Close
One second...

Don't Touch the Thermostat.

"Science Is Culture." The theme says it all. I sought to create a simple graphic depicting the two biggest cultural debates relating to science in recent memory.

Watch this
Page:
  1. 1
  2. 2
TheloniusMnk

"Science Is Culture." The theme says it all. I sought to create a simple graphic depicting the two biggest cultural debates relating to science in recent memory.

slpei

Great idea! However, I think the execution could be a bit better. As it stands, some parts look like a mixture of Paint and ClipArt. Really nice idea though!!

Cliss

This is cute, however threadless has already printed a shirt about Pluto. To improve: the planets are well drawn but the couch, and the newspaper should be cleaner and neater. Also, maybe speech bubbles instead of just lines?

J-Ray

on a side note, pluto is much, much smaller than Earth :0)

jillypilly

i have that other shirt about pluto, but i would seriously get this one too. im so sad for pluto!

spock123

hahaha... When I saw this, I literally laughed out loud. I really hope this gets printed! Nice job!

TheloniusMnk

Thanks for the nice comments. I know there was Pluto shirt already printed, but this design isn't all about Pluto. It's just a piece of the overall theme, so the context is a whole lot different than the other Pluto shirt.

TheloniusMnk

Oh, and this was done from scratch in CorelDraw, just in case anyone cared.

cook1e

hahahahha poor pluto

aloha243

I love this shirt! $5!!!

wantthatone

I really like this. nice design, funny and topical. All good

Sinareo

I think this is pretty funny, man! Something about the font dsn't sit right with me, though. I'm wondering how clear it will read on a printed shirt - maybe bolden the words?

I think it's very good, though. $5, of course.

eaglejon

I really like the idea and the execution, but I kind of wish that it looked more like something that was hand drawn. The couch especially looks kind of blocky. The concept is great, though!

idunno

why does the moon have a pluto hat on?

Alexandra Marie

One of the only shirts on here that has been able to make me laugh lately. Nice job.

Cloudgazer

OH MY GOSH!

this is wonderful! :oD

gamejunkie

lol I love this, very much. I need this in my collection! 5$

fidolofido

Hee hee!
But I think Pluto would be purple, don't you?

TheloniusMnk

To answer some questions about Pluto:

In every picture I've seen of Pluto, its color is a sort of bluish-gray. Hence, the color in the design.

Also, referring to idunno's question ("why does the moon have a pluto hat on?"), Pluto is basically just a big slab of rock floating around in space, just like the moon. Their surfaces are actually pretty similar. That's why I put the hat, just to clear up any doubt.

Thanks for all the comments!

cintrao

this could be on an episode of south park... I like the ideia.

mephitine

For some reason--maybe it's the hat--this made me think of the whole Britney Spears/Kevin Federline thing. Bizarre.

Cute concept, though!

redsugar

Haha!

Vorernil

Hahhahahhah!

lycoloco

$5, I love the concept.

YinYang

I like it.

tumblina

i wouldnt buy it for myself but id buy it for someone else... maybe. its funny. like a good comic you're glad you caught in the paper. you didnt steal it from the comic section did you? i giggled. thanks for that.

TheloniusMnk

Definitely not stolen. I don't roll like that. I'm not aware of any comic that used this idea, so if something similar is already in existance then it's a complete coincidence.

Normally, I wouldn't be so defensive, but with people like candance20 submitting forgeries all over the place lately, people's suspicions might be up.

That said, thanks for all the comments! I'm glad you find it humorous.

LeRoi

I'd just have them floating.

atomicpower

pluto's not even allowed in the same room as earth anymore.

jacquiwithacue

great idea. pluto should be smaller. it looks too much like the moon, even with the hat. it should be more obvious.

Stephie Lou

I Love it on green!

jsav

Haha! This is great Thel!

dr. loopy94

PLUTO LIIIIIIVES!

lialesca

Aww... poor "Dwarf Star" T_T
I love it! 5 bucks!

n_evermin_d

It looks like you didn't even try.

TheloniusMnk

Thanks for voting, and for all the comments.

TheloniusMnk

It looks like you didn't even try.

Your mom didn't even try!

ooooooooo that was a sick burn.

3Dcasualty

kind of looks like a crappy flash animation i saw once

Page:
  1. 1
  2. 2
No account?