Close
One second...

Partly Hungry Skies

• by dinho
  • posted Mar 26, 2007
  • 27 Comments

woops i accidentally deleted my v1 critique.. but here's v2!

this one stands out a lot more for sure, plus the cloud is rounder and i added a free drink =)

i like the bluer-blue color better for the shirt, though i still think green may work. what say you!

Watch this
dinho
dinho profile pic Alumni

woops i accidentally deleted my v1 critique.. but here's v2!

this one stands out a lot more for sure, plus the cloud is rounder and i added a free drink =)

i like the bluer-blue color better for the shirt, though i still think green may work. what say you!

Papaprime
Papaprime profile pic Alumni

That's cute, I almost want to see a face on the cloud looking away on the viewer right in shock, suprised he's just been bitten.

That may be overkill for other folks though.

dinho
dinho profile pic Alumni

bump?

insolity

I really wouldn't mind a whole forecast saying the weather is party hungry, cuz otherwise it is just a (very) cute drawing, but i can't think of a subtle way to do it. And I have to buy it either way, because the expression on the sun and they the cloud is pulled into his mouth is perfect.

renfrue
renfrue profile pic Alumni

woop. adorable

Corgbot

Wow I really like it, I love the expression of the sun!

amoania

bendy straw please!

FlicketySplit

the clouds look great and have style and look like you created them (i think because there is variation in the line thickness/quality) but the sun looks sorta lame (no offense!) i think it needs a little work but when it comes out i will give it a $5!

jimography

Love it with the bendy straw

KillBrittany

looooove it.
def go with the bendy straw too.
i like it on the blue shirt.

dinho
dinho profile pic Alumni

Here's a slightly edited version. I added the drop shadow, tweaked the details a little, and experimented with a differently angled straw. I also added a little sunjuice, or whatever you think that is.

yay or nay on the changes? also, im getting the feeling it could use a little more of something if the design is to be worn... like a background pattern or frame or something?

Lily-n-Parker

love the blues...not sure about the droplet, but i'd still buy it anyway...super cute

alittlelawyer

If you decide to do the drop out of the straw, maybe it could be rain. i love the design either way

ninja.bassist

Cool concept. I'd score it highly.

kurukuru78

The droplet just..... AGH. I dunno, it just looks worse with it.

insolity

yeah, I dunno about the shadow, it makes it look too two-dimensional. but it does look nice on the sun.

dinho
dinho profile pic Alumni

i think im pretty much done...

dinho
dinho profile pic Alumni

woops overkilled on the 3rd post

Space Samurai

um im new and i was wondering if we needed to keep the number of colors in our design under five or somthing, and is that why you put thos circles of color there?

alittlelawyer

yeah you need to have five or less colors in your design

dinho
dinho profile pic Alumni

bump for good luck

Xstine

I love this shirt! Sadly, I only discovered it after my size was sold out...hoping for a reprint

No account?
Join Us