Close
One second...

Sock Puppets of the Deep

• by N2O
  • posted Mar 23, 2007
  • 39 Comments

There's more than just Big Daddys in these waters...

Watch this
N2O

There's more than just Big Daddys in these waters...

shesJACK

cute.

vixyish

Heh. My favorite is the one sticking its tongue out.

DrVSP

I like it a lot, but I would like more indication that we're underwater. Atlantis could be any city on land.

crunchygirl

Nice sock puppets - but what is that they're coming out of, if they're already underwater? Is it some sort of reef formation or something? Doesn't really mesh with the city in the background, either.

cluey

sock puppet mania is gripping the world... hehehe

gluetooth

I don't get it....why are sock puppets underwater? why is the city underwater? What does the city have to do with the sock puppets?

azeki

i like it, but a little more indication that the city is under water would be nice. 4

N2O

The city is "Rapture"; this is for the Bioshock competition. "Descent into Rapture", get it?

1stNoel

Cute, I like it.

mmm...steak

i love the sock puppets, but i don't know about the city. maybe if they were on a different shirt i'd like them better.

also, like crunchygirl said, it doesn't seem to make sense about what they're coming out of if they're already underwater.

N2O

Coral rock formation, like where eels hang out.

BoneStorm

I think it should be more apparent they are socks... HAHA damn picky people on here. Slap a dome on the city and be done with it. Excellent work, man.

N2O

Wow, I just watched all of the Bioshock previews/vids again. This game is going to rock!

TopJamen

AAAA! I love it!

ekovach

reminds me of the life aquatic...which is a good thing

FRICKINAWESOME
FRICKINAWESOME profile pic Alumni

dunnno why the submarine reminds me of the schoolhouse rock animation style, which also isn't a bad thing. Having said that, most people won't realize these are sock puppets, but i guess that doesn't matter much. Pretty good.

sweetrhymepurereason

cityscapes. so hot right now. Cute illustration, but the colors need a little more contrast.

aphicia

i think I'd like it better on the bottom of the shirt... other than that, I love it!
$5 definately

alpha-fly

Love it! This is my favorite Bioshock sub so far! 5$

Edword
Edword profile pic Alumni

funny take on the theme. nice spot light effect also:)

Edword
Edword profile pic Alumni

funny take on the theme. nice spot light effect also:)

N2O

Zip Zap Rap! Ha, that's awesome.

suzabee

yeah....needs to be clarified that the scene and city is all underwater.....otherwise it looks likea tsunami of snake things...not so cool at this point in time/history.

alpha-fly

It's all dark blue; it looks under water to me. If he added a school of fish or something, I think it would detract a bit from the socks. Plus, if you know what "Rapture" is, then you know it's under water!

N2O

Yeah, given the whole "Rapture" theme of the game and the dark colors, I figured it would be obvious that the city was under water, expecially with the sub and coral reef. I could add some plankton or sea weed I guess, but I don't know what that would really add to the scene.

alpha-fly

Exactly! It's perfect as is don't change a thing!

fishbucket

Ahh, the mysterious tube-sock worms of the deep. Fishy likes and offers up five smackers. Great design.

manatee57

I like it! I hope I'll be wearing it soon. :-)

badzen

Oh, Buddha. I'm tired of "funny" baby t- shirts!

N2O

Thanks, Morgan. (rolls eyes)

herky
herky profile pic Alumni

great characters and colors, the one sticking his tongue out is hilarious.

N2O

Thanks herky! I love the gummi bear tree!

mravko

oh, love!

shoebox22

Thumbs up. Keep up the good work!

jammonstrald

this reminds me more of Steve Zissou than BioShock.

jammonstrald

which is not a good thing given that it's supposed to be a BioShock shirt... 3 anyway.

N2O

"Inspired by", dude...

No account?
Join Us