Close
One second...

Come on Threadless...

• by rotang
  • posted May 28, 2007
  • 27 Comments

Come on Threadless, this type of shirt you could find ANYWHERE! Zellers, Walmart, Randy River, Stitches, you name it. I don't like this print. You know why. It's so generic. It's too generic. I love Threadless because of it's originality and I was horribly disappointed when I saw this printed. But, I could foresee this happening with everyone wetting themselves over this when it was getting scored and that's why it got printed I guess, since in the end, the $$$ is the most important thing. It just makes me really sad to see SO many designs that were SO much more creative, thoughtful and original lose to something like this.

Watch this
drmtama2

that's why believe it or not .... you don't have to buy it... and guess what else... you save some money... now everybody say Y-E-A-H!

Branstone

I like how you transitioned from "this shirt is too generic" to "$$$ is the most important thing!!1"

All I'll say is if you're unhappy with a design, then vote it accordingly. It seems you're in the minority in this case.

BrandonB11

what the fuck are you talking about? show me one shirt that looks exactly like this.

also you have a brand new account so how do you know what threadless prints?

A-Ho

sorry people are attacking you on this...its your blog...why shouldnt you get to say what you want there not just score something ~shrug~ say what you like here thats the whole point...

you can know what threadless prints as you might be like me and a fan of the site long before you signed up...maybe you got friends to order tees like i did...so really that comment was kind of ridiculous.

in any event, speak your mind, enjoy the site :D

A-Ho

sorry people are attacking you on this...its your blog...why shouldnt you get to say what you want there not just score something ~shrug~ say what you like here thats the whole point...

you can know what threadless prints as you might be like me and a fan of the site long before you signed up...maybe you got friends to order tees like i did...so really that comment was kind of ridiculous.

threadlessisgay

I'd just like to point something out here

"also you have a brand new account so how do you know what threadless prints?"

It's called lurking, moron. Welcome to the internet.

Ikarusmyancestor

I don't care if you can find it somewhere else.
I want it.
It's on Threadless.
It's on Sale for less than I'd pay somewhere else.
Do the math

stubbythumbs

nice username^ i think we can all agree on that.

i disagree that this shirt is unoriginal. it is the extremely high quality and slighly humorous over-the-top execution that makes this design so great.

Branstone

I just wish I knew what size in the zip-up to purchase. :( I'm on a precipice between a small and a medium right now. (I'm reasonably tall with long arms)

Nathaivel

I agree. It looks like a wal-mart special.

I fear we may get all the mediocre shirts over the summer sale thing... But hey, I get lower prices on the good ones not sold out! =)

cliffdogg

Hey! I work at Zellers. It sucks.

The Crackers

A-Ho on May 28 '07 at 2:20pm

these types of comments completely annoy me

you're saying that it's bad that we're attacking him/her for having an opinion.

what hypocrisy.

you're attacking us for having an opinion on his/her opinion.

we're also voicing out what we believe in.

so stop bitching about people commenting on blogs, in which the blogs themselves are bitching about something.

Grow the fuck up.

drewski916

this shirt would have been cool like 10 years ago, but it's weak and too trendy

Conjure

so when did wal-mart buy up threadless? no offence to the artist, but this looks like those shirts that you see ritilin-popping fifth graders wearing while they play yu-gi-oh.

elixireleven

crunches ritalin Suits me just fine. sniffs heartily

victimofopportunity

*starts a slow clap for vlad (the crackers)

but ya know rotang, I have a feeling no one really cares. It's printed, done is done. Just LET IT GO. Kay? Okay.

Skipper6745
Skipper6745 profile pic Alumni

Hah. This blog is humourous.

One print on one day of the week that you do not approve of does not declare the downfall of Threadless.

I'm sure you'll like something in the coming weeks.

123_mike

I think the downfall of threadless has been ongoing for many months. I'm finding less and less shirts that I would spend 15 or 10 bucks on. I'm seeing more artsy type shirts and ones that are maybe clever, but nothing that says "BUY ME!"

Just my opinion though.

X-Raytedvision

I'm sorry but to attack someone saying "it's printed let it go" fuck that, if I don't like something I'm going to say so, why should I have to keep my mouth shut? To bitch about the blog is quite rediculous, tell them why you don't agree not why you think they shouldn't have an oppinion. It's true, the first thing I said when I saw this, was 'Randy River'

just my oppinion though
(P.S. tag teaming someone is SO cool, I think I heard one valid reasponce to this blog)

takhay

Haha, Skipper's right! This blog's hilarious! Waaay too much controversy over a shirt... ^_^

numby

Ummm The Crackers your bitch'n about someone bitch'n about someone bitch'n about someone bitch'n. lol. Your a hyprocite too.
And now since I bitched about your bitch'n... lol

The shrit is very subtle. Seems to me to be make'n fun of generic shirts. Course by the nature of its parody the shirt itself is generic. Which, is annoying. That and I like dragons better than skeletons. The dragon should be chomp'n down on the skele. lol

Junk-wa

this shirt is freaking BA

drunkredneck45

I've seen shirts like this in top shop with a Chinese dragon on. i've seen shirts like this in Tesco (Tesco is like wal-mart here in the uk) with a skeleton on.

but this shirt has a dragon and a skeleton and a sword. threadless WINS!

trendwhore

You are entitled to your opinon but it looks like guys liked it atleast. Its sold out. I bought it. The thing with a lot of threadless shirts for me, and this is just my opinon is they are to kiddie. The fruit and veggie shirts, or robots, or goofy ass looking monsters. Thats the beauty of threadless though, It appeals to everyone. I may be into the artsy type shirts. or the more trendy shit, but like the man said you don't have to buy it, Spend your money on something else. But hey thats just my opinon.

Also, i hardly think its a walmart shirt.

smurfconfusion

if this is the prqual, then whys the next one so different from it?

t shirts are cool

I AM SO WITH YOU!! its true this design is a mash of lines and curves and there isnt really anything to stick in your mind. Its just a shirt. I have only been a member for like a month, and when i look throught the whole catalog the first time i saw some gold. i say reprint the lot. but latly i have been seeing designs winning that arnt that different. They are generic as you say. never mind the bottom line is people voted for it so they got it.

No account?
Join Us