Close
One second...

^_^

• by J-Ray
  • posted Jun 07, 2007
  • 57 Comments

Some things I use when I'm being crafty... who never imagined the staple remover as some kind of vicious creature?

Submitted for the "Threadless Battles" contest, round one.

Seemed relevant for the EvS loves contest too =)

Watch this
Page:
  1. 1
  2. 2
J-Ray

Some things I use when I'm being crafty... who never imagined the staple remover as some kind of vicious creature?

Submitted for the "Threadless Battles" contest, round one.
Seemed relevant for the EvS loves contest too =)

jillustration
jillustration profile pic Alumni

This is pretty sweet. I love it and would buy it. $5

renfrue
renfrue profile pic Alumni

$5 Now this is sharp

Tepenrod

I like the concept, but don't think it has much to do with the theme. Very creative though. I don't think I would wear it.

Kojima
Kojima profile pic Alumni

Great job.

ohsorachie

ha - the staple remover makes me laugh. :D

piradical

The exacto knife and the tape roll don't really fit with the rest of the design. They're just kind of sitting there, not looking very aquatic.

mllesatine

FABULOUS, love it, would buy it immediately! $5!!!

MelissaMae

I really like the staple remover with the light on the end like the fish.

snarks

AWESOME

evangelinereed

i agree with piradical, but otherwise i love it.

J-Ray

Oh I didn't even realize this was up yet. Thanks for the notification, Threadless! haha

The tape is supposed to be a whale.. But it's about using your imagination so you see what you see.

J-Ray

OH BTW as for the theme, I see the box cutter as a shark, and it's about prey-vs-predator, hence it's relevant.

Jemae
Jemae profile pic Alumni

great job J-Ray! intersting design n i like it! 5%! =)

alconic

well done!
maybe the cutter needs more detail and a more 3d because it seems too flat

slmstanley

The staple remover lantern fish makes the whole design. ::chuckle::

BonniePayton

It would be cool if it were something like "I swim with scissors," (similar to "I run with scissors). Also, make it a bit more aquatic.

lostsynapse

is the tape dispenser a nautilus?

whatarebirds

Tape dispenser nautilis and a more sharky box cutter would make this a winner.

lyrablackheart

I think there needs to be a hint of environment. Right now everything is sort of floating out in space, and it's hard to grasp the concept. Love the staple remover, though!

Dark_Neko

cute idea! i'd buy it :D

jogale

i actually have a problem with the composition, but i like the concept

deewill24

space!!! nice..

Andorra

I love the angler fish staple remover :)

FRICKINAWESOME
FRICKINAWESOME profile pic Alumni
1 design submitted -

piradical on Jun 08 '07
The exacto knife and the tape roll don't really fit with the rest of the design. They're just kind of sitting there, not looking very aquatic.

I agree. I really like the school of scissors and the stapler fish, butboth the tape dispenser and the exacto knife need this sort of creative license tkaen with their forms a bit to get point across. Maybe a sharpie can be floating at the bottom of the "sea" and used to make a shark face not unlike one of those WWII plane drawing on the edge of it. to make the tape more like a whale, you might want to have the top of the water, and water spouting out of its blowhole. This is such a good idea J-Ray, I'm just suprised at how unfinished it looks coming from you. Fix this bad boy up and i'll 4$ or 5$ it for sure!

icebar

This is such a good idea J-Ray, I'm just suprised at how unfinished it looks coming from you.

he started it like the day before the deadline of his contest..

did you know this is one of the top subs in the "popular" tab in the forum?

icebar

oh right and i shall give this... $4.

FRICKINAWESOME
FRICKINAWESOME profile pic Alumni
1 design submitted -

That's nice icebar. Both of those facts have no bearing on anything i stated. lol.

icebar

well sawwwry

J-Ray

Yeah FA, appreciate your comments as always. I didn't have much time to finish this, with work and volleyball tournaments and everything going on., in time for the deadline.. I'd hate to disqualify myself! :P

Commodore

I'm in love with this idea. I would put some water squirting out the top of the tape and maybe something triangular for a fin on the box cutter, just to make everything more identifiable. I'll let you figure out exactly what, as the artist.

knight of the garter

love the scissor school and the staple remover
if this doesn't win, please please please work on the tape roll and exacto knife and resub

bluepeacechick

really good idea, but maybe try to do more with combining items to make fish, the staple remover and paper clip at the bottom is AWESOME!

darkshines

The tape dispenser looks like a nautilus! Or a squid! If you had a long piece of tape hanging out, you could spilt it and make it look like tentacles!

alibear167

I agree with Commodore. A little squirting water for the tape and a fin for the razor.

plaid-duckie

i used to stick googly eyes to all my tools and pretend they were monsters...hehehe $5

staffell
staffell profile pic Alumni

but the tape is supposed to be a mollusc, so what's the point of having water squirting out of it?

viddee

I think it needs a little more context. It took me a while to figure out that it had un underwater theme. Maybe some larger bubbles... or something. $4

GiBleuUp

it's a bit plain. there's close to nothing going on. i didn't even know the exacto knife was supposed to be a shark. the tape does sorta look like a whale but only after you pointed that out. the only thing i like about this is the stapler remover. the other objects are just that, objects. they have no fish qualities so it looks like random stuff on a shirt.

but i do love that stapler remover ::sigh::

NellieM

i agree with darkshines! i love this design but the tape dispencer and exacto just need a bit more...fishyness, thats all, love it though!

BrandonB11

idk what it is about this... but it seems real peaceful and serene to me... looks good on a shirt

takeit

Good work !

blamemyself

i like it and think it's cute, but it really has no relevance to the eagle vs. shark theme. hate to break it to you, but "prey vs. predator" is not really a theme of the movie. great design though.

Page:
  1. 1
  2. 2
No account?
Join Us