Close
One second...

See the Sea

Two colors on heather, coral or teal. Five colors on jade. I know heather is a hard sell, but I love the contrast of black & white over the texture of the grey.

I thought this was a really cool Loves theme with tons of narrative possibility. I gave the woman some art deco styling in the form of a wavy bob and a deco/WWII skirt ensemble. I apologize for the poor image quality and tiny pics. Visit my blog for close-ups and color options.

Also look for the little anchor pin she's wearing on her blouse. http://www.threadless.com/profile/409227/rathergreen/blog/206717/See_the_Sea_sub_detail

Watch this
Page:
  1. 1
  2. 2
rathergreen

Two colors on heather, coral or teal. Five colors on jade. I know heather is a hard sell, but I love the contrast of black & white over the texture of the grey.

I thought this was a really cool Loves theme with tons of narrative possibility. I gave the woman some art deco styling in the form of a wavy bob and a deco/WWII skirt ensemble. I apologize for the poor image quality and tiny pics. Visit my blog for close-ups and color options.

Also look for the little anchor pin she's wearing on her blouse. http://www.threadless.com/profile/409227/rathergreen/blog/206717/See_the_Sea_sub_detail

Olivia Rival

I love it, especially on coral.

potatoesrus

i would totally buy it on jade, really stunning

Kojima
Kojima profile pic Alumni

nice on blue or heather gray

Trouton

Amazing! Great work!

maximusrex

huh! The art is better than the contest.

vixyish

This is fantastic, and a nicely original take on the theme, too. If it doesn't win Bioshock, I hope it gets printed as a regular tee-- it has such great narrative possibilities of its own.

Especially love the way you've done the water. The whole thing is very graphic novel-y.

Iheartgus

i think it's really good too. I agree that this art transcends the contest.

Robsoul
Robsoul profile pic Alumni

Lovely composition and illustration, especially that water and the banner/scarf. Ace work.

amaliaslash

this illustration is full of simple greatness. my top two favorites are the coral and jade, which you've conveniently placed at the top...but i like all of them, too.

rathergreen

Thank you so much for the great feedback so far. In the beginning, the water was a bit of a struggle to take from reference photo to illustration. I eventually found a great drawing to use as reference for the style. I found inspiration in a lot of different things - graphic novels (mentioned above), Huebucket for the flowing scarves, deco architecture for the cliff.

artbrains

ooh,...nice vintagey creepy feel...

CA3pi14

i love this! and i love it on heather... definitely $5

Edword
Edword profile pic Alumni

so cool!

squintygirl

The style of this is lovely.

welshalex

Gorgeous,I love it on the teal or heather.

nonolarson
nonolarson profile pic Alumni

Nice. Like it on coral.

dacat
dacat profile pic Alumni

Simple and elegant!

LauraJerry

I love this! This is truly art, and not only that, it's art I would wear. If you don't win for Bioshock, you should re-submit for a regular Tee.

kiches

Very nice, the dark green is my favorite.

eraseyourname

I love this design- it's a nice contrast to all of the girl/bubble head monster designs that most have submitted to the contest. You definitly deserve to win. $5 times a bazillion. :D

dweebulous

i love the white on the waves. $5 on grey.

pickledbib

great style... and something a little different for the comp. on jade. v.cool

gerbera.daisies

this design is gorgeous. definitely love the contrast with the black/white/heather. $5

nathanielw

Not only is this amazing work, it's one of the few designs in the contest that speaks directly to the theme without using imagery from the game, or monsters, underwater, etc. It's a very unique interpretation. It's spot on for the theme, and amazing on its own. 5$

Carthage

yay, it's up! you know i love this one 5$

SuperAgentGirl

Very cool. Not my thing, but so amazing!

herky
herky profile pic Alumni

great illustration and large side placement, I love the way you rendered the cliff and ocean/waves.

OlliRudi
OlliRudi profile pic Alumni

i like it on heather...the grayscale lends it an air of old school drama, like a frame from an old B/W surrealist film. good work, $5

descartes

the small pictures are deceiving... look at the large images they're much better. I like it on jade the best.

rathergreen

So many subs in the running right now! Thank you for taking the time to vote and comment - I really appreciate it. Keep it coming.

StrayGhostie

this is actually my favorite for this comp so far! i love it!

LeRoi

Why centered? Make it in the corner.

pixievix

That's really beautiful--especially on green. Lovely & eerie. Plus it works if you know nothing about the game but just want an arresting shirt.

lemonalle

That is really lovely. And scary!

Odelay

I love this on the green.

manskull

One of the best designs I've seen here. Keep it up. 5$

Fletcher Fashion

This is by far y favorite design I have ever seen on this website.
$5.

Fen
Fen profile pic Alumni

unpretentiously beautiful.

blossompossum

I'm thinking of that song "Carrion" right now. If you know the lyrics, you'd know what I mean.

And I really, really want this to be printed!

DelicateBalance

I want this shirt soooooooooooooooooooooo bad the best I've seen here! I think I like the green the best, but, I would would buy the blue if her body was skin colored and the clothes where a different shade of blue than the background. No matter what I want this shirt and I want it to be printed.

Page:
  1. 1
  2. 2
No account?
Join Us