Close
One second...

Watch Me Do My Fancy Dance

I submitted this a month or so ago, pre-critique section, but it was shot down for "poor design quality" and never made it to scoring. My ego!

So let's see how I can improve this, yeah?

A little background: I like to draw monsters. I've got a stack of them on my desk here, and I'd like to just start throwing them at Threadless and seeing if any stick. This little guy would have been the first one. He's one of my favorites.

The effect on the viewer that I aim for on all of these designs is something along the lines of, "Oo, look at the little guy! Tee hee!" Simplicity is where it's at, in my opinion. I'd like each of my little dudes to stand on the merits of their own design, see, but it would seem that this one did not. So, help me find a way to make this fella work!

Watch this
HFrankenstein

I submitted this a month or so ago, pre-critique section, but it was shot down for "poor design quality" and never made it to scoring. My ego!

So let's see how I can improve this, yeah?

A little background: I like to draw monsters. I've got a stack of them on my desk here, and I'd like to just start throwing them at Threadless and seeing if any stick. This little guy would have been the first one. He's one of my favorites.

The effect on the viewer that I aim for on all of these designs is something along the lines of, "Oo, look at the little guy! Tee hee!" Simplicity is where it's at, in my opinion. I'd like each of my little dudes to stand on the merits of their own design, see, but it would seem that this one did not. So, help me find a way to make this fella work!

melart99

you know i love timps. maybe if there were some action lines to show that he is indeed doing a little jig. that's all i can think of (i still think you need to do a huge grouping of your monsters!)

rtoyota

I agree with simplicity, but his face is a little too simple. I'd work on his face, eyes especially, to try and give him more character. He needs some sort of expression that draws you in. It doesn't have to be extreme, but at the moment it's just too plain. Those are my thoughts.

No account?
Join Us