Close
One second...

So....this is what passes for a new type tee i guess.

Threadless hurts my feelings sometimes, along with the other sloganeers maniacally rubbing their brains against metaphorical cheese graters over at the The Official Slogan Club in the hopes of coming up with something truly different and new in the way of presenting funny comments on shirts. We've been patiently waiting for a type tee to finally to poke its head out from the Threadless mist, and we finally get...a lame head-banger Hot Topic-ish slogan. O, i forgot, it's in a different printing style so that ups the humor and intellectual quotient of the shirt's messege. I guess printing what the 14-year-olds want has truimphed again. I still love you Threadless, and the actual shirts today are top-notch, but WHY DON'T YOU RESPECT THE ART OF THE SLOGAN IN THE SAME WAY YOU RESPECT THE DESIGNS? I'm done now...myself and the OSC crew have gotta go on a slogan meditation vacation up in the hills of Grammarton. Here's hoping for a better tommorrow in the shirty word department.

Watch this
Page:
  1. 1
  2. 2
drmtama2

...hmmm.. this is a SELECT.. not a type tee.. sorry.. you wasted all that time typing this... have a good day

:)

ekaj47

thats a select? 25 bucks for a 1 color type tee with felt?

chelly

okay, i hear what you are saying, but come on....FELT!

FELT FELT FELT

women will want to touch you. rockers will want to be you.

Torakamikaze
1 design submitted - Score now!

meh, yeah saddening... its the only one out of all that im getting for free that i dont really want. Sigh, I was looking forward to owning my first select tee

chelly

getting for free?

J-Ray

wacky wacky wacky.

Pisses me off too. People put so much effort into coming up with good slogans, and they let this fly for a $25 Select?

Torakamikaze

yeah chelly, i won all of this weeks tees with my super bowl prediction

ekaj47

specialty inks and print methods should be used within the design to enhance the art, its almost like threadless said "well this is kinda boring just as a select type tee - lets add felt and then it will be true metal!"

what kind of metal head wears felt?

grypesagon

I'm not sure they regulate the selects the same way. Reading the "select" description it seems like once someone is chosen they get complete artistic license. As we can see that's not always a positive but it's the same way with real art.

chelly

well that's damn cool!

i seriously understand the rage about the lack of slogan tees and the ugly font etc.

however,

ROCK FELT!

shirtflirt

"Felt is cool"

--some dude in 1982.

FRICKINAWESOME

drmta- hehehe. Yeah, I KNEW someone was gonna say that, which is why i named the blog the way i did...both as this is what PASSES for a type tee, meaning it's pretty lame and it's not under the type tee banner. so there. sticks toungue out

maddingo

oh fucking ha... it is a select tee...

maddingo

it does suck equally as a select tee certainly...however..

FRICKINAWESOME

Also, felt gives me the heebie jeebies when i touch it.

SemantiTheft

Someone really got paid for copying a slogan from a bumper sticker?

shirtflirt

paid handsomly

J-Ray

not just any bumper sticker... a bumper sticker on a pickup truck!

Torakamikaze

contrary to courtney's WAAAAHHHHHHHHHH statement, this is one of the few "WAAAHHHHHH! Real Monsters" blogs that I fully agree with.

lunchboxbrain

I would imagine that the text was all drawn by hand (just a guess). So there's some serious skill there.

shirtflirt

well, in all honesty, courtneylynne has been here a whole month so she would have a finger on the pulse of threadless and the select tee idea.

serious skill isn't the issue, lunchbox, the price is, it seems.

shirtflirt

and isn't courtneylynne an "adult entertainer"

Torakamikaze

i wouldnt deny the skill behind the lettering, that was done well. But the fact that its such a generic phrase and that ithappens to be a select, is what irks me.

CourtneyLynne

This is vulcanhalfbreed, cockass. I switched names.

spacesick

wahhhhhhh!

yeah, beat it n00b!

shirtflirt

cockass, you forgot to email me with your updates.

cock.
ass.

a bird donkey combonation from the mind of a trekkie to combat the mighty Liger!

CourtneyLynne

What'd I do? Seriously? Why the hate?!
Jesus!

shirtflirt

there's nothing to get

she's a "married lesbian"

ekaj47

i doubt those fonts were all drawn by hand, they all look like fonts you can find for free, it just looks like they were altered a bit

at any metal show

"is that fucking kid wearing felt to a metal show, fucking shit it is"

kid drowns in bro guy hell and precious 25 dollar shirt is ripped to shreds and left on the bottom of a blood stained sweat filled concrete ashtray

shirtflirt

you did nothing.

i commented on you
then you commented on me
then i, back to you, back to me, back to you

chelly

conter-balances hate with much love

CourtneyLynne

Thank you, Chelly. I have love for both you, and this shirt :)

shirtflirt

and really, i didn't say anything too hate-filled.

that was like, shirtflirt lite.

shirtflirt

this shirt gets 0 love

Torakamikaze

dont worry courtney, i meant no harm either. I forgot to add the words ' a sandwich' in my last comment. I thought you might be hungry

spacesick

holy poop what the hell is going on in here?

stop it now guys, even if you're just joking

J-Ray

Do lesbians like pickup trucks?

shirtflirt

o rly spacesick
lolz or j/k or rofl doesn't count here?

mezo

This blog ain't metal.

shreads invisible flying V

hair helicopters

shirtflirt

whatever dude.

you're authority extends the length of your hand.

spacesick

zakk wylde's action figure just gave this blog the stone cold stunner

jsitzer9

Threadless is high if they think we're gonna pay $25 for a tee with felt lettering.
And Metal sucks by the way. If you think differently you should go back to 1986 and stay there.

takoyaki

Sorry for being 14?

trstan

I all for getting FELT up by women but I can't see spending $25 on a lackluster slogan posing as a select tee.

FRICKINAWESOME

wow....when I post a "i'm not into this" blog usually, i get hated on in the worst way...thanks for embracing my hate guys! I mean, I like Mastodon and Khoma as much as the next metalhead, but I thought these types of slogans went out after the last two times metal dipped under the radar.

Chelly- C'mon, riot girrrrrrrrl! Even the word FELT is in past tense, as in "I was really feeling it back in the day, but felt is no longer where it's at." I do like the pens made out of the material tho.

tako- I really appreciate you apologizing for being 14 years old. Don't worry, you can make it up to me in a year's time!

Page:
  1. 1
  2. 2
No account?