Close
One second...

What building is on the ship?

I'm sorry if its a rediculous question, but I feel like I should know if it is a specific one before I buy it.

Thank you for (hopefully) not making fun of my stupidity.

-Megan=-)

Watch this
phillyphobic

Don't worry I'm stumped too. FYI *ridiculous.

ArsMoriendi

its that building in Venice, where the old king lived, the name escapes me tho =P

karm

Versailles?

karm

Wow, I misread "Venice" as "Paris". Smoooth.

eftsoons

@ ArsMoriendi - the Ducal Palace? Doesn't really look like it to me, but can't think what it is if it's based on a real building.

jeffandv

It's the National Theatre in Prague...except for the top, which is from the National Museum (also Prague). Two magnificent buildings on one great shirt.

kalakahara

Ok...so I thought the deeper meaning was supposed to be the ship of religion?

The prodestant reformation is sometimes called the magisterial reformation, and I assumed that the building on the boat was something to do with wesleys 95, and the wittenberg castle?

Apparenly i'm wrong. Then what is the hidden meaning?

-Megan=-)

anatesape

why was this shirt printed? I am sorry to sound rude (it is late for me) but there are alot of awesome shirts that were better than this. Maybe I just don't get it...

le_hell
le_hell profile pic Alumni

there are actually two buildings, both of them from Prague, the national theater and the national museum

le_hell
le_hell profile pic Alumni

oh i didnt notice jeffandy's comment

bananaphone
bananaphone profile pic Alumni

"why was this shirt printed? I am sorry to sound rude (it is late for me) but there are alot of awesome shirts that were better than this. Maybe I just don't get it..."

gee, maybe it's something called diversity, variety, you buttmunch.

threadbear06

the word magisterial means pride or of arrogance. i think that the shirt is meant to be a critique on those that try to build palaces on the sea with multimillion dollar yachts. hubris + excess = baaadd!

seraphim17

I don't really care what it means or why it's here or the meaning of life or whatever.....I'm just impressed that people could identify the building(s). I'm pretty much with threadbear on the meaning though. I dunno, I like it....

Chicagrl8

OH! I knew the building (or buildings, apparently) looked familiar! I went to Prague a few years ago, and it is GORGEOUS!
Now I'm pretty much definitely getting this shirt. Thanks to Megan for asking about it, and everyone for answering her. : )

No account?
Join Us