Close
One second...

The original blockhead

• by burgz
  • posted Dec 28, 2006
  • 47 Comments

First submission hopefully not the last. I hope you like.

Watch this
fre5hwind

Very subtle. If it weren't for the title, I wouldn't have made the connection. Good luck.

Hylian

That is awesome

archbar

Yeah, I don't get it. But it's a nice picture. 5.

appleton

I love the drippy style, 5

savianty

Great idea man :)

JefftheStud

blockhead?... reminds me of charlie brown but makes me think of gumby. am i lost?

hforhello

Very funny but hard to "get" without reading the title.

Jabwai

took me minute.. might be too sublte

winterscribbled

Not too subtle, in my opinion. It reminds me of the graffiti artist Banksy.

joshhupp

I don't like this design very much. It looks like a road sign. Try resubbing with the t-shirt below the neck. Then it would look like Charlie Brown.

xXtrajicKittiXx

I like it... But it may be hard for someone that isn't a fan of charlie brown...

hannaugh

Nice job. I didn't know they were fans of Charlie Brown on Easter Island.

JAYGATZ

yeah, the title needs to be there for people to get it, at least in reasonable time.

lovesmesumcake

That's my childhood, right there. Peanuts education videos all through elementary school, fucking awesome.

travioli

HA AH HAAHAHAAHAHAHAHHAHAH! 55

cityauctor

IT'S FANTASTIC!! $5

Booray

I really, really like this. Nice idea, nicely executed $5

yion072

haha clever

runt

oh hoho yes you are so clever. very grood if i do say so myself

hksofa3

that's tite, 5

helo

very nice illustration skills

SheepMan420

yea took me i minute but this is great charlie brown is the man i have his shirt 5$

special k

easter island? interesting. i think the charlie brown relation is a bit subtle, and it would have to be explained to everyone who didnt see the title. otherwise, a great design, and quite an original idea.

ninja star

best damn depiction that i've seen of Easter Island statues melded with a Charlie Brown theme.

facetious

This is definately kick ass, but I agree with them what said that the statue should actually be wearing the shirt.

flamespawned

No, dude, the paint is way cooler than a shirt. Maybe put the two hairs on the top of its head if you have to do something. Its beautiful, very iconic, and the intrigue is a huge part of the point.

OlliRudi
OlliRudi profile pic Alumni

good work!

burgz

Thanx for the feedback. I was worried that the message may be too subtle and wouldn't come with the quickness, but at the same time I didn't want something as obvious as a stop sign on my chest.

yeohgh
yeohgh profile pic Alumni

i love this one, and really created the attraction specially the yellow paint, Wonderful!!! $5 from me!

nikkilicious

I like it, but I have no idea what it is.

etherbrian
etherbrian profile pic Alumni

Good grief (pun intended)! It's excellent!

nizix

Yes, Yes to the Original Blockheads.

skafiend007

Maybe put a small piano next to the other one...

spoothed

i'll be explaining this one to everyone if i buy it. but very clever.

BrokenArm91

is this a charlie brown reference?

No account?
Join Us