Close
One second...

invertebrates on my mind

• by humbleego
  • posted Mar 20, 2007
  • 116 Comments

I seem so share the current obsession with octopi. I'm sorry for adding to the surplus octopus themed shirts, but I couldn't get this critter out of my mind.

Watch this
Page:
  1. 1
  2. 2
  3. 3
humbleego
humbleego profile pic Alumni

I seem so share the current obsession with octopi. I'm sorry for adding to the surplus octopus themed shirts, but I couldn't get this critter out of my mind.

Kay the Great

I love this so much. $5

(placement option B, please)

Trouton

Really amazing!

mrmajestik

great illustration.

rathergreen

Lovely. Really stands out from the rest.

LionelM

That's excellent.

J-Ray

omg amazing!!!!! $5

and here i thought i was sick of octopuses, you've saved them!

roboroller

anything with octopi is golden, i dont care, they are my favorite of all animals and this will get a big 5 bones. thank you.

BlameTheSuburbs
BlameTheSuburbs profile pic Alumni

well drawn, but the concept doesn't make sense, even though its a great excuse to draw a well shaded octopus. ... 4.

g-regulate
g-regulate profile pic Alumni

please don't apologise, sir. this is magic.

mag391

wowza

Once Again

I like it but, I would love it if his tentacle wrapped around the light bulb.

mezo
mezo profile pic Alumni

That octopus is GORGEOUSLY RENDERED. And the highlights are lovely. But, man, that lightbulb seems irrelevant. 4

dusk

This really does stand out from the octopodal crowd. 5$

travioli

Gorgeous. $5

spiveybr

nice, 5$.

Ellsswhere
Ellsswhere profile pic Alumni

not a huge fan of the shirt but your linework is insane... great use of form and weight. 5 mezo always seems to beat me to the comments

g-regulate
g-regulate profile pic Alumni

what is this talk of relevance? this design is original, whimsical, and shows great skill. in other words, more threadless than threadless.

cpdesign
cpdesign profile pic Alumni
1 design submitted -

Beautiful illustration. Love the texture and colors. $5

kaloyster
kaloyster profile pic Alumni

I love the design! But I dunno what's the deal with octopus subs lately. But this is the best so far.

crunchygirl

Placement B. Very well-executed octopus. The "light source" really adds something.

Ueno

omg the lighting is awesome :3

its not the usual style that i like but i would definitely buy this :)

Dazla

Design B is better, very nice stuff

The Crackers

that detail

is CURAZAYYYYY

megjen

Magnificent illustration.

humbleego
humbleego profile pic Alumni

Thanks for the comments, guys. I suppose I should mention that the light bulb means nothing. There's nothing to get, I'm afraid.

This design was the result of some "stream of consciousness" sketching. I know people like a gag or some kind of story most of the time here, but this has none. I was just sketching and this came out of my pencil. :)

i carnt spel

i'm sick of seeing octopuses and shit but man that is insane... loose the light bulb and i'd 5 it!

cwilli14

looks good, keem them comin!

Dandelionbreeze

Wow, I LOVE the style! I'd like to know what kind of method you use :)

I don't think the light bulb needs to be removed. It changes it from just being a shirt with an octopus on it (you could get that at any old zoo) to being a unique design.

yeohgh
yeohgh profile pic Alumni

beautiful..nice!!! :D

ilovecuttles

I must have this shirt!!!!!!! awesome design!!

chelly

mad skillz yo

potatoesrus

i love the way the light brightens the front of the octopus, this is simply gorgeous. way to bring back the octopus, man!

quaycur

don't apologize, there may be a lot of octopi subs lately, but very few are as good as this. your color use is excellent. go with placement b or something close to it. and while i know it's totally irrelevant, i really like your presentation layout.

deadbeathero

This is great! I would mos-def buy this shirt! great drawing and cool design. Never though i would wear purple...

bektravels

Another totally awesome design. Love this, love your others too. $5.

katnipp28

most impressive octopus design i've seen. glad you entered it :]

Option B is better, in my opinion.

jessicatehmoose

Amazing. Option B is just grand.

I...want this.

...like, a lot.

vermillionhorror

The difference between your design and all the other octopi shirts is yours is actually well-drawn! Beautiful! $5
(I like option B)

habodes

This is beautiful.

The Ending

holy crap on the detail! 5!

aled
aled profile pic Alumni

Awesome. The subtle texture and contour changes achieved with brushstrokes is fantastic. I also admire the way you have achieved the diffusion of light using that scribbled glow. There's been a surge of purple shirts recently, and this is now my favourite one. 5$

Greenleaf

love it!

WhoWhatWhere

NO MORE OCTOPUSES PLEASE

fat pigeon
fat pigeon profile pic Alumni

Wow. I love this.

Recycledwax
Recycledwax profile pic Alumni

this is so well done! Congrats! great style! 5

helo

What a beauty !