Close
One second...

Le Voyage dans la Lune

This is based off one of the most recognizable images in film history, a scene from George Melies' 105 year old film called Le Voyage dans la Lune (A Trip to the Moon), in which crazy astronomers shoot a rocket out of a cannon into the moon's eye, and explore it's surface. You can watch it on youtube if you like.

I felt such a strong iconic image as the moon (with albeit a modern) rocket in it's eye appropriate for a film festival tshirt that celebrates film and film making, as George Melies pioneered many moviemaking techniques, and created the first science-fiction film ever.

Best,

Kenneth.

Watch this
Page:
  1. 1
  2. 2
kennnnnnnnnn

This is based off one of the most recognizable images in film history, a scene from George Melies' 105 year old film called Le Voyage dans la Lune (A Trip to the Moon), in which crazy astronomers shoot a rocket out of a cannon into the moon's eye, and explore it's surface. You can watch it on youtube if you like.

I felt such a strong iconic image as the moon (with albeit a modern) rocket in it's eye appropriate for a film festival tshirt that celebrates film and film making, as George Melies pioneered many moviemaking techniques, and created the first science-fiction film ever.

Best,
Kenneth.

phones

YES! But don't forget the Mighty Boosh's moon efforts $5

LesterF

NOICE! $5

andyg

This is awesome! 5$

mattrobot

whoa, great job! $5

Lowfat

hah... wow... 5

sonmi

oh, i love it. the stars look really nice too...

melob1

Haha, this is great! How does it looks likke on a black shirt?

FRICKINAWESOME
2 designs submitted - Score now!

Not digging the gold for this design, but i like what youve done with the parody. Not since the "Tonight, Tonight" Smashing Pumpkins video have i seen someone give that image the proper justice and placement it deserves! At first, i thought there were little people at the bottom of the moon which i even like more, but then realized it was just your image coming through! Good stuff.

djdole

Would have scored it higher had it had a little more accuracy.

It should have been designed with a Saturn V rocket, Apollo spacecraft, lunar lander or command module in the eye, but not a space shuttle.
Shuttles have never been used to go to the moon, just to ferry satellites or other payloads into orbit.

djdole

...also the space shuttle isn't a rocket.

noponies

nice work...as for the need for accuracy, come on, its an interpretation using popular culture motifs...the shuttle is totally fine...it adds to the noir effect

ozrict two

at least it doesnt have a camera in it

staffell

this is my favourite of your work

GoldenWasp

This is awesome..5. :D

SemantiTheft

I like it a lot, but the bit of the moon that seems to have melted down over its mouth REALLY bothers me... it looks as if his nose is running. Without that, it's a buy.

rudra

as a science geek - i kinda have to agree that a lander of some sort would have been preferable to the shuttle - and the yellow saddens me - otherwise awesome and, yes - perfect for tribeca

kennnnnnnnnn

it would be dope if something could glow in the dark. but i'm not sure how that works.

BonnieBlu

This is one of my fav images. Absolutly awesome

eskimokiss

great departure from your usual freakish illos of little creatures, birds and fat women, but just as amazingly freakish nonetheless.
5$

bananaphone

the guy from shirtstain has been trying to contact you for months. I suggest you give him an email if you want a print.

frooshante

5$, but I would prefer it on a dark blue shirt, it would give the surroundings more of a space-feel.

armorforsleepfan

5$ i agree, put it on a darker shirt and it would be perfect.

pollypry

beautiful as usual $5

arkayuu

Touche, ken. Touche. $5

yeohgh

oh yes..Kennnn u r ROCKING!!

descartes

waahooooo amazing... I love this shirt ... 5$

descartes

By the way, the shuttle in it makes it so much better, almost as if its making a jab at modern space efforts :-D

jublin

this is amazing ken. It's really a great idea for the contest, good luck to you.

impossiblejosh

tooooo cool! i love your work mang! 5$$

abeadle

I love this, awesome movie :)
$5

Kay the Great

Ooh, it's all sticky! It's covered in jam!

lol sorry, random Eddie Izzard quote. ;)

Anyway, I give you a 4 because I kind of don't get it. But you get kudos for having a title in French. So I'll make it a 5. :)

Rainbowbrite

looks like someone got some dick in there eye

ahjota

Kay, you just have to watch the film that inspired this to understand. Maybe even just the one scene. :shrug:

$4

redoubt

Awesome! Melies . . . oh man, that takes me back to film school :)

kennnnnnnnnn

yeah i'm in an 'international cinema before WWI' class at university, and we have to watch tons of films like this. it's great.

Brett F.

hehehe

tranquilsquall

I just watched this film in class this week, and I love your design, totally captures it. $5

goldkiss

awesome, love your work !

terryb

navy blue shirt

Band Geek

No. Way.
A shirt that takes a brain to understand?
Get out of here.

Very nice =) $5

lesquelette

I like this as is.

ccockerill

I think the colors on this need to be re worked

jpiatt

Brilliant. I think it would be amazing on black with glow in the dark ink too. $5

Page:
  1. 1
  2. 2
No account?