammoth82

its nice, but the text is a bit two small

crunchygirl

Funneeee. I got it immediately. Plus I love it 'cuz my name is Becky too.

crunchygirl

But I think your moon should be a cooler, rather than warm, color.

dramaxx

it's a funny shirt, but if you are talking about a porch light, then there shouldn't be a moon. instead, replace the moon with a porch light, or change your story. moths aren't attracted to moonlight.

minxorjinx

my anaconda don't want none unless you got bunz hun!

way to go starr. you're crazy - your sub is crazy - and i approve.

mojay.

Qwertyblah

Hmmm...I think the moon's a bit big (and maybe not quite the right color? I assumed it was a planet.)
Perhaps if the moon didn't overlap with the bubbles.

sickly

I get it, it's cute!

sneaksytricksy

love this, but switch the placement of the text bubbles so it reads more easily

Simon Cowell

Congratulations.
You took the lyrics to a 15 year old rap song, used them in a different context and placed it on a shirt.
I don't think a lot of people actually like this shirt. They just like that song. And they are saying they like this shirt because it reminds them of the song. Really, the shirt isn't that clever.

kja

Leave the text bubbles. Is Mix-a-Lot on the back or just there to help us understand the concept. I thought it was great.

Paula Abdul

Thanks for explaining that Simon! The colors used are fantastic!

BOOSHI

cute but i'd do without the text. i love it without any wording

great job

escapism

Simon, I like this shirt because it has moths talking about asses.
Nuff said.

+RECONSTRUCT+
+RECONSTRUCT+ profile pic Alumni

I'll go with escapism's statement," I like this shirt because it has moths talking about asses. Nuff said." True dat.

Actually, I don't even think I care for the moon, just the two moths with the speech bubbles would be perfect.

+RECONSTRUCT+
+RECONSTRUCT+ profile pic Alumni

hahah, still cracks me up. Pure bliss.

No account?
Join Us