Close
One second...

The Culprit Flees the Scene

• by tomburns
  • posted Dec 18, 2006
  • 63 Comments

LARGE VERSION HERE. for the decemberists comp. a blood puddle with the escaping murderer in the reflection.

Watch this
Page:
  1. 1
  2. 2
harrysally

it is REALLY interesting, with the assasin in her hair

very good work!

Raid71
Raid71 profile pic Alumni

looks great... like it on shit $5

mrhand

The bevel and drop shadow make it look like plastic or wax instead of a liquid. Good concept just needs better execution.

yion072

Great

Jezebel.

its really well done, but the blood should be darker.

chelly

i like how her eye looks like a bird head and the shadow in the reflection. not a fan of the white tee, but still gonna $5 because it is awesome.

valorandvellum
valorandvellum profile pic Alumni

Good job! I'm always a fan of layers of discovery. It's subtle and clever.

Blazewing

Seconding the wax comment but kudos on the subtlety.

maija

Ah, yet another Tom Burns "hidden face" design that all my guy friends will stare and stare at and be unable to see. At least, they claim they can't see the face in 1975 hidden on my chest. I smell a guy conspiracy with Tom Burns as the skillful mastermind.

maija

Seriously, I like the fresh interpretation of the theme. :)

tomburns
tomburns profile pic Alumni

thanks! and anything i can do to make it easier on us fellas to get away with staring at chests is a deed well done! :) haha

speedyjvw
speedyjvw profile pic Alumni

amazing

squintygirl

Very simple, very effective and compelling. Great work!

turtle-pants

took me a sec, but MAN that is AWESOME!

tomburns

haha, sweet!
sucks though, cause now that i think about it, i bet alot of people are scoring it before they realize its a face. they probably just think its a big puddle with a reflection and thats it. :|

lemonalle

Very clever!

autumn fairie

i love the design, but the colors are too bright...either a darker red, but i think a different color of background would be better. still...4

drmtama2

darker shirt... perhaps natural... the color of fffllllleessshhhhhhhh!

$5

Raid71
Raid71 profile pic Alumni

I'm apologizing for my earlier comment... I can't think for the life of me why I wrote that... I love this on white $5 should have been the correct comment

helo

I noticed the lady's face first and could barely see the reflection of the man. When I finally saw the reflection I thought you were using d3d's skeleton guy (the one in the lower right hand corner of his profile page) -- which is not the case. An interesting image.

helo

oops --- d3d

rudra

love the sublety - i agree the blood should be darker - and the shirt also - i'm thinking silver/ash light grey (not heather grey) - or maybe khaki or olive - you just don't want to fall into that hot-topicy black and red look

rudra

subtlety*

robynbanx

Wow, strong!

Mr Rocks
Mr Rocks profile pic Alumni

Very clever. 5. Nice work as usual Tom. Not as scary as your santa rap though....

J-Ray

Tom Burns is the shirt, minus the arrrr.

FRICKINAWESOME
FRICKINAWESOME profile pic Alumni
1 design submitted -

Tom attempts to defund my pockets once again with yet another groin-grabbingly amazing artistic freakout. Perhaps a little lower on the shirt, a smidge smaller, and defintely a silver or different color for the shirt to compliment the purty gore spray. But i think most people are mistaking the face-shaped blood for a face; it's just a pile of the victim's blood on the ground with the perpetrator fleeing the scene; we never actually see the victim's body. Right, Tom? At any rate 4 & $ nuff said. Word.

biticol
biticol profile pic Alumni

Nicely done

herky
herky profile pic Alumni

very creative and nicely executed design.

tomburns

thanks!

frickin, it is a puddle of blood, though there is a face formed from it too, the victims face. ;)

Marinabrinsky

I really like this design. I would buy it for me & my boyfriend.

invalide_silencieux

i would say the blood should be darker and more... splattered? or just look like the consistency of blood. but, very very well done otherwise.

invalide_silencieux

i think the blood should be darker, and maybe more splattery, like the consistency of blood. otherwise tho, very very well done.

invalide_silencieux

oops. you can probably tell what happened there, sorry.

Quag
Quag profile pic Alumni

Badass composition!

Petanca

Good one, would like it on a black shirt, also,more dramatic, perhaps.

sugarkitten

OOOHHHHH! I like this

JELLYTANK

smaller will better!good job n great concept.

The Orange Peel

Hmm... The blood should be darker. At this point it looks kind of like katsup.

Frekinscnoth

this is simple and so beautiful.

Tabs

LOVE IT LOVE IT LOVE IT!!!

$5

nylorac

I think the design is a bit large for the tee shirt, but other then that it looks great!

euryleia

I'd prefer if the reflection was easier to see. Other than that, I really like this.

Page:
  1. 1
  2. 2
No account?
Join Us