Close
One second...

Moving Image

• by emeryg
  • posted Jan 17, 2007
  • 42 Comments

NYC Subway:

As the train pulled out of Central Station the still frames outside my window slowly came to life like the turning reel of a moving picture. With each passing motion the story of America was told and a city built before my eyes.

To add mystery to this colorful wonderland a narrative played in the background accompanying the musical beat of the runaway track below my feet, the story it told varied from seat to seat, from passenger to passenger each with their own role to play in this great city which is The Big Apple.

Watch this
emeryg
emeryg profile pic Alumni

NYC Subway:

As the train pulled out of Central Station the still frames outside my window slowly came to life like the turning reel of a moving picture. With each passing motion the story of America was told and a city built before my eyes.

To add mystery to this colorful wonderland a narrative played in the background accompanying the musical beat of the runaway track below my feet, the story it told varied from seat to seat, from passenger to passenger each with their own role to play in this great city which is The Big Apple.

Polymath

I love this! The concept of a filmstrip on the side of the subway is very cool--reminds me of a zoetrope. Great placement for the NYC skyline too.
If I were the Tribeca Film Fest, I'd buy this off you in a heartbeat.

martialstudy

I'm not a big fan of the colors personally, though they may ultimately work well for a Tribeca shirt. ::shrugs:: The design, however, is peerless. Best of the contest designs I've voted on so far.

Lowfat

i dig this muchly. 5.

DJakes979
DJakes979 profile pic Alumni

wow, i'm impressed.

aliens

I really, reallyl like it.

__rockstarr

this is great. i love the colors and just the overall design.

pink panzer

thats probably the coolest one Ive seen thus far.

grahamkk

bad ass. i love it.

procession

i love how bold the red stands against the yellow. i really love this shirt. $5

steve_wirzba

this is great! i love all the little details! the NY stuff with the music, just awesome. id definely buy! $5

veintecerotres

i like it so much, the concept is amazing, and so the ejecution!

i´d buy it

xyu
  1. =)
wear the dunce hat

I think this is my favorite submission for this contest. 5$

PrincessLa

LUV IT! Feel that NY life bursting out of your heart! NY - bleed baby bleed.

HappyHyperChic77

i love this shirt.
more than most of the shirts on here.
i really hope this one wins!
[:

hornet170

very cool man...very cool

shiola

Prefer the yellow version. Great design my old mucker.

xiiiin

this is really something... one of my favs for the contest so far... two comments... i thing the back (left) part of the train looked clipped off by the guitar... the guitar should be in the background.. the other thing is that it would be cool if the tracks ran into the yellow in the front...
if it were fixed that would be awesome!! yaay good job.

duexelle

Love it. You incorporate the movie strip into iconic NYC imagery much better than other submissions.

shortee113

colors remind me of mcdonalds...

mrdevaroritch

i love the street-art effects ; stencil and paint etc
and the design works on many levels !

emeryg

Only a couple of days left & thanks to everyone for your comments to date - re. the colours being Mcdonaldish I just tryed to get them as vibrant & eye catching as possible - @ least I got a 'big apple' in there so its healthy (see thumbnail for detail) cheers guys!

vradesign
vradesign profile pic Alumni

Freakin' awesome! Yellow is my color...

coffeeart

I'm disappointed to see any art work being copied. This design came almost directly from Logo Design Workbook. I understand recycling images but this is a bit obvious if you are a serious designer. But... good job.

emeryg

Coffeeart: I am insulted by your above comment & would like you to withraw it - I have no idea what reference you are making and have never seen either the design or the book you are refering to - please provide a reference to the above mentioned as this is a serious defamation to my character as a SERIOUS DESIGNER...

emeryg

"But...Good job" how can it be "good" if your seriously accusing me of plagiarism??? Please upload an image from your book for ALL to see - it better have a picture of a train coming out of an apple with a film stripe on the side & NY references or you owe me a BIG applogy I take slander seriously & hate when anyone copies other peoples works - I pride myself on originality and creativity & can asure you this design was created from scratch for Tribeca & threadless

buchanista

The colours are great! This design really meets the brief of revitalising lower Manhattan well. As for the above debate, it's hard to believe that a design with this much detail, relating to a specific competition could be copied frm anywhere, i'd love to see some evidence too

Veuch

i like it

Scaffel

stop talking and print it already!
I think that you'll win. Unless we see this piece that you "stole" from;)

spektor

the statue of liberty should be green, so it's a stem AND made of copper

cyberchick

this is not only storytelling its a visual extravagansa - just like the festival itself! $$55

poul

this should win

poul

I think coffee art is a fake user, he has scored only one submission.?

emeryg

Ya Poul he scored a 5 so I guess that wasn't for me but he's own entry to Tribeca - @ least Threadless should know who he is! Thanx for all your support and comments guys!

brain_stain9

I like this design and it looks very polished. With so much going on in this design though the drips are a little distracting. they seem out of place seeing that all the other characters are so clean and distinct. without the drips the apple would real more clear from the onset. $4

snittleface

I really like this. like a lot!

sole breaker

it is a gansta get away

No account?
Join Us