Close
One second...

Evolution of Man

• by regiddur
  • posted Jun 01, 2007
  • 30 Comments

As taught in high school science classes all over the world.

Watch this
regiddur

As taught in high school science classes all over the world.

a for incredible

this is cool, but it would be even awesomer if they were walking in a line like the traditional evolution chart.

then the robo sapien mechanicalis could be doing the robot or something.

$5

cheezee

riffing on the evolution of man is a tired concept. it's been done eighty hojillion times. nice illustration though!

madruga

I can't see robots anymore!

jaz853

I agree with AFI, and I think robo sapien should be all robot or a robot with human features. Half robot/half human literally doesn't work for me. Love the concept though.

SinisterNights

I think the "human evolution" on the bottom should be taken out and also the robo-human is a little too much robo for me. He should just be like robo-cop!

mj00
mj00 profile pic Alumni

I like this idea, but not the execution. I'd like to see the robot guy looking at a museum exhibit of evolution that the other three are in (the homo sapien guy could even be a real guy instead of a mannequin like the others). Awesome drawing skills, tho :)

livodl

Also, human are Homo SapienS, not Homo Sapien.

PLEASE, don't have it be the walking-in-a-line evolution thing. That is just so very dead.
This is a neat shirt, I like your drawing style.

mj00
mj00 profile pic Alumni

foxmo, neanderthals are a separate branch on the evolutionary tree.

regiddur

I agree with 3664, the standard evolution drawing is pretty played out. By just drawing the heads, I get to focus on the facial details and the varying degrees of similarities and differences throughout the four of them.

THEY

I like your illustration style. It reminds me of Frank Miller & Lynn Varley's work.

FRICKINAWESOME
FRICKINAWESOME profile pic Alumni

I think the illo's are good enough and the idea is strong enough without any need for the sloppy writing at all. A 3 for no text....and im a text junkie.

Nt3N

it's written SAPIENS, not SAPIEN

/n.

iguanabanana

i love your style. this is great. don't change a thing.

(except add the s maybe)

plouffeee

love it. on gold the best. and dont listen to the line of evolution comments. thats way overplayed.

barriebarrie

mjoo's ideas are always awesome! But, don't rule out Neanderthal/Human crossbreeding quite so quickly Now there's a shirt idea for someone ;-)

ziggzagg

yeah.. Neanderthals aren’t in the human evolutionary tree. They coexisted with early humanoids, but were out competed..
not digging the continuation of misinformation about evolution this shirt promotes

swing theory

neanderthals didn't have chins

horror

put homo right next to the next word or use a - or else it looks bad.

steviec

I prefer homo erectus.

erin_everlasting

mhmm. make it linear perhaps. the ideas dont flow as well this way.

No account?
Join Us