Close
One second...

Violent video games made me do it

Ok, now here' my take on the whole "Violent video games made him do that" stuff.

I believe that although video games can be violent, they have no part in a persons actions. If a guy does something horrible, a game didn't teach him how to kill. That guy is just messed up in the head. Or the people just want to find a scapegoat and blame the problem on something else.

Looking at it from a different (more comic-bookish) point of view, the only way a "Violent Video Game" could make you do something is if they actually blackmailed you of beat you up to make you do what they want.

Hope you guys get where I'm goin' with this.

Watch this
Page:
  1. 1
  2. 2
Splashed Ink
Splashed Ink profile pic Alumni

Ok, now here' my take on the whole "Violent video games made him do that" stuff.

I believe that although video games can be violent, they have no part in a persons actions. If a guy does something horrible, a game didn't teach him how to kill. That guy is just messed up in the head. Or the people just want to find a scapegoat and blame the problem on something else.

Looking at it from a different (more comic-bookish) point of view, the only way a "Violent Video Game" could make you do something is if they actually blackmailed you of beat you up to make you do what they want.

Hope you guys get where I'm goin' with this.

aesqe

love the illustration, but i'm not sure about the text... i'm pretty sure i'd buy it without the text :)

CorinneRae

why just pick on nintendo... :)

ardaigle

Definitely take the text out, and I'd buy it.

ZombieFood

I agree with the above...delete the text...the image is great by itself...

Candiru

4mAziNg

oh isuzu...

i love it with the text. =]

zegodead

darky!

rikimaru1

I think the text should stay... it just looks like Nintendo cartridges themselves are beating some random person with out it. Good design tho.

BoyBlue

Jack Thompson would so wear that shirt... I hate him...

Ackdon

Im lovin the concept but you should take out the word violent ..thus itll be easier to word n make people think about it n make it a topic of conversation 5

dandywarhols

I agree with Ackdon. It should just say "Video Games Made Me Do It." Otherwise, it's great. I give it a 4.

Jason B

the text is money... best shirt ive seen so far. love the cynicism

femalepharoe

I dont like the color, but i love the illustration and concept.
as far as the text
it could say "video games made me do it"
or simply
"they made me do it"

dharmajean

I agree, "they made me do it" is best.

Sepukku

looks good just the way it is, keep the text

ottr

Just "video games made me do it" and I'd buy it.

matchxcore

haha that made me laugh out loud.

nice job.

ajsolid84

I think it's cute, just don't like the way it is rendered. I do like the drawing style, though. Just not the colors, typeface, and brushed background layer.

trancedoutbalob

pick on counter strike. =)

Awesome design, but I try not to believe in it ;l

Nimeah

Awesome design. definitly a 5. I believe most gamers will give it a 5. I completely agree with you about how people blame video games for their or others actions. If forms of media cause us to act out the way we do, then why doesn't Japan have more violence then America, when Japan has some of the most violent media out there. Look at their video games and especially their manga.

JackOfSpades

Some people don't understand the joke...keep the text the way it is

BlameTheSuburbs
BlameTheSuburbs profile pic Alumni

Funny, I wish the colors were a BIT more upbeat and the concept clear enough on its own without text though.

chelly

congrats on not using your sig :D

Splashed Ink
Splashed Ink profile pic Alumni

See, now that I know it'll be on the tag, I'm not going to worry about putting it on my art. :)

stardance

I definitely think the concept needs text and that "they made me do it" is funniest. No complaints otherwise. It's a nice drawing.

kaloyster
kaloyster profile pic Alumni

More colors needed.

And it's best to lose the text.

The Wee Straggler

Heheh. Awesome. Here's a vote for "They made me do it"

Bisparulz
Bisparulz profile pic Alumni

cool 5$

rdpixie

I like it with the text!

luna255

AMAZING.... but no text

joshamman

NES NES NES!

anonymityisbest

ok, that just mad me laugh uncontrolably in class during a lecture......
HAHAHAHAHahhahahahahaha.......nice $5.

sjgrovo

I actually like the text and think that unless your an old school gamer you're not going to realize that those are video games... so keep the text and i buy!

CaptainCoco

I would never wear it myself but I totally know somepeople who would. I like how it looks.

ohmybeth

$5, I love love love it. I'd wear it. it would be fine with or without text.

RobinHood

I wonder if this is at all related to the VA tech shootings or maybe Columbine.

nowaddcolor

I didnt know that there was unwholesome nintendo games, haha, all mine are like Aladin, Mario, racing and Donkey kong games. Really good concept and way to caputer it though. I dig it.

Ellsswhere
Ellsswhere profile pic Alumni

actually there was a nintendo game where the objective was to "button mash" like with the Olympic sports games but you were controlling a guy having sex in different positions.... I wish nintendo would make me do that.

Cantatus

Love it, but wondering if there might need to be more contrast in the colors.

FRICKINAWESOME
FRICKINAWESOME profile pic Alumni

Forget the text...i think everyone who will take the time to look at this shirt will recognize the video game cratridges are doing extremely violent things to an innocent teenager and get the point. The text is just overkill really. Just make the main image bigger and you have my fifteen dollah.

aniki21

Lose the text - it doesn't really make sense in the context. The games are being violent to the kid in the image, rather than making him be violent.

I like the image a lot.

lilyiris

i like the image too and agree with this person above me about the text. Image is GREAT, though.... woohooo gamers

TritoneXX

HA, I LOVE THIS~~~

IT WAS THE VIDEOGAMES, I SWEAR~~~

$5

thecat16

Uhm... how about in gray/slate?

Summer is comming up and some of us, like me, do go outside and a black shirt in the the sun heats up fast.

Love the design but I'll agree with the rest in that the text as it is must either change or be removed.

SuperPope

What an incredible design. I would soooooooooooo buy it, but the text has to go. It actually says more without it. Just the awesome illo, please!

crasian09

definitely no text and slate gray. after that i'm all over this one.

teechers_pet

It's nothing without the text! Gosh, you people don't get it.

fresiannie

i like the text
i'd wear it!

nice
5$

Page:
  1. 1
  2. 2
No account?