One second...

• by skaw
  • posted May 18, 2006
  • 32 Comments

Watch this
theDivineX

come on more comments people!

arethiel

but, if you eat the non-holey part of the cheese, all that is left is the holes.... I think the number of holes in the world is expanding and growing at an amazing rate given the amount of swiss cheese being consumed so that can't be good!

theDivineX

good point, arethiel.

snakesheep

i agree about the holes, but i think there is a sexual connotation there.

staffell

the holes aren't really there, therefore the problems aren't really there. you create them for yourself

theDivineX

oh god. Snakesheep, no there isnt. Just to let you know.

theDivineX

staffell, good point. never thought of it like that.

snakesheep

oh trust me, they are there. ;)

sorry

theDivineX

snakesheep: ok fine maybe thats what you want to think but philosophy is something people believe, right? and so I guess thats fine..

staffell

sexual connotations eh? your profile pic doesn't help with that...

theDivineX

lol well I changed my profile picture. and I dont believe theres sexual connotations, its snakesheep who does so.

snakesheep

i was just teasin ya.

but seriously, does your user name have sexual connotations?

theDivineX

god no. Why do you connect everything with sexual connotations?

theDivineX

ok no ones answering.. what happened?

snakesheep

hehe because today is my birthday, so i'm being more rowdy than usual. carry on with the swiss cheese philosophies. but give some love to provolone every once in a while too.

staffell

she likes her beer flat as can be, her dogs with mustard and relish

staffell

it cant be your birthday today....

snakesheep

that crap under my profile is messed up. refresh the main threadless page till my name shows up if you don't believe me.

abeadles

the holes are caused by air bubbles
so the nothing in our life is contributed by the overflowing of other things

Easy Jack

I love Philosophy and something I'm honestly thinking about minoring in.

Anyways, I think we all have our own little peculiar philosophies towards life or things and experiences within the world around us. So what you had to say, in it's own right wasn't very odd at all. If anything it's uniquely insightful.

As for weird philosophies of my own, I'd say the comparison between the level of satisfaction within a person and the alveolates of a beehive. It's a long one and I'll spare everyone the details by not going any further.

Interesting entry Maryam.

theDivineX

omg I totally forgot about this!

Nat, youve had the most serious thing to say all day I am so relieved lol. Yes I agree we always have our own weird therories and I guess thats good. Lol well Id love to hear the details to your philosophy.

theDivineX

helllooooo people... I guess everyones gone?

theDivineX

ah and happy bday Snakesheep

Easy Jack

Oops, sorry Maryam was browsing around.

Anyways, the philosophy I have is more along the lines of being a metaphorical comparison between the two.

To give you the Cliff Notes version it's like this:

The inner workings of a satisfied person in life is much like the inner workings of a healthy beehive. Each alveolate is well maintained, healthy, and productive in a positive matter to the composition of the whole.

The the opposite spectrum of it there's the unsatisfied person who resembles an unhealthy beehive. The alveolates are hollow and blackened by wear and a decay that spreads.

Basically happiness produces more happiness, while anguish feeds and breeds upon itself.

theDivineX

wow. Thats deep. lol

Easy Jack

Bah, about as deep as a kiddie pool if you ask me.

Thanks though. :)

theDivineX

lol youre welcome. My dad has been pressing me to try PLato. Or plaxo. Or was it plato? SOmething like that. IS he any good of a philosopher?

Easy Jack

Plato is excellent! His works and writings of Socrates are one of the foundations for Western thought and philosophy.

If you're honestly looking into his works I suggest you check out the Dover Thrift Edition of Plato's "The Republic." It's cheap and is one of his more recognized works.

If you ever give him a read let me know what you think and I could recommend more if you like.

theDivineX

Ok I will. Ill look into him as soon as I fnish my other books I am currently working through.

theDivineX

Ok well i g2g folks. Talk to you guys later!
Gnight!

Easy Jack

Take care and good night to you too.

No account?