Close
One second...

An Englishman's Home...

• by aled
  • posted Jun 03, 2007
  • 74 Comments

I wasn't going to crit this one, but I thought I might as well before I sub it - It works on any dark colour, and on any of the colours used in the design, but I wanted to go for a bold primary colours on black look.

Watch this
Page:
  1. 1
  2. 2
aled
aled profile pic Alumni

I wasn't going to crit this one, but I thought I might as well before I sub it - It works on any dark colour, and on any of the colours used in the design, but I wanted to go for a bold primary colours on black look.

travioli

Hahahah! I did not immediately recognize this as your style but is indeed a great idea.

speedyjvw
speedyjvw profile pic Alumni

ha
well done bro

maybe some alt colors for the moon bounce thing?
i like it on the black

sometimessane

i like the idea but i'm not the biggest fan of the colours...but that might just be me.

aled
aled profile pic Alumni

This is why I thought the crit was necessary! Back in a tick with alt colours.

hippozzz

The black vs. the primary colors hurts my eyes. Cool idea, though. A bit of work on the colors.

travioli

I'm just throwin this out there, don't even know if this is a good idea or not, but maybe you could have a long line of little kids who look like they are becoming impatient or something.

sometimessane

the reflection off of the knights armor is pretty nifty :)

icebar

this is awesome... very original and the colors make me happy

aled
aled profile pic Alumni

I'm just gonna do a few more

aled
aled profile pic Alumni

PS: Top right is the paler version - no so painful on the eye.

travioli

Looks really good on maroon.

sometimessane

maroon is a winner!

much better with the paler colours.

aled
aled profile pic Alumni

Ok. Thanks guys. If I have a couple more positive responses with maroon, then I'll run with that.

Kizule

Hmm. I like the grey and the blue best, personally...

sometimessane

to be honest i like all of the colours you've provided except for the grey.

the maroon and green are my favourite so far.

Sparra

Oh for goodness sake! Bouncy castles come in primary colours because they are for kids, little kids And it's a modern thing all plastic and shiny.A mans home is his castle is a much older concept. That's why it works...it's called juxtaposition! THINK people! One thing though, bouncing on plastic in heavy armoutris likely to puncture it so maybe you might want to have an impression of that and the thing deflating. That make it ironic!

sometimessane

calm down now it's ok no need to get over excited.

Sparra

Opps...that should have read 'heavy armour'

NThisStyle_10_6

I like this a lot, but I really think that it works best on the original black. The other colors make the things run together a bit, and make my eyes hurt.

Great idea, though.

aled
aled profile pic Alumni

Thanks everyone. Some people like the black, so how about I make that the second shirt option with the slightly richer colours?

Cheers.

PS: Shadows added and other bits tweaked.

aled
aled profile pic Alumni

From what Joe said - 'Bouncy Castles' don't seem to be all that prevelant in the States? Is this right? They're a childhood staple in Blighty.

aled
aled profile pic Alumni

Oi!

wolnutz

I'm in New York, and we had one at my school last year. Everyone knows what they are. I don't know who'd think they weren't popular here. (Unless my state's a weird exception.)

wolnutz

Anyway, I'm not crazy about the maroon. I liked the pastel colors more. But that might be me.

schleb

I'm in California, and everyone knows what they are here too.

travioli

Horay! Maroon!

LetterGhost

this is wonderful, I love it. The added shadows really help out the left figure, now he really looks like he's bouncing and not just getting ready to jump. I like the burgundy and the green shirts.

speedyjvw
speedyjvw profile pic Alumni

nah we see them all the time
they arent always necessarily a castle though
im sure people will know exactly what it is

i love the scarlet, i think this is pretty much ready

victimofopportunity

In Alabama, everyone knows what they are...

I'm pretty sure everyone state-side knows what they are.

hippozzz

Submit this one.

Thanks for changing it off the black.

dolbert

I like the yellow and white ones. I don't like how the guy on the right is missing an arm.

aled
aled profile pic Alumni

I guess you mean the guy on the left. The arm is in the symetrically identical position to the other, so - obviously is behind his body from this angle.

I think I'm subbing the maroon. It's my personal fav.

Cheers all.

harpo25
harpo25 profile pic Alumni

pretty sweet
but I'd love to see some more details
or smaller scaled on shirt

naisatoh

It's a great concept, and I love your work.. I just don't know about the execution here.

itsmeriz

Make dents in the cattle maybe have one actually steping on it. You need to show some sorta movement. The knights look like their floating.

idiophonebox

It really does look like the one on the left is missing an arm. I don't think his body is angled enough not to see it.

icebar

especially during graduation, everyone here is familiar with moonwalks.
is he supposed to be missing an arm? it's distracting and i'd like it better if he had two.

icebar

...two that were visible

katieroz

awesome.

nice addition with the shadows.

sometimessane

the final product is awesome. very nice!

13strong

fatheed - if this is still open to suggestions. It would be cool if you pictured their metal shoes on the ground outside the bouncy castle - like they had to take their shoes off before they could get on. You could also have a pile of pointy weapons on the ground next to the castle.

Just a suggestion - another nice design though. Cool.

aled
aled profile pic Alumni

Cheers guys. I'm leaving this one for a while and may come back to it later. :-)

FRICKINAWESOME
FRICKINAWESOME profile pic Alumni

What 13strong just said....all of it YES! Knights with their shoes off is amazing!

FRICKINAWESOME
FRICKINAWESOME profile pic Alumni

Maybe even a bunch of bored modern-day kids in the foreground beyond the yellow lip, sitting on the ground bored out of their minds that the medieval knoghts have taken over the castle.

sometimessane

that would be cool but might require more than 5 colours

kissmeimshitfaced

I don't get the title but other than that I like it.

tazara

Great! v4 is best.

slmstanley

The left-hand knight looks as though he's lost an arm. I also much prefer the brighter colors to the more washed-out tints. That said, this is a great design, and I'd buy more than one.

Page:
  1. 1
  2. 2
No account?
Join Us