Close
One second...

THE WORLD OF D3D

D3D is someone who consistantly produces crisp and clean designs. some have argued that his designs are too over-produced and have a coloring book feel to them. others, myself included, claim genius. i believe that D3D is one of threadless' finest and most underrated artists. i think behind GLENNZ and TOMBURNS, D3D is the third best designer on threadless. why isn't he being printed?

let's all give D3D a hand for producing some really great artwork. he's got genuine talent.

Watch this
Page:
  1. 1
  2. 2
Tonteau
Tonteau profile pic Alumni

He's been printed a few times.

Torakamikaze
Torakamikaze profile pic Alumni

he just had a 12 club print recently i believe

nevertheless, he is indeed a wonderful designer

LesterF

why wasn't the 12 month available for as a regular shirt? doesn't threadless want to make as much money as they can?

Kojima
Kojima profile pic Alumni

They can make money from 12 month club subscriptions too.

Tonteau
Tonteau profile pic Alumni

^^Exactly. People see lovely 12 month club shirts and decide they should give it a go. I'm pretty sure threadless know what they're doing.

chelly

holy crap. it isn't a blog about glennz or women designers!

i love d3d's work.

MissThreadless

D3D is a threadless powerhouse and one of the few that doesnt trace! keep it up d3d

adam antium
adam antium profile pic Alumni

he's been printed 3, two on regular comp and one on 12month club.
he deserves much more than 3 prints imo.
he's a fucking great artist.
beside a great friend

J-Ray

"Why isn't he being printed?" is not the same question as "Why hasn't he been printed."

Silly bloggers.

spires
spires profile pic Alumni

I hate how they refuse to print his signiture style. He is one of threadless' best.

Bramish
Bramish profile pic Alumni

Yeah, three prints is not enough. He and Glennz have similar styles but I think d3d has more visually interesting designs. I can't understand why he's not as popular with the powers that be at Threadless as Glennz, and indeed, other designers are.

ISABOA
ISABOA profile pic Alumni

LesterF

i really think GLENNZ and D3D should collaborate on a design and the add a dash of TOMBURNS in there. it would probably be the highest grossing print in the history of threadless.

J-Ray

GlenDurnnz3D

LesterF

i can only imagine what the 3 of them would come up with

J-Ray

I think we'll have to!

LesterF

3 heads are better than one, and with GLENNZ in charge you know that you'd wind up with something really spectacular.

LesterF

i'm telling you j-ray, i think i'm on to something here

LesterF

this is one of D3D's funniest to date. it's so wrong the way he portrays Puerto Ricans, but it's that kind of shock value that makes it so funny. plus the artwork and colors are really phenomonal...

J-Ray

I like Tom Burns traced work the most.

speedyjvw
speedyjvw profile pic Alumni

who says that those are puerto ricans?

MissThreadless

i think if you trace and get printed, you should only get half the prize

MissThreadless

yeah, i think i heard they are puerto ricans too...kind of wrong

LesterF

speedyjvw, wake up man. look at the skin tone. they're clearly puerto ricans.

MissThreadless

i dont get why they are picking through trash

LesterF

missthreadless, just lighten up alright?

tesco
tesco profile pic Alumni

excellent work lester

MissThreadless

hey, im a huge d3d fan but why are these puerto ricans 10 feet tall?

LesterF

i think D3D made them tall like that just to make them even more savage than puerto ricans are already. it's really a strong sub. i hope it's printed on hoodies.

tesco
tesco profile pic Alumni

fghddfhaha

J-Ray

Wow nice pic Canadianbeaver! I suddenly have the urge to $5 you hahahah.

MissThreadless

I had a a puerto rican friend in 2nd grade and she was very nice, i wouldnt call her a savage

LesterF

if puerto ricans aren't savages, then why were they isolated from the main lands on that island? these things happen for a reason. let's not get into this. this is supposed to be about D3D

Monkey III
Monkey III profile pic Alumni

wow -- aren't you the fanboy

J-Ray

I am hoping that one day LesterF will post a blog about me! Until then I can only keep improving and nipping at the heels of Glennz and d3d.

tesco
tesco profile pic Alumni

I want to discuss whether puerto ricans are savages or not. shall I start another thread?

LesterF

tesco, a new thread is always welcome

MissThreadless

jray...you have t have greatness tobe blogged about

J-Ray

There is no rule against posting a racist blog, tesco!

MissThreadless

you know whoi think is a savage..canadianbeaver...she's got a mouth like a truck driver

ninja.bassist

d3d had an awesome art style. I wish I could draw as well as him.

J-Ray

Speaking of tracing, I've done a lot of drawing in my sketchbook but I'm not sure how to turn them into shirt designs without tracing. Any ideas, MissThreadless?

MissThreadless

I see nothing wrong with tracing your own drawing, but if you want a good design, you might want to try tracing someone elses drawing

tesco
tesco profile pic Alumni

oh snap flame war

Page:
  1. 1
  2. 2
No account?
Join Us