Teddy Bears of Rapture

• by halegrafx
  • posted Mar 20, 2007
  • 54 Comments

In the future, teddybears don't just keep the imaginary monsters away, they graphically slay the monsters with drills to keep the little girls they love safe....

for BIOSHOCK LOVES THREADLESS

Hi-Res Pic in my Profile. Thanks for voting!!!

Watch this
Page:
  1. 1
  2. 2
halegrafx

In the future, teddybears don't just keep the imaginary monsters away, they graphically slay the monsters with drills to keep the little girls they love safe....

for BIOSHOCK LOVES THREADLESS

Hi-Res Pic in my Profile. Thanks for voting!!!

mag391

pretty bad ass

halegrafx

ok Bioshock doesn't really take place in the future, but it has that rusty torn up future feel...

Frekinscnoth

I don't much like the blue shirt, but I do love the illustration. Simply superb expression on the girl as well.

violesca

i love this design but i think it would work better on a different color shirt

Gareth1

I'd say lose the carpet/flooring and just have the characters. Otherwise really nicely done.

lialesca

I love the illustration, especially the smile that the bear and the girl are sharing. I actually like the coloring with the blue shirt background ^_^
5 bucks!

Kojima
Kojima profile pic Alumni

nice shading

JAZZDoobs.

This is cute. I love it. $5 and buy.

Scotticus
Scotticus profile pic Alumni

impressive 5$

marga_grooves

Yeah, it'd be better on black or gray, for example. But I love the design- a good twist of the teddy stuff

GoldenWasp

Really awesome...5 and buy.

vradesign
vradesign profile pic Alumni

Awesome illustration! Love the color! $5'n it!

halegrafx

Thanks for all the great ideas....the color changes would be an easy fix...its an .AI file... Probably should of done a flash file and let you guys played with the color ;)....But I like this one myself and I thought it lent itself to the whole underwater thing...As far as the flooring...I took the pattern from the game....so love it or hate it :)

cruttan

Wow. This is amazing - I love the shading and the colors. For me, the color shirt you chose is perfect to set the design.

mezo
mezo profile pic Alumni

Great illustration, but all of the different colors you are using as shading makes the design muddy, which is unfortunate because much of the detail gets lost. I'm interested how this would look with only 2-3 ink colors.

Also, I hate the floor.

halegrafx

hmm, you've sparked my curiousity I might try cutting the colors down just to see some variations. Thanks mezo :)

black_ink

great illustration, but i think you should get rid of the floor. and put it on a different color shirt -- dark blue, black, and dark gray would work better. maybe dark green too.

butterfly580

awesome as always! i like the colors

lerky

Wow that is amazing! Colours are great, a bit shaky on the floor though. 5

apartment223

holly smoke. great concept and well done, love everything about it 5$

TheGoodKing

is this in any way inspired by the phillip pullman books? Good artwork by the way!

dacat
dacat profile pic Alumni

Awesome job! $5

bectheknife

Damn me, that is a brilliant tee. I'd buy it!

Petanca

beautiful drawing

ilovetheopera

Impressive. Totally blew me away, this one did. Kind of swayed by my intense and probably unhealthy love of teddy bears, and the bear head is kinda unproportioned to the body, but this unproportion makes it even cuter. On a different colour shirt, though, maybe natural, so $4. Still, I'd buy it.

Willish

Perhaps on a darker shirt?
Deep purple or a black?

spriggan

wow 5$ the art style is very cool

queen_maria

how does the bear fit in his giant armor like robot thing? his arms are bout this long. . the arms on the robot are this long. ________________.ok maybe im exagerating. and i like this design. but the arms bug me!

TONICACAT

wow, totally totally bad ass!

alpha-fly

Cute teddy, looks a bit mushy, though.

Lilitou

I don't know what's going on in this design, but it is frakking awesome. 5$

dr. loopy94

lose the floor...its a bit distracting and doesnt really fit with the rest of the design

roboroller

okay, when i saw this one...i peed in my pants a little...if this doesn't get printed, there is no jesus. $5 (but put it on black or navy)

BioCS.Nerd

Nice. I don't dig the background though.

tastygoldfish

lose the flooring takes away from the characters and on a different color not sure which just dont like the blue apart from that awesome illustration 5

halegrafx

Yeah, the flooring doesn't seem to be too popular, I was just trying to tie in the actual flooring from the game and the whole first person perspective...If threadless were to choose it, I could put the flooring on a seperate layer called "Use or lose"....

I appreciate all this great input!!

Page:
  1. 1
  2. 2
No account?
Join Us