Close
One second...

Broadway?

Hey guys. I'm going to NYC next month and was wondering if any of you have seen any broadway productions? If so, what would you recommend?

Watch this
Page:
  1. 1
  2. 2
realslimnatey

you keep getting gh3yer every minute

kayceislost

i recommend you take me with you.

realslimnatey

i have some recommendations though

kayceislost

you would, you gaybot.

realslimnatey

who you talking to, you skankanoid

ladykat

Caberet was the most amazing Broadway musical I've ever seen. Ever.

amaliaslash

aida! or thoroughly modern millie, or mamma mia! (even though it's around abba) the lion king has really good set and costume design, though, especially the gazelles.

ladykat

I really didn't like Aida... I mean, the scenery and costumes were spectacular, but that's about all it had going for it. The performance was insanely bland.

ir0cko

maybe Lion King would be best so my mom knows what's happening. hahaha. tickets are expensive!

amaliaslash

i saw aida with original cast on broadway, and it was amazing. it was really moving, a lot of people in the audience were crying and i was tearing up. but i saw it in raleigh and it was sub par...it really depends on casts and how passionate they are about it. the same goes for any play or musical, though.

squeegebeckenheim

and grease!

i don't think it will be out by then though.

ir0cko

i'm going to have to search for tickets when i come online later. my mom is going to take over the computer right now. keep the recommendations coming! :P

amaliaslash

and the lion king is not as cheesy as you'd think it would be, which is a plus. spamalot, YES!

ir0cko

i'd love to see Grease. hahaha. i watch the show like a maniac... :\<br />
guilty pleasure? even American Idol..

squeegebeckenheim

GO SEE AVENUE Q AND SPAMALOT OR I WILL NEVER SPEAK TO YOU AGAIN!

TheBetterKelly

I'm going in late March w/ my hs drama club and we're seeing some new show called the Pirate Queen and some show that was banned for 100 years called Spring Awakenings. From what they told me the Pirate Queen is supposed to be one of those "epic" musicals like Les Miserables or Miss Saigon and the other one is just raunchy. So, I don't know if either of those sound at all interesting to you but I just felt like sharing.

kayceislost

ahahaha i said gaybot.

TheBetterKelly

I've only ever seen 1 show on Broadway before and that was Phantom of the Opera. It was pretty good and we sat right under the chandelier so that was cool.

moofymadness

on broadway i have seen:
-hairspray
-avenue q
-the producers
-rent

all are good

ir0cko

ooh. i think my mom might like Hairspray since my mom likes American Idol. Diana Degarmo is in that..

ir0cko

have you seen it, brian?

iPear

I saw an off broadway show called the alter boys, it was pretty funny. one of the characters reminds me of nate.

iPear

I was going to see Avenue Q but the tickets are freaking expensive.

yr red scare

Go see Spring Awakening so I can live vicariously through your experience!

I've seen Rent, Wicked, and Spamalot on Broadway; and Cats, Guys and Dolls, Jesus Christ Superstar, and Les Mis off. All, except for Cats, were good.

ir0cko

hahaha. Alter Boys! it has one of the contestants from the show Grease: You're The One That I Want.

iPear

srsly? I should've watched it, Alter boys is pretty funny.

tracerbullet

yes i have. it's the only broadway show i've seen. it's fucking awesome.

tracerbullet

see it.

see it or die.

ir0cko

die?

hannabear

i'm so jealousss. my sister saw Lion King and she liked it. haha

ir0cko

let's go hanna. meet me in NYC!

hannabear

can we destroy it?

ir0cko

sure. let's buy the t-shirts and prepare for destruction.

ir0cko

bump

squeegebeckenheim

just stopping in to second this comment:

tracerbullet on Feb 21 '07 at 9:57pm
see it.

see it or die.

i also recommend WICKED. i have not seen it, but i know most of the songs and they are great!

Lucretia Mott

Is Avenue Q still playing? Its the only show I've seen on broadway but it wwas thoroughly enjoyable.

I don't like WICKED. It's a very mediocre show, I think. However it has the potential for a really good production. The production I saw had amazing set and costume design..but I think the show itsself..plot, characters, songs..Meh.

Jexwell

Rent?

I mean, there's always the classic of The Lion King

and isnt The Color Purple on broadway now?

Lucretia Mott

Rentttt. There's another show I am not a fan of. I understand its historical significance, but I dunno. I've never thought it was greatly entertaining. I always want to punch all the characters for being such reactionary douchebags. Just pay your fucking runt like everyone else, queers.

exoticrobotic

have your mum take you to a strip club instead

Jexwell

pay your runt?

muwhahahahaaaaa

Lucretia Mott

:-/ It's hard to type when you've lost 80% of your digits in the war, you freedom hater.

ir0cko

i think i've decided on the lion king :P

something my mom would understand. hahaha.

Lucretia Mott

Ahahahah I saw Avenue Q with my mom. She didn't make any awkward comments about the puppet sex at all!! I was so proud of her.

ir0cko

puppet sex? maybe i should see that instead. sounds interesting!

moofymadness

i saw avenue q with my mom too. it wasn't as raunchy as i thought it would be, but thats probably just because i thought it was going to be really scandalous. granted, it still will offend.

lol, lucretia, my mom gave me a look during the puppet-sex but that was it. we were at a really wonky angle to the stage so the puppet-sex wasn't as blantant.

Page:
  1. 1
  2. 2
No account?